Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold Gifts / Threshold eUps (2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Threshold Gifts / Threshold eUps (2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:12 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by ywgckp
Is there a lag in how quickly this posts? Or do I have to get AC to fix this?
My second year posted at the same time as the email (Nov 13, 2023.) Did you happen to notice it at the time?
It looks like AC thought you didn't qualify for SE and used one of your banked years. Did you cross the $20K SQD late in the last couple of days of the year? In any event, I think you'll need to call.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 2:57 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
I should have two banked years of SE - 2022 and 2023. I received emails from AC on Nov 28 2022 and Nov 28 2023 congratulating me on qualifying, and I had > 250,000 SQM and >20,000 SQD both years.
But the app and the website both say I just have one banked year.
Is there a lag in how quickly this posts? Or do I have to get AC to fix this?
Thanks for posting this, went and checked my own.

Banked year (1), neither in app or web.
Called AP per Tax Dude suggestion, fellow escalated to manager, both confirmed it should be there. They said I should see it in three days, we shall see.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
OK, thanks everyone. It sounds like it should have posted right away but didn't. I will call Aeroplan tomorrow. But it's disappointing we have to keep track of these things on our own.
taupo likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Just got my 2023 $4k gift card.

We're getting to the point where my $AC balance is approaching my $US balance.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 9:53 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Just got my 2023 $4k gift card.
So, how long after earning the AC$4,000?

OK, thanks everyone. It sounds like it should have posted right away but didn't. I will call Aeroplan tomorrow. But it's disappointing we have to keep track of these things on our own.
End luck with AP on this?
Now five days since I called and nothing yet, will leave it another couple of days

Last edited by Adam Smith; Feb 9, 2024 at 2:22 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Feb 9, 2024, 9:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
I crossed the $350K SQM Nov 19, so took almost 12 weeks and a email to Concierge central command. I also got my Dec 30 miss priority reward as well today. Not sure if my email help, but happy I now have all the year stuff finished off.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by taupo
So, how long after earning the AC$4,000?
I don't think that's a relevant question, because it seemed like dozens of us received the $2k on the same day, and we have two reports of the $4k today already.

They seem to do it manually, in batches.
taupo and vancouver25k like this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:30 am

I don't think that's a relevant question, because it seemed like dozens of us received the $2k on the same day, and we have two reports of the $4k today already.

Make that three
Old Feb 9, 2024, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club

Kind of ironic that they do it this way as the proper accounting principle would require them to book the future liability on their balance sheet when you earn it and it's not relieved off of their balance sheet until it's used...they have no reason or benefit to delay the processing since the sooner you use/redeem the GC the sooner the liability gets unwound.

So, CS issues aside, there is a financial motivation for them to get better at this...odd Company this Air Canada...lol

If you're unhappy with the turnaround time write to the CFO, not Customer Service.
SPG_Fan and Wigg like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 8:47 am

End luck with AP on this?
Now five days since I called and nothing yet, will leave it another couple of days
No, nothing yet. But I didn't call until yesterday (busy week at work). When I spoke to the agent yesterday, she said the desk that handles these issues at AC was behind and dealing with requests sent in mid-January. So it might be a few weeks?
taupo likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:25 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Question on the $4k gift certificate - if I cancel & refund a reservation paid for using said certificate, are the funds restored back to the same cert with the original number & PIN, or is another certificate created for the refunded balance?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Far Siren
Question on the $4k gift certificate - if I cancel & refund a reservation paid for using said certificate, are the funds restored back to the same cert with the original number & PIN, or is another certificate created for the refunded balance?
It's the same one. There could be an issue if it had a zero balance for a long time, as they might close down the "account", but I have no idea how long that would take.
Far Siren likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:27 am

Thanks for posting this, went and checked my own.

Banked year (1), neither in app or web.
Called AP per Tax Dude suggestion, fellow escalated to manager, both confirmed it should be there. They said I should see it in three days, we shall see.
Banked year earned fall 2023 posted late last week.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:12 am

Banked year earned fall 2023 posted late last week.
I'm still waiting. I called them on February 10th. I'll give it another week and then try calling again.

I won't need it for the foreseeable future but I don't want it to get lost.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 1:12 pm

I'm still waiting. I called them on February 10th. I'll give it another week and then try calling again.

I won't need it for the foreseeable future but I don't want it to get lost.
My missing year banked about a week ago, showed up as rollover adhoc.

Edited to add on March 26th: Rolled over 250,000SQM's today and new banked year posted right away.

Consistent inconsistency

Last edited by taupo; Mar 26, 2024 at 9:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.