Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck

The option to upgrade is not available at all - not even as a waitlist ?
When's the flight? I had something like that recently for flights in late January, and I only had enough unexpired eUps for the short flight.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by canadiancow
When's the flight? I had something like that recently for flights in late January, and I only had enough unexpired eUps for the short flight.
It is for mid December (18th), so my still large cache of E-ups should work fine

CC
Old Jun 25, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
It is for mid December (18th), so my still large cache of E-ups should work fine

CC
Right now the availability is J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 R0 O9 E9 A9 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L0 K0 G0 F0 (with no seats in the J cabin shown as taken on the seat map) but you should of course still be able to get on the waitlist.
Captain Canuck likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:07 pm

Well my misconnecting BKK-HKG-YVR was rebooked to the non-stop with no notice. I just happened to check my booking today. It's not until 2023.

It was rebooked in T class.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:10 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Just had my TG BKK-NRT cancelled with no rebooking alternatives automatically. Will use this as an excuse to push to the new year with my +/- 30 day window.

Shame about the confirmed eUp, however.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:15 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Well my misconnecting BKK-HKG-YVR was rebooked to the non-stop with no notice. I just happened to check my booking today. It's not until 2023.

It was rebooked in T class.
Does it look like Latitude T?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Does it look like Latitude T?
In the sense that 99% of their systems only look at fare basis (YAUJ86LT), yes.

But it's HK now too, and I was hoping for an easy 30 day move. Now there's going to be an argument when I decide when I want to fly.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
In the sense that 99% of their systems only look at fare basis (YAUJ86LT), yes.

But it's HK now too, and I was hoping for an easy 30 day move. Now there's going to be an argument when I decide when I want to fly.
This appears to be the same IT issue I was talking about a month ago, when rebooking award-Lat tickets.

It's now been escalated to the appropriate people, but if you felt like sending me a bug report I'll send it along with my next one from this week's rebooking.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
My booking is now completely gone ? No longer shows under my bookings (on PC or APP), nor does it register using the Cow Tool. The 2 Eups for the YVR-YYZ leg were returned to my account yesterday, but no communication at all from AC on this.

Perhaps they are canceling these special discount economy fares and not planning on honouring them ?

Do we have any recourse here ?

CC
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
My booking is now completely gone

Perhaps they are canceling these special discount economy fares
Do you have any overlapping or near overlapping AC/aeroplan flight dates/times? That is a scenario that causes a cancel without notice
FWIW, all of mine are in tact, including one that just had a schedule change sent out yesterday for end of year
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
My booking is now completely gone ? No longer shows under my bookings (on PC or APP), nor does it register using the Cow Tool. The 2 Eups for the YVR-YYZ leg were returned to my account yesterday, but no communication at all from AC on this.

Perhaps they are canceling these special discount economy fares and not planning on honouring them ?

CC
My booking is still intact.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by expert7700
Do you have any overlapping or near overlapping AC/aeroplan flight dates/times? That is a scenario that causes a cancel without notice
FWIW, all of mine are in tact, including one that just had a schedule change sent out yesterday for end of year
No overlapping bookings, just an Aeroplan positioning flight on Dec 15th which arrives 2 days before my revenue ticket home ?

CC
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by expert7700
Mine are still intact as well - part way through travelling on one currently as well.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Rundosrun
Mine are still intact as well - part way through travelling on one currently as well.
Were you able to upgrade without any incident on your current run ? I am thinking the upgrade glitch on my BKK-YVR leg is what flagged it ?

CC
Old Jul 23, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Were you able to upgrade without any incident on your current run ? I am thinking the upgrade glitch on my BKK-YVR leg is what flagged it ?

CC
Yup

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.