Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2023, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

848 departed 25 minutes late yesterday evening. One crew member apparently got sick and had to be replaced.
Then there was a medical emergency during the flight. Asking us to stay onboard until after paramedics/medical personnel gets onboard upon arrival. Might have sped up. Sems we'll be arriving 30 minutes early.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 9:57 am

848 arrived at the gate 8 minutes early.
Maybe 6 minutes early if you factor in the amount of time it takes to open the door.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...050Z/CYYC/EDDF
Old Feb 18, 2023, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by asovse1
Anyone have the diversion reason for QK 8938 on Feb 10?
A Jazz Aviation Canadair CRJ-200, registration C-GNJA performing flight QK-938/AC-8938 from Montreal, QC (Canada) to Newark, NJ (USA) with 28 passengers and 4 crew, was in the initial climb out of Montreal's runway 24L when the crew received a "STAB TRIM FAIL" indication, declared PAN PAN, stopped the climb at 5000 feet and returned to Montreal for a safe landing on runway 24R about 30 minutes after departure.
Incident: Jazz CRJ2 at Montreal on Feb 10th 2023, stab trim failure
asovse1 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tracon
848 arrived at the gate 8 minutes early.
Maybe 6 minutes early if you factor in the amount of time it takes to open the door.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...050Z/CYYC/EDDF
True. But then they kept us on board for close to 30 minutes while emergency medical personnel was dealing with the case.

Concierge came on board and explained the trick to bypass security for connecting passengers. Apparently security was a battle zone and most connecting passengers would have missed theirs including us.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 2:16 pm

Programs: hahaha
Originally Posted by YZF_Flyer
A Jazz Aviation Canadair CRJ-200, registration C-GNJA performing flight QK-938/AC-8938 from Montreal, QC (Canada) to Newark, NJ (USA) with 28 passengers and 4 crew, was in the initial climb out of Montreal's runway 24L when the crew received a "STAB TRIM FAIL" indication, declared PAN PAN, stopped the climb at 5000 feet and returned to Montreal for a safe landing on runway 24R about 30 minutes after departure.
Incident: Jazz CRJ2 at Montreal on Feb 10th 2023, stab trim failure
good gravy, thanks for finding that

it does explain the loud "woo!" from one gentlemen behind me (which woke me up) but also why one couple near me was asking "what did they [crew] mean 'land while we still had control of the plane??'" which I'm sure would have been equally concerning to me if I were awake
Old Feb 20, 2023, 12:42 pm

Oh AC. So my flight was looking good for on time departure in 2+ hours, inbound was en route (and early by a few minutes), when AC decides to do an equipment swap for a different Q400 that is delayed by 1h10 due to weather (AND hasn't yet departed from YXT). So now my flight's delayed by 1h25 due to "weather".
Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:36 am

AP ticket: AC flight cancelled, partner flight (ANA) cancelled also - options?

Quick and dirty question on an Aeroplan ticket.

YYZ-ORD (AC) was cancelled, so AC cancelled my whole itin. ORD-NRT (NH) was cancelled with it. This flight is still running however.

When I called, they said even if revenue tickets exist on NH, there is no booking space for AP tickets and cannot book it This is for tomorrow.

Was the agent wrong in not pushing this through for me and get me back on the NH flight?

Ideally I'd get an earlier flight (today),on AC, then the NH flight tomorrow.

I was purposely going via ORD to fly on the ANA J product.

Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:54 am

Judging from the time of your post, you probably called AC instead of AP (they are two separate departments).
AC can’t rebook you because they only handle day of travel irrops. AC agent is partly correct in the sense that normally rebooking option on partner airlines need positive award space for Aeroplan tickets. But AP has a liaison department so that they can contact the partner airline to force open award space to rebook you. That said, the liaison approach usually applies only when the partner airline makes schedule changes or flight cancellations.
In your case tho, it seems that AC cancelled your NH leg due to the cancellation of 1st leg, so technically NH is not responsible for this cancellation and they may not choose to re-open the award space for you.
You would need to call Aeroplan to discuss rebooking options, and getting back NH flight will likely need a supervisor intervention.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:22 am

It was actually last night - and it was AP I spoke to... just a crusty person.

My friend also on AP ticket was rebooked (and upgraded from J to F!) My agent wouldnt budge.

On hold now as we speak to see what they can do (need the liaison group as you mentioned).

Appreciate your response!
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:28 am

The update is, they will get me in a rather full J.

My friend is lucky! But happy I'm back on nonetheless...
Old Feb 22, 2023, 9:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by dominick

My friend also on AP ticket was rebooked (and upgraded from J to F!) My agent wouldn't budge.
Damn - that is lucky! Did that flight in 2019 in F and it was amazing. Was only me, my wife and 2 others in the cabin.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: hahaha
What's everyone's experience with Air Canada's hotel contracts when they give you an overnight hotel room when it comes to status nights? I've had more AC-paid rates that were eligible for status nights than not, namely Renaissance YEG and Sheraton YUL. Usually I'd use travel insurance but yesterday night wasn't one of those nights
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:19 pm

Seat availabilty

Just looking for some experienced knowledge or advice.
Delayed in YYZ trying to get to YWG. Stuck here last night and they got us going out on Friday via YYC.
We are in J but I see on the app there are 4-5 seats showing open for direct to YWG Friday morning - I called and got through after 2 hours and the agent says, nope nothing available. I thought if they oversold it would show the seats full but why is it actually showing seats open? … or does that mean nothing. I was surprised to see anything open as I believe there has been 2 YWG flights cancelled.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Everything is full/overbooked in Y through end of day tomorrow.

Try to get confirmed, in J, on 269 today. If that fails, get on standby.

Then just keep trying standby for every other flight. Nothing else is J2 until 269 tomorrow. Though 271 today is J1.
Symmetre and kalderlake like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Open seats on the seat map are not the same as seats available for sale, unfortunately. The only way to see if there are seats available for sale is to try to book one (or more) or to use an ExpertFlyer subscription.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.