Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2023, 7:21 pm

Well, my negative experience I guess is nowhere near yours. I never have been and could not imagine sitting in the plane on the tarmac for 6 hours. I can only imagine people starting to lose their minds! ...and again no accountability whatsoever on the airlines part. No normal company would survive with these type of business practices. In saying that let me be the first to say, my next airline purchase will probably be with AC because there simply is no options.
At the same token, I clearly understand that events happen etc., but there has to be some sort of compensation for the customers and the problem is that there is not. It is made so inconvenient for the customer - send in an email and you will get a response in possibly 45 days? and it usually is the token response that is sent out to hundreds. The company I work for - a response for the most part MUST happen within 24 hours to the customer if requested. If it is just a comment then not needed, but must be signed off by senior management that it was read at the least. I need to review these each & every morning which means by the end of the day I either need to respond or it needs to be delegated with action.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Grumble grumble 859 tomorrow.

My cousin was rebooked to the next morning. I'm trying to fix this for her. Sigh.

Worst case she gets like £600 though.

Old Feb 26, 2023, 4:50 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Grumble grumble 859 tomorrow.

My cousin was rebooked to the next morning. I'm trying to fix this for her. Sigh.

Worst case she gets like £600 though.

We're on the same flight. The trip didn't start off well either - We flew to London on Wednesday night at 23:15, delayed to 01:00, delayed to 02:00 finally taking off at 3:45 after deicing. At least we didn't spend 7 hours on the tarmac like AC 90 (see above.) Don't mind an extra night in London and will also be filing for 2 x EUR600. Have the rules/currency changed since Brexit?
Old Feb 26, 2023, 5:18 pm

I'm not sure about the specific rules. But I'm trying very hard to get her on and earlier flight, without an overnight.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:36 am

It's now referred to as UK261, rules are essentially the same, compo is 520 GBP.

Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 February 2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding and of cancellation or long delay of flights, and repealing Regulation (EEC) No 295/91 (Text with EEA relevance) (legislation.gov.uk)
Tax Dude likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:42 am

I got my cousin rebooked on a BA flight leaving 55 minutes earlier than the scheduled flight, so no overnight required.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I got my cousin rebooked on a BA flight leaving 55 minutes earlier than the scheduled flight, so no overnight required.
Wow AC must be paying quite out of pocket money to do that. Good win for your cousin.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by JacFlyer
Wow AC must be paying quite out of pocket money to do that. Good win for your cousin.
The options presented online had things like LHR-EWR-YYZ (I was not sending her through EWR).

They're pretty good about booking onto OAL throughout cancellations.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 7:08 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Had this today at BOS->YUL->YYZ

Flight from BOS suppose to leave at 6:15, boarding starts at 6:03, get a text indicating a 15 min delay, yet still sitting at the gate with ppl boarding well into 6:45 ish. Didn't leave till 7am ish.

On a side note, AC's seems to missing meals on their flights due to broken oven's or lack of catering for said flight. Had this happen on back to back flights.

Not sure what other's experience has been lately. I know AC don't control ground crews, but some delays with ground crews seems to be bitting them as well. Just a datapoint, I noticed.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 8:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Very long delay for 103 on February 28th. The inbound aircraft was coming from DXB and was scheduled to arrive at 7:20. With 103 scheduled to depart at 8:00, how AC thinks that a 77W can be unloaded, groomed, and moved from an international gate to a domestic gate is quite frankly absurd. There was also snow which meant boarding was significantly delayed and we sat on the tarmac waiting to deice and depart. Departure ended up being 2 hours and 21 minutes late.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 10:01 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by kronos80
Had this today at BOS->YUL->YYZ

Flight from BOS suppose to leave at 6:15, boarding starts at 6:03, get a text indicating a 15 min delay, yet still sitting at the gate with ppl boarding well into 6:45 ish. Didn't leave till 7am ish.

On a side note, AC's seems to missing meals on their flights due to broken oven's or lack of catering for said flight. Had this happen on back to back flights.

Not sure what other's experience has been lately. I know AC don't control ground crews, but some delays with ground crews seems to be bitting them as well. Just a datapoint, I noticed.
I use to fly BOS -> YYZ on a weekly basis. I think about 95% of the time my flight was delayed (out of like 60 that year). It was so bad to the point where I don't even arrive to security until the original departure time cause I knew it would be delayed lol.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Very long delay for 103 on February 28th. The inbound aircraft was coming from DXB and was scheduled to arrive at 7:20. With 103 scheduled to depart at 8:00, how AC thinks that a 77W can be unloaded, groomed, and moved from an international gate to a domestic gate is quite frankly absurd. There was also snow which meant boarding was significantly delayed and we sat on the tarmac waiting to deice and depart. Departure ended up being 2 hours and 21 minutes late.
AC must be down a 77W this week.
AC57 arrived 40 minutes early Feb. 28. Probably the reason that fin was selected for AC103.

Today AC103 is well over 6 hours late. Waiting for the plane to arrive from FRA.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 10:58 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by tracon
Since you mention that, FNNU has been out of service since flying into a hail storm on approach to EZE on Nov 30th. It was sitting in YHM for a couple of months, and is now down at AFW.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 11:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
I use to fly BOS -> YYZ on a weekly basis. I think about 95% of the time my flight was delayed (out of like 60 that year). It was so bad to the point where I don't even arrive to security until the original departure time cause I knew it would be delayed lol.
I also fly BOS to YYZ a lot. I usually head directly to the United Club and only start moving to the gate after I saw the inbound flight landed and taxied in front of me to the terminal B.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 11:54 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by tracon
AC57 arrived 40 minutes early Feb. 28. Probably the reason that fin was selected for AC103.

Today AC103 is well over 6 hours late. Waiting for the plane to arrive from FRA.
Why do I have this sinking feeling that this summer is going to be a repeat of the 2022 nightmare?

Too many routes not enough planes, crew or ground staff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.