Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:19 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Please remember this is not the place to discuss entry requirements, COVID restrictions, etc. If you want to discuss or find information on requirements in Japan, Hong Kong, etc, please visit the relevant destination forum or the coronavirus forum.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by expert7700
AFAIK, stopovers WERE permitted.

Any change to the ticket at this point seems to require refare to the current selling price.

​​​​​​Trying to do a simple date change (keeping same flights and same latitude economy) +/- a couple days results in a +$4,000 CAD additional collect per person . Even though the ticket in question is < 24 hours after purchase.

Not unexpected with these deals.. But still a shame, since I just realized my Jan14th booking overlaps a different trip. The Jan14 booking will auto cancel in a couple hours unless anyone has any tips.
Well since they cancelled the HKG - YYZ segment I am now on BKK-HKG-YVR-YYZ-YOW except the YYZ-YOW segment is on the day BEFORE I land in YYZ. Do they provide a time machine to fix this issue?
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Any practical ways to upgrade the ANA/Thai/Cathay segments to business? All in my case are booked as codeshares - so I don't think SAUA are a viable option (I have lots of United miles - tried to see if that would work via the United website and got an error, as expected). It looks like all of the airlines offer some form of upgrade using miles, and I could transfer in miles from Marriott or US AmEx to ANA/Asia Miles/Thai, but it's hard to tell what availability is like.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ywgckp
Any practical ways to upgrade the ANA/Thai/Cathay segments to business? All in my case are booked as codeshares - so I don't think SAUA are a viable option (I have lots of United miles - tried to see if that would work via the United website and got an error, as expected). It looks like all of the airlines offer some form of upgrade using miles, and I could transfer in miles from Marriott or US AmEx to ANA/Asia Miles/Thai, but it's hard to tell what availability is like.
That's a question for the ANA, Thai, or Cathay forum. And no, SAUA won't work.
YOWgary likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
So I booked two persons on 1 PNR. If my 2nd can't go, can I cancel their portion only?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by WannabeSE
So I booked two persons on 1 PNR. If my 2nd can't go, can I cancel their portion only?
Yes. Call in to split the PNR then cancel the one you want to cancel.
folkart, WannabeSE and kalderlake like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Never stumbled upon and booked an AC deal / "mistake" fare before... chances they cancel on all of the people who bought?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Never stumbled upon and booked an AC deal / "mistake" fare before... chances they cancel on all of the people who bought?
Anyone have one coming up soon? Ours aren't until mid May.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:59 am

Any decent Y/PY one-way fares from YYZ-BKK to pair with this deal?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by traxtonus
You can get Standard fares for around $600 one way if upgrading on the way there isn't important.

I snagged a couple of reward J seats YYZ-ADD-BKK on Ethiopian for 52,500 points (105,000 less 50% discount) plus $100. As a bonus I get 16 hours between flights to check out Addis. Turning this into my very own micro RTW.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
You could buy miles under the current 100% promo and fly partner J for under $2,000.
traxtonus likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Consider AP - 100% promo to top off. I'm on IAD-AUH-BKK for 85K in J
Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:11 pm

You can ticket YOW - ORD - TYO - BKK with a stop in TYO for about $1600. ORD - TYO is on United. TYO-BKK is on ANA.

Problem is I am waiting to see if Japan opens up before July. Right now you can make a connection in Japan but it makes for a long day.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:18 am

So just as a data point, I did get AC to re-ticket the following:

BKK - HKG - YVR (stop) - YOW with all AC segments now upgraded. There was a bit of pushback on the phone telling me I had already accepted the schedule change (which I had not) but after we got over that there was no issues making the change. I just picked a date where I could find positive R space and moved the flight into that.

The above schedule avoids the 6 hour economy class into NRT and gives me a stop in Vancouver on the way back.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dr_torch
So just as a data point, I did get AC to re-ticket the following:

BKK - HKG - YVR (stop) - YOW with all AC segments now upgraded. There was a bit of pushback on the phone telling me I had already accepted the schedule change (which I had not) but after we got over that there was no issues making the change. I just picked a date where I could find positive R space and moved the flight into that.

The above schedule avoids the 6 hour economy class into NRT and gives me a stop in Vancouver on the way back.
I wouldn't bank on HKG being open for transit in July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.