Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 8:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
AC269 YYZ-YWG was delayed today post-boarding for ~1.5hrs. Captain came on and said that it was due for a maintenance check earlier today, but it never happened and as a result they needed the paperwork done. He also said that he/FO had done their walk around and there was no maintenance issue with the aircraft, just that it's paperwork that needs to get done.

Expertflyer has it coded as delay non-scheduled maintenance, which is funny since the Captain said it was scheduled maintenance that just missed its schedule...

The in-seat outlet also doesn't work (pretty reliably doesn't work on the A321s) so I'm really down to the last of my battery now!
Old Feb 6, 2023, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by aprameya
.... due for a maintenance check .... he/FO had done their walk around.....
Two completely unrelated issues.

Originally Posted by aprameya
.... due for a maintenance check earlier today, but it never happened .....

Because no time was built into the schedule.....

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/c-giuf
Old Feb 12, 2023, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
I was booked on AC65 YVR - BKK tonight Feb 12.
AC sent a message that it is delayed until tomorrow morning (7 hours later) due to weather related issues.
The concierge at YVR told me that she checked and it is delayed due to a scheduled missile test on the route they are going to take.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 12:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by mendy7511
AC sent a message that it is delayed until tomorrow morning (7 hours later) due to weather related issues.
The concierge at YVR told me that she checked and it is delayed due to a scheduled missile test on the route they are going to take.
Gosh. That delay may not be eligible for compensation. Oooouuuuch.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
It seems "weather" is now the default setting on notifications - cause of delay has of course also been removed from the flight status on the app since too many people were screenshoting that and using in compensation court cases.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Changeup2000
Yes, and $4,000 to change to fly via NRT today instead.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 2:31 pm

I'm not entirely convinced.
Because of Russian airspace closure, there is in the simplest sense, only one way to fly to Asia.
Down the Aleutians, over Japan and Taiwan.
If the HKG flight can leave on time 30 minutes later, what's the real reason BKK can't leave a few minutes late?
CX, BR and CI are all scheduled to leave YVR on time shortly after midnight.

There is a very strong jet stream on the route today.
Maybe it's physically not possible for the flight to operate nonstop.

Last edited by tracon; Feb 12, 2023 at 2:32 pm Reason: added last paragraph.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
​​​​​​
expertflyer says ac65 has to leave at 630a vs 11p due to 'DELAY ATFM DUE TO ATC EN-ROUTE DEMAND/CAPACITY"

I've been chatting with @Adam Smith about this. I am sure AC is salivating now that they can throw "spy balloon/ufo" in their no APPR compensation excuse randomizer.

I am on AC66 2/14, and the delay stemming from this yvr-bkk causes me two onward misconnects. A 6h10m daytime delay is eligible for compensation from my CC, but I'll be hard pressed spending $500 in BKK. Plus if they make up time during boarding a 5h59m delay means I'd be denied.

Meeting some CC's "Overnight" delay criteria, even if an 11P flight was pushed to 12:30am, would be easy to claim per their rules.
​​​​​​​

Last edited by expert7700; Feb 12, 2023 at 3:16 pm
Old Feb 13, 2023, 6:55 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by expert7700
​​​​​​
expertflyer says ac65 has to leave at 630a vs 11p due to 'DELAY ATFM DUE TO ATC EN-ROUTE DEMAND/CAPACITY"

I've been chatting with @Adam Smith about this. I am sure AC is salivating now that they can throw "spy balloon/ufo" in their no APPR compensation excuse randomizer.

I am on AC66 2/14, and the delay stemming from this yvr-bkk causes me two onward misconnects. A 6h10m daytime delay is eligible for compensation from my CC, but I'll be hard pressed spending $500 in BKK. Plus if they make up time during boarding a 5h59m delay means I'd be denied.

Meeting some CC's "Overnight" delay criteria, even if an 11P flight was pushed to 12:30am, would be easy to claim per their rules.
Now that's going to be the routine reason given for any delays. Balloons or UFOs. One of our pilots saw a UFO and hence the flights have been delayed until it is identified.
expert7700 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Recurrent issue with this route.. having same issue tonight, Feb 13..
Old Feb 14, 2023, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by MDFFlyer
Recurrent issue with this route.. having same issue tonight, Feb 13..
Quite annoying when you have meetings during the day. Arriving a couple hours late is one thing, but landing in the evening vs the morning is a full day write off.
expert7700 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: hahaha
Anyone have the diversion reason for QK 8938 on Feb 10? I was sleeping and then woke up when we landed...back at the origin lol so I would have missed all of the PA reasonsing as to why we landed

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...350Z/CYUL/KEWR
Old Feb 15, 2023, 9:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Anyone know why AC 587 YYC-OGG stopped in YVR yesterday? This of course caused AC 588 OGG-YYC to be
4 & 1/2 hours late on the return
Old Feb 15, 2023, 4:35 pm

I was under the impression it was some sort of fluid leak.
Not hydraulic.
Possibly from the toilet area.
Don't quote me though.
Fire trucks did meet the flight on the runway.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...610Z/CYYC/CYVR

A/C swap in YVR.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ac587
Old Feb 17, 2023, 11:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
743 departed YYZ a little late. Whatever.

We arrived SFO a tiny bit late. Whatever.

Then we spent an hour at the gate while the SFO airport authority fixed the jet bridge.

Let's just say I really made use of the "relax" button.

When I fiy got off, a passenger at the gate made a comment along the lines of "they're JUST deplaning?!?!"

I'm currently headed home, and I was supposed to be at a bar with friends 45 minutes ago. My original flight was not this one. I chose it, in part, to be at a bar at 2200.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.