Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Unlike departures ex-Tokyo, checkin agent and NH supervisor in BKK claimed they do not sell any day-of departure upgrades.

​​​​​​Despite screaming infant and depression from looking behind us in the Y cabin, we somehow survived 6hrs in NH Y today.... Service and catering was better than many AC narrowbody J flights.
rankourabu, SKYEG and Bohemian1 like this.

Last edited by expert7700; Jun 11, 2022 at 2:56 pm
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by kevflyer
Does this say it on the fare rules anywhere? AC noted my PNR saying PL needs to 'fix' my booking by re-issuing my ticket back in Y cabin.
It was in the original fare rules yes.
My bookings are Priceline and are in G on NH flight numbers. Upgraded with 10000 miles or at least waitlisted.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rankourabu
It was in the original fare rules yes.
My bookings are Priceline and are in G on NH flight numbers. Upgraded with 10000 miles or at least waitlisted.
Can you point me to where in the fare rules? I'm looking at my original fare rules and i can only find this:
CLASS OF SERVICE
THESE FARES APPLY FOR ECONOMY CLASS SERVICE.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you point me to where in the fare rules? I'm looking at my original fare rules and i can only find this:
CLASS OF SERVICE
THESE FARES APPLY FOR ECONOMY CLASS SERVICE.
Sorry, I dont have the fare rules, but I would think under Combinability?
These are the fare basis for one of my bookings, G for NH PY, O for AC PY, and Y for YUL-YYZ
GOWTJ
OAUE96PF
YAUJ86LT
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:22 pm

Sorry, I dont have the fare rules, but I would think under Combinability?
These are the fare basis for one of my bookings, G for NH PY, O for AC PY, and Y for YUL-YYZ
GOWTJ
OAUE96PF
YAUJ86LT
How do you see this info? It's not on my PL booking page
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do you see this info? It's not on my PL booking page
This is from cowtool.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:23 pm

This is from cowtool.
Got it umm mine only shows YAUJ86LT for all segments.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:13 am
Suspended

My direct YYZ-HKG for Dec/Jan got cancelled yesterday. Was rebooked through NRT on the BKK-YYZ fare with UG carried over. For the one way PY I had to SIN they booked me leaving a day earlier, 5 hour layover in YVR, 14 hour layover in HKG - but I did get to SIN on my original flight from HKG. Now also rebooked through NRT. Not thrilled about the longer segments in Y on TG and PY on SQ, but anyway.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by The Lev
This is still available - $1,140 in November.
And for $1082 via YUL/NRT.
Also YUL/NRT/SIN for $1148.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Forgive me, not good with understanding latitude fares. Are these ex-BKK fares ones that can be rebooked at historical prices? I'll have to change my itinerary, unfortunately
Old Jun 20, 2022, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
My direct YYZ-HKG for Dec/Jan got cancelled yesterday. Was rebooked through NRT on the BKK-YYZ fare with UG carried over.
Note that AC will start flying YVR-BKK on Dec 1... maybe you can ask to be put on that flight and then upgrade to J all the way.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Note that AC will start flying YVR-BKK on Dec 1... maybe you can ask to be put on that flight and then upgrade to J all the way.
Direct from YVR-BKK? Wow, after all these years of connections, that's awesome!

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked at the (dynamic) pricing: quarter million AE miles in J in either direction, 1-way. I'll stick with Eva Air J and an extra stop for 75K.

Last edited by RoninTech; Jun 20, 2022 at 12:55 pm
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
This is indeed a fortuitous addition for me. Checked my booking in December and saw there was a change. My reservation went from BKK-HKG (TG Y) - HKG-YYZ AC (upgraded to J) to HKG-YVR-YYZ (they completely dropped the BKK-HKG portion ???).

Called into AC today and agent was likewise confused on the "protection" the system allocated to me. She helped me change over to the new BKK-YVR direct flight, then onwards to YYZ. All segments transferred over to full Y on the new itinerary and received updated ticketing info by email.

The challenge now however is that neither she nor I was able to get the system to allow an upgrade on the BKK-YVR segment, even though the cabin is empty and it should be able to be confirmed instantly on Latitude Y fare. My assumption is that because these were just loaded into the system, that this functionality is not yet available ? I can upgrade the YVR-YYZ segment for 2 Eups just fine...

This routing is preferable for me as I am still chasing my MM, so the more AC metal the better.

CC​​​​​​​
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
The challenge now however is that neither she nor I was able to get the system to allow an upgrade on the BKK-YVR segment, even though the cabin is empty and it should be able to be confirmed instantly on Latitude Y fare. My assumption is that because these were just loaded into the system, that this functionality is not yet available ? I can upgrade the YVR-YYZ segment for 2 Eups just fine...

This routing is preferable for me as I am still chasing my MM, so the more AC metal the better.

CC
is there upgrade inventory available on the flight? It’s only instant if there’s inventory…but you should be able to waitlist.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP

The option to upgrade is not available at all - not even as a waitlist ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.