Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] Cheap Latitude fares ex-BKK (March 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by keitherson
Incredible. Not only did you call the airline, but you asked for a supervisor and encouraged to HUCA.
Then magically the next day the fare got pulled. Correlation doesnt equal causation but this prob would have been active longer had a supervisor not been involved.

Esp since everyone else was able to book this via GC or an ITA.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm pretty sure when AC employees in EST got to work, refreshed FT, and saw this thread, it was getting pulled regardless. I know for a fact that AC employees were on FT for other reasons this morning.

There are various forums they monitor.

But don't call the airline.
zkzkz, RoninTech, D582 and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Then magically the next day the fare got pulled. Correlation doesnt equal causation but this prob would have been active longer had a supervisor not been involved.
Originally Posted by RY7
If the fare is posted on FT and no one called the airline, this fare might be active for 12h to 24h until the airline finds out about it.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm pretty sure when AC employees in EST got to work, refreshed FT, and saw this thread, it was getting pulled regardless. I know for a fact that AC employees were on FT for other reasons this morning. But don't call the airline.
If you think me calling at 1 AM is the only reason this got noticed this morning, I disagree, but I understand why you're pissed.

I saw the airline start to limit fare types that had been readily available half an hour earlier, and so I shared info I thought might be useful to get a few more bookings through before this inevitably got killed. I should have explained that better last night.

If you think I made a stupid call on this, then fair enough.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:55 am

YOW Gary I agree that the fare was indeed in the midst of being pulled. I booked 1 ticket via the AC site in Latitude at 10:36 pm PST and then went back to book more and could not get the AC site to respond. Moved to Google and checked dates, selected flights, and went to AC to book and it failed to execute. Then I went to Expedia flights and fares were there and I was able to confirm an additional 4 flights from 11:00 pm to 2:00 am PST using Expedia, why this route worked after the others failed I do not know but I can confirm that some time ~ 10:40 PST AC seemed to have started pulling this fare from the market.

As far as upgrades, I could not get my AC account to load on the website to execute the upgrades to Business. I could see the flights on my AC app on my phone but not on the AC website. I tried to book the upgrades on the AC phone App and it failed and I got an error message. When I went to bed at ~ 3:00 am PST the fare was still live on Expedia but was pulled by 7:00 am PST. I called AC customer support this morning after checking FT and confirming the fare was pulled and they completed the e-upgrades for my flights to business. I was kind of surprised the upgrades went through as I thought that I might be told that I was stuck with the economy seats and they would not upgrade the fare. I am hopeful that this is a sign that they intend to honour the fare.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ddaley
YOW Gary I agree that the fare was indeed in the midst of being pulled. I booked 1 ticket via the AC site in Latitude at 10:36 pm PST and then went back to book more and could not get the AC site to respond. Moved to Google and checked dates, selected flights, and went to AC to book and it failed to execute. Then I went to Expedia flights and fares were there and I was able to confirm an additional 4 flights from 11:00 pm to 2:00 am PST using Expedia, why this route worked after the others failed I do not know but I can confirm that some time ~ 10:40 PST AC seemed to have started pulling this fare from the market.

As far as upgrades, I could not get my AC account to load on the website to execute the upgrades to Business. I could see the flights on my AC app on my phone but not on the AC website. I tried to book the upgrades on the AC phone App and it failed and I got an error message. When I went to bed at ~ 3:00 am PST the fare was still live on Expedia but was pulled by 7:00 am PST. I called AC customer support this morning after checking FT and confirming the fare was pulled and they completed the e-upgrades for my flights to business. I was kind of surprised the upgrades went through as I thought that I might be told that I was stuck with the economy seats and they would not upgrade the fare. I am hopeful that this is a sign that they intend to honour the fare.
Same for me. booked online through a travel website. Could not get the website to eup properly so called AC this morning and they did it for me.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:01 pm

The fare was alive earlier this morning. Re upgrades, if booked through a TA site there can be a delay from booking to ticketing. You can't upgrade in that period.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
Same for me. booked online through a travel website. Could not get the website to eup properly so called AC this morning and they did it for me.
I don't think the eUpgrade issues relate to the fare. I often have issues getting the website to apply my eUpgrades and have to call customer service.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: hahaha
Hah glad to know I wasn't the only one staying up til 4am booking the heck out of this thing
expert7700 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Crap - the day I didn't pay any attention to FT. Hopefully this is the return of this happening every so often.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Crap - the day I didn't pay any attention to FT. Hopefully this is the return of this happening every so often.
Yeah - I just need a mistake fare to go from YOW - BKK now
Old Mar 10, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by dr_torch
Yeah - I just need a mistake SALE fare to go from YOW - BKK now
fixed that part for you.

Most people head to BK for lunch.
but FTers head to BKK for lunch to fly this whopper of a sale home​​​​

​​
dr_torch and RoninTech like this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 3:09 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RY7
If the fare is posted on FT and no one called the airline, this fare might be active for 12h to 24h until the airline finds out about it.
This fare was available for about 23 hours from when it was posted on FT to when it was first reported not to work. Relative to this 12-24 hour metric of yours, then, little to no damage was then caused by someone calling the airline.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
so it begins... email just received for my July 2022 flight.

ACTION REQUIRED: Your Air Canada flight has changed due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on aviation...
AC6134/AC16 BKK-HKG-YYZ changed to BKK-NRT, NRT-YYZ

Upon checking expertflyer, AC16 is now cancelled until August 2nd 2022.

Last edited by expert7700; Mar 10, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Old Mar 10, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by expert7700
so it begins... email just received

ACTION REQUIRED: Your Air Canada flight has changed due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on aviation...
July 2022 AC6134/AC16 BKK-HKG-YYZ changed to BKK-NRT, NRT-YYZ
Looks like the HKG-YYZ flight is being shelved till Sept 2nd - YVR is still running in the evening as an option...

CC
Old Mar 10, 2022, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by expert7700
so it begins... email just received for my July 2022 flight.

AC6134/AC16 BKK-HKG-YYZ changed to BKK-NRT, NRT-YYZ

Upon checking expertflyer, AC16 is now cancelled until August 2nd 2022.
So now you're stuck on a six hour codeshare in Y? I'd be taking that refund
Bohemian1 and reggiekush like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.