Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Deal is dead. Pricing out to $5000+ now.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: AC SE
Can confirm as well - they just fixed it in the last few minutes as I was still seeing Flex and Comfort fares @$246
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: AC-SE, BV Titanium, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Same here, looks dead
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Waiting time.. do they cancel? 10% coupon for the inconvenience?

Ron.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
Can't reproduce the fare anymore.

Thankfully book now, think later.

Have three bookings in July for departures from BKK and HKT. Trying to figure out which one I will keep.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:29 am

* When the eUpgrade option is not available, it may be because the cabin is not offered on this flight, or because your fare is not eligible for upgrades.
thanks OP - made one booking through ICN. however, not seeing the option to e-upgrade to business on the AC segment, just premium economy... says "Not Available". is that because I don't have enough e-upgrades or its somehow blocked?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Had a look at the fare breakdown on the ticket I booked and this showed up :

Not sure what the private offer is, but I appreciate it

CC
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:52 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
HKG Transit

[Remember at the Moment you Can't even Transit in HKG due to COVID Regulations
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Or if you follow the general guidelines for this, DCTA.
For something i get offline or direct from anyone, or from a mistake-fare group, it's top secret.

Once something is several pages into a dedicated, public Flyertalk "hey everyone, check out this great fare!" thread, it's no longer covert.
​​​​
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
Had a look at the fare breakdown on the ticket I booked and this showed up :

Not sure what the private offer is, but I appreciate it

CC
I'm not too sure how Google Flights found it, but googling the promo code leads me here...

Want to replace a particular string with a null value - Ask TOM (oracle.com)
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:05 am
RY7

Originally Posted by YOWgary
For something i get offline or direct from anyone, or from a mistake-fare group, it's top secret.

Once something is several pages into a dedicated, public Flyertalk "hey everyone, check out this great fare!" thread, it's no longer covert.
​​​​
It is true, once a fare is published on FT, the airline might find out about it.
But they do not have a dedicated team searching for such fare 24/7.
By calling the airline, possibly getting forwarded to a supervisor, this attention goes straight to the supervisor/person responsible for fares.

If the fare is posted on FT and no one called the airline, this fare might be active for 12h to 24h until the airline finds out about it.
By not calling the airline, you are giving the rest of us some time to research and booking this fare.

I am sorry but calling the airline within 48h after the fare is published on FT, you are simply ruining someone's chance to book it.
silverferrari likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 10, 2022 at 2:52 pm Reason: Remove personal comment
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by RY7
It is true, once a fare is published on FT, the airline might find out about it.
But they do not have a dedicated team searching for such fare 24/7.
By calling the airline, possibly getting forwarded to a supervisor, this attention goes straight to the supervisor/person responsible for fares.

If the fare is posted on FT and no one called the airline, this fare might be active for 12h to 24h until the airline finds out about it.
By not calling the airline, you are giving the rest of us some time to research and booking this fare.

I am sorry but calling the airline within 48h after the fare is published on FT, you are simply ruining someone's chance to book it.

It is such a shame to find out someone with 4000 posts on FT has called the airline within 24h.
Lol yeah, I considered calling the airline but specifically didn't for this reason as well. Google flights showed BKK-YEG in PY but clicking through to AC redirected to a search page that only showed Y (latitude) or J pricing with no option to select PY - and as an A3*G I don't have eupgrades to use, so I'll actually be sitting in Y, whereas I could've called them and had them fare it as PY.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I don't want to be the source of anyone's unhappiness, for that I apologize.

Once we'd reached the point of having a group conversation about the best way to share these deals publicly in the main AC forum, it didn't even cross my mind that anyone was hoping it would stay secret for even an hour.

​​​​
​​​​​​
doctornature likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: hahaha
Originally Posted by WannabeSE
I'm not too sure how Google Flights found it, but googling the promo code leads me here...

Want to replace a particular string with a null value - Ask TOM (oracle.com)

Wow that's a fun read. Any ideas what this code was used previously for in 2019?

More interested in the second post, really, but it'll veer off-topic. If the reference to "downloads" truly was a file transfer limit (and not code for something else like BIS miles or whatever), what could they be rate limiting? And why for different tiers of members? Maybe reward searches under the old search engine?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:20 am
RY7

Originally Posted by pewpew
Lol yeah, I considered calling the airline but specifically didn't for this reason as well. Google flights showed BKK-YEG in PY but clicking through to AC redirected to a search page that only showed Y (latitude) or J pricing with no option to select PY - and as an A3*G I don't have eupgrades to use, so I'll actually be sitting in Y, whereas I could've called them and had them fare it as PY.
I understand your concern.
I want to highlight to share your struggles about this booking with us.
Flyertalk is a community, we're helping each other to book the best fare we all possibly want.
Booking PEY was indeed possible, if done from ITA Matrix and book on Priceline.
Next time feel free to ask us, share knowledge and be better than the airline
RoninTech likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.