Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold Gifts / Threshold eUps (2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Threshold Gifts / Threshold eUps (2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:11 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I definitely did NOT buy a fully refundable AC ticket on my Aeroplan VIP card just to push my spending over $5K for the month so we could find out whether CC SQM would trigger the posting of threshold gifts/eUps or whether it requires an actual flight.

Of course, with CIBC's screwy accounting on the $5K spend SQM, there might only be a 50% chance I get the SQM anyway.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 11:14 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
The app and website shows different amounts of available eupgs.
LY the rollover eups were posted as 'rollover eupgs' of 50. Dont see a line item like that this year. I have eupg expire which should have rolled over. Combined with the discrepancy between the web and app, not sure what to expect anymore. Maybe clawback ?
My SQM rolled over and has a line item with the rollover amount.
The website does say that the data may be inaccurate till end of Jan so I guess we have 3 more days before we hopefully see some clarity.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I definitely did NOT buy a fully refundable AC ticket on my Aeroplan VIP card just to push my spending over $5K for the month so we could find out whether CC SQM would trigger the posting of threshold gifts/eUps or whether it requires an actual flight.

Of course, with CIBC's screwy accounting on the $5K spend SQM, there might only be a 50% chance I get the SQM anyway.
I can share a datapoint on that and am afraid it does not. I have the CIBC VIP card and spent over $15K on it in January - received 3K SQM & still no eup rollovers. My SQM rollover happened on the 18th and I had 2 paid J tickets earlier in the month and still nada...

CC
Old Jan 28, 2023, 6:35 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by vernonc
The app and website shows different amounts of available eupgs.
LY the rollover eups were posted as 'rollover eupgs' of 50. Dont see a line item like that this year. I have eupg expire which should have rolled over. Combined with the discrepancy between the web and app, not sure what to expect anymore.
The total in the app has always lagged reality. As does the total on the benefits overview page on the website, which is basically the same screen as on the app. If you go to the detaied eUp page, the total should match there, and that one is up to date.

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
I can share a datapoint on that and am afraid it does not. I have the CIBC VIP card and spent over $15K on it in January - received 3K SQM & still no eup rollovers. My SQM rollover happened on the 18th and I had 2 paid J tickets earlier in the month and still nada...
I didn't think that CC SQM would trigger the eUp rollover - the question was whether it would trigger the threshold eUps and threshold gifts that should have resulted from SQM rollover.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 7:03 pm

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2MM, bonvoy titanium lifetime, united silver
The total in the app has always lagged reality. As does the total on the benefits overview page on the website, which is basically the same screen as on the app. If you go to the detaied eUp page, the total should match there, and that one is up to date.

I didn't think that CC SQM would trigger the eUp rollover - the question was whether it would trigger the threshold eUps and threshold gifts that should have resulted from SQM rollover.
Hard to draw any meaningful conclusions on what triggers what in this IT circus. I received the credit card AP points mid month but to date no cc sqm and no rollover or threshold eups ... will be interesting to see what gets sorted by Feb 1 .... I'm taking the under 😂
Old Jan 29, 2023, 12:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K
I have had points deposited one day and then they disappear the next. Hopefully all will be solved soon.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 4:30 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP

Sorry - that is what I had meant to convey. Like many others, my SQM rollover happened without any issues, but my threshold eUps are still not deposited - despite my January VIP CC spend being credited on the 25th. I think what we can all agree on is the process here is somewhat of a farce.

CC
Old Jan 29, 2023, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
Sorry - that is what I had meant to convey. Like many others, my SQM rollover happened without any issues, but my threshold eUps are still not deposited - despite my January VIP CC spend being credited on the 25th. I think what we can all agree on is the process here is somewhat of a farce.
I think "somewhat of a farce" is an understatement of epic proportions.

But the CC SQM did in fact trigger the 150K threshold gift, so I'm guessing that it may also have triggered the threshold eUps, even if they haven't posted yet. I don't remember whether there's typically a lag on those (there certainly is on the FP select benefit eUps).
Captain Canuck and vernonc like this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I have 40 eupg posted as Threshold which I assume is because I hit 100K SQM in 2023 (rollover plus flights). Posted on 24 Jan.
My rollover eupg have not posted - at least nothing that I can see when I go to the Eupg credit history section.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 9:52 pm

My threshold eUps have posted at last! Statement closed on the 27th, SQM posted on the 28th, eUps posted sometime today. Maybe at midnight GMT on the 30th, but who knows. They weren't there this morning, but they could have posted 10 hours ago for all I know.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My threshold eUps have posted at last! Statement closed on the 27th, SQM posted on the 28th, eUps posted sometime today. Maybe at midnight GMT on the 30th, but who knows. They weren't there this morning, but they could have posted 10 hours ago for all I know.
I'm taking my first...gosh how to describe this... "revenue flight that I'm crediting to AC" (in 2023) tomorrow, so I hope that it triggers my 80 threshold eUps. It's a little scary having only 3.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 5:56 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm taking my first...gosh how to describe this... "revenue flight that I'm crediting to AC" (in 2023) tomorrow, so I hope that it triggers my 80 threshold eUps. It's a little scary having only 3.
Elon Musk is down to his last $150 billion, you're down to your last 3 eUpgrades—sometimes I hardly recognize the world anymore.
canadiancow and vancouver25k like this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
My e-ups have also now posted.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 7:07 am

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Are we seeing the same nonsense this year with needing a fight to cause threshold gifts/eUps to post? My rollover SQM posted last week, but no sign of any threshold gifts/eUps.
I got my threshold eups two days after crossing threshold automatically. No flight taken, although checked in to one this morning.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 7:55 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
My threshold eUPs also just posted. Now the only missing piece is the 50 rollover eUPs... and the multitude of SQD discrepancies to sort out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.