Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2023, 5:02 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by wjw
Thanks Adam, yes this will definitely be a flight where I buy wifi and will keep an eye on things.

To your point about emailing both central and NRT, where do you find emails for individual outstations? Or is this something where I’m best to stop by the concierge office in YYZ to discuss the situation then and it’s something they could provide?
Have you ever traded e-mails with any airport concierges? The formula is the same for all of the addresses. If that doesn't resolve it, I'm sure the folks at YYZ could share it with you.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 5:23 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Have you ever traded e-mails with any airport concierges? The formula is the same for all of the addresses. If that doesn't resolve it, I'm sure the folks at YYZ could share it with you.
Nope, first year as an SE and my flight patterns aren’t generally ones that require much concierge interaction aside from calling them on the phone every so often.

This is probably a good itinerary to stop by the concierge office in YYZ though.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 7:37 pm

Sitting in the YVR dom lounge looking out at a dry, calm evening. Just got this message for AC 126:

This flight is delayed due to bad weather at the departure airport. An example of bad weather could include thunderstorms, snow, fog, low clouds, or wind gusts.
The incoming flight from CUN is still on its way, and there is NO bad weather here.

And to think. I could have been having Scotch and Burgers right now!

Edit... And now AC 124 is scheduled to depart 1 hour early. Is that a thing? With at least 3 (in J) not checked in yet?

Last edited by painintheuk; Nov 4, 2023 at 8:50 pm
Old Nov 4, 2023, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by painintheuk
Just got this message for AC 126:

Despite the reason from AC, any chance that flight is waiting for a f/a from AC229 landing at midnight?

Edit... And now AC 124 is scheduled to depart 1 hour early. Is that a thing?

YVR website shows 60 minutes early.
AC website shows 30 minutes early.

Edit, something bigger seems to be going on.
SYD, DXB & BNE are all delayed to1:00.
AC229 is the only flight arriving with any significant delay.

Last edited by tracon; Nov 4, 2023 at 10:44 pm
Old Nov 4, 2023, 10:49 pm

Programs: Any open seat
Sitting in the YVR dom lounge looking out at a dry, calm evening. Just got this message for AC 126:

[color=black]

The incoming flight from CUN is still on its way, and there is NO bad weather here.

And to think. I could have been having Scotch and Burgers right now!

Edit... And now AC 124 is scheduled to depart 1 hour early. Is that a thing? With at least 3 (in J) not checked in yet?
Now an announcement blaming the delay on volcanic ash.

At least there was some windowside (rampside?) entertainment - a baggage container tipped over. A good number of ramp agents crowded around and took pictures before they tipped it back over using a forklift and tow truck.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 10:53 pm

They just announced in the lounge that the delay (at least to 126) is due to volcanic ash from Russian volcano. All non-AC flights still showing as on time or slightly delayed. WJ has a lot of cancellations, but not sure if that is related since they do have a couple of flights going.

SEA departures still all seem to be on time.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 11:53 pm

Programs: Any open seat
They just announced in the lounge that the delay (at least to 126) is due to volcanic ash from Russian volcano. All non-AC flights still showing as on time or slightly delayed. WJ has a lot of cancellations, but not sure if that is related since they do have a couple of flights going.

SEA departures still all seem to be on time.
Interestingly enough, the redeye PD flight to YYZ (PD 318) at 11:55pm still shows on-time. Maybe it's a sign that I should use my matched status and try them out.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by PortableCharger
Interestingly enough, the redeye PD flight to YYZ (PD 318) at 11:55pm still shows on-time. Maybe it's a sign that I should use my matched status and try them out.
As are all other flights. Several on final boarding.

Update:

Lynx, Flair and WestJet all managed to depart for YYZ. Porter is boarding. They should be up here offering people seats if they have any to spare!!

AC?

I definitely feel for the staff in the lounge who have been great. Seems that they are staying until/if we depart. Hopefully they get good overtime!
PortableCharger likes this.

Last edited by painintheuk; Nov 5, 2023 at 12:28 am
Old Nov 5, 2023, 1:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by wjw
Nope, first year as an SE and my flight patterns aren’t generally ones that require much concierge interaction aside from calling them on the phone every so often.

This is probably a good itinerary to stop by the concierge office in YYZ though.
I have connected through NRT over 20x and been delayed on numerous occasions. Every time there was a delay I was amazed at how proactive the local ground staff were in meeting the plane (lots of them), and having made onward connections mapped out, re-booked and posted in large handwritten, but perfect, script on large pieces of paper at the top of the jet-bridge with agents there to guide you...very Japanese efficient!
wjw likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 5:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Wrong departure time due to time change

This does not seem to be correct that the flight from YYC to YYZ took 2h 17m. We know the jet stream but it could not have been that powerful.

FlightAware shows AC156 left YYC at 2:09am MST and arrived at YYZ at 7:26am EST which probably is the correct situation.

Seems someone just lost their ticket and got a no show by showing up at the gate at 2:30am. I do believe they may have a case of grievance.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 9:32 am

volcanic ash from Russian volcano.
At the moment, there are two volcanic ash clouds.
One is in a line roughly Hope to Whistler.
The other is east of the Okanagan.
Both surface to 26,000' and moving eastward.

Go to FR24 to see flights into YVR diverting around it and flying over Bellingham into YVR

Originally Posted by Changeup2000

This does not seem to be correct that the flight from YYC to YYZ took 2h 17m. We know the jet stream but it could not have been that powerful.

FlightAware shows AC156 left YYC at 2:09am MST and arrived at YYZ at 7:26am EST which probably is the correct situation.

Seems someone just lost their ticket and got a no show by showing up at the gate at 2:30am. I do believe they may have a case of grievance.
1:05-5:35 is the published correct time with respect to the time change.
If the flight was to be airborne at 1:30, level off at 2:00.....at which point the time magically becomes 1:00,
2.5 hours of flying remaining + 2 hours of time changes, the flight lands at 5:30.

In the spring, the same flight would publish at 1:05-7:35.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Is 01:05 departure MST or MDT?
Old Nov 5, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by tracon
At the moment, there are two volcanic ash clouds.
One is in a line roughly Hope to Whistler.
The other is east of the Okanagan.
Both surface to 26,000' and moving eastward.

Go to FR24 to see flights into YVR diverting around it and flying over Bellingham into YVR

1:05-5:35 is the published correct time with respect to the time change.
If the flight was to be airborne at 1:30, level off at 2:00.....at which point the time magically becomes 1:00,
2.5 hours of flying remaining + 2 hours of time changes, the flight lands at 5:30.

In the spring, the same flight would publish at 1:05-7:35.
I am talking about the revised time after delay. The 3:09am is absolutely wrong.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 11:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K
The departure time being returned from AC is showing as UTC-6 (it shows estimated departure as 03:09 local time / 09:09 GMT), which is MDT. So it looks like it's not adjusting the time zone conversion in the status endpoint if there's a delay across a time change.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by spacedflyer
The departure time being returned from AC is showing as UTC-6 (it shows estimated departure as 03:09 local time / 09:09 GMT), which is MDT. So it looks like it's not adjusting the time zone conversion in the status endpoint if there's a delay across a time change.
The time change did not happen during AC IT's standard operating hours of 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday...oh and there's a hard 12 - 1 pm lunch break there, so adjust your expectations accordingly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.