Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:10 pm

Transit in VHHH will be permitted again as of Friday. You think they'll close it down again?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Who knows. But while we're trying to appear smart and knowledgeable and confuse other members, I haven't been to 22.3080° N, 113.9185° E in a while.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Who knows. But while we're trying to appear smart and knowledgeable and confuse other members, I haven't been to 22.3080° N, 113.9185° E in a while.
The continuation is funny, but I don't think you got my joke.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by dr_torch
So just as a data point, I did get AC to re-ticket the following:

BKK - HKG - YVR (stop) - YOW with all AC segments now upgraded. There was a bit of pushback on the phone telling me I had already accepted the schedule change (which I had not) but after we got over that there was no issues making the change. I just picked a date where I could find positive R space and moved the flight into that.

The above schedule avoids the 6 hour economy class into NRT and gives me a stop in Vancouver on the way back.
How do you find R space from BKK to anywhere when there are no AC flights from BKK?

EDIT: Ah, I think I get it now. You are still in Y ex:BKK, you just have a shorter flight?

Last edited by RoninTech; Mar 30, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by RoninTech
How do you find R space from BKK to anywhere when there are no AC flights from BKK?

EDIT: Ah, I think I get it now. You are still in Y ex:BKK, you just have a shorter flight?
Yup - that's it. I found R space on the HKG - YVR leg.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Its 10,000 miles to do a Star Alliance upgrade to J on the BKK-NRT NH segment (booked in G) (maybe less using other than MileagePlus, maybe more). Pretty easy done online, waitlisted if not available.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Its 10,000 miles to do a Star Alliance upgrade to J on the BKK-NRT NH segment (booked in G) (maybe less using other than MileagePlus, maybe more). Pretty easy done online, waitlisted if not available.
Am I right that doesn't work if it is AC Y codeshare on NH metal?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mountainboy
Am I right that doesn't work if it is AC Y codeshare on NH metal?
No does not work on codeshares sorry
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
Same for me. booked online through a travel website. Could not get the website to eup properly so called AC this morning and they did it for me.
Originally Posted by dr_torch
I don't think the eUpgrade issues relate to the fare. I often have issues getting the website to apply my eUpgrades and have to call customer service.
How did you guys do that? My PNR shows no segments available for upgrade as well and when I called AC agents on 2 separate occasions they both said they saw the same thing and nothing they can do.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If anyone is looking to get to BKK, United is having a "sale" for 60k in J
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...k-mnl-scl.html
Captain Canuck likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
If anyone is looking to get to BKK, United is having a "sale" for 60k in J
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...k-mnl-scl.html
I guess this does not help me if I only have Aeroplan miles though?
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by kevflyer
How did you guys do that? My PNR shows no segments available for upgrade as well and when I called AC agents on 2 separate occasions they both said they saw the same thing and nothing they can do.
What flights do you have?

You can request an upgrade for AC operated segments and if there is positive R space it should be confirmed right away, otherwise you will be waitlisted.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:58 am

Upgrade on codeshare ticket

We bought 3 premium economy tickets from YVR to BKK in July. We didn’t know the second leg from NRT yo BKK is mixed cabin so we will be sitting in economy. I believe the second leg from Narita to Bangkok is AC codeshare flight operated by ANA. I can’t upgrade this trip on line. Is there anyway that we can get that second leg upgraded to premium or business using aeropoints ?? My son has special needs so I think it will be better to have more seating room,
Old May 4, 2022, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GCYL
We bought 3 premium economy tickets from YVR to BKK in July. We didn’t know the second leg from NRT yo BKK is mixed cabin so we will be sitting in economy. I believe the second leg from Narita to Bangkok is AC codeshare flight operated by ANA. I can’t upgrade this trip on line. Is there anyway that we can get that second leg upgraded to premium or business using aeropoints ?? My son has special needs so I think it will be better to have more seating room,
No.
Buy at the gate maybe.
Old May 10, 2022, 7:54 am

So it looks like AC flights have been cancelled from HKG - YVR for July now. I was booked on BKK-HKG-YVR-YOW on July 31st.

Now the only option seems to be a flight into NRT in Y for 6+ hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.