FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2067362-accelerate-your-way-status-2023-2022-promo-see-wiki-if-promo-not-posted.html)

painintheuk Feb 1, 2022 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by quinzinho (Post 33956271)
With "Primary Cardholders", do they mean Aeroplan members or a credit card holder? I don't understand why for offer A one would have to have an Aeroplan credit card?

Yes, they do mean primary. If Mrs. PITUK had a secondary card (she doesn't), she would not be able to count that as one of the 3 requirements. That doesn't make her ineligible, though. Not having status makes her ineligible. You don't have to have a premium card. That is just one of several options

Explore Feb 1, 2022 10:52 pm

Chase Card?

Does the Aeroplan card issued by Chase Bank in the US count as a valid credit card?

anishm Feb 2, 2022 12:01 am

This seems stackable with the “Elite Status qualification jumpstart for 2022” as well. Both of these promos will make me SE for the first time in 20 years as I’m in Europe every month Jan-April. These promos will keep me on AC for 2022/23.

User8181416 Feb 2, 2022 3:57 am

Can anyone recommend some good mileage runs to take advantage of this? Doesn't have to be just for the miles... I have some vacation time between now and the end of the promo I could weight towards trips with high SQM.

codfather Feb 2, 2022 5:46 am

Just tried to link my Uber account with Aeroplan to take advantage of Offer A and it wouldn't let me. I guess I will have to run out and buy something at Starbucks lol.

tbuff Feb 2, 2022 6:09 am

Originally Posted by User8181416 (Post 33956687)
Can anyone recommend some good mileage runs to take advantage of this? Doesn't have to be just for the miles... I have some vacation time between now and the end of the promo I could weight towards trips with high SQM.

This

quinzinho Feb 2, 2022 7:13 am

Originally Posted by painintheuk (Post 33956278)
Yes, they do mean primary. If Mrs. PITUK had a secondary card (she doesn't), she would not be able to count that as one of the 3 requirements. That doesn't make her ineligible, though. Not having status makes her ineligible. You don't have to have a premium card. That is just one of several options

Sorry still don't understand. I'm wondering if primary relates to a primary Aeroplan card/membership or a credit card..

YULRvR Feb 2, 2022 7:29 am

There's no such thing as a secondary Aeroplan card/account.
When you get a Aeroplan branded credit card, you are the primary card holder. You may, for a reduced rate, get a secondary card for a family member on your same account. Being a holder of this secondary card, would not get credit for being a cardholder for the purposes of this promo. Only you will get that.

willflyforfood Feb 2, 2022 7:39 am

Apologies

Originally Posted by TOR27 (Post 33954279)
Part 2: All Aeroplan Members can get 100% bonus SQM, SQS, and SQD on Air Canada-operated flights (including Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge) in Economy Standard fare or higher when members book with cash. (This applies for any travel between January 1 and April 30, 2022, regardless of when the reservation was made. No registration is required.)

Apologies for the seemingly naive question, but the T & C's page is hanging, and I have handled disputes for less - but my reading assumes that ANY fare higher than "Economy Standard", including all Premium Economy and all Business Class fares, should qualify?
Cheers

Adam Smith Feb 2, 2022 7:46 am

Originally Posted by User8181416 (Post 33956687)

Moderator note: Let's please try to keep this thread on topic to the promo and use the mileage run thread to discuss mileage runs.

illico Feb 2, 2022 8:00 am

Originally Posted by quinzinho (Post 33957063)
Sorry still don't understand. I'm wondering if primary relates to a primary Aeroplan card/membership or a credit card..

primary credit card holder

isi Feb 2, 2022 8:02 am

Thanks to this (Thanks AC! -- and all the other rollovers/promos) this is the first time I've requalified for SE in January.

cozysuite Feb 2, 2022 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Explore (Post 33956300)
Does the Aeroplan card issued by Chase Bank in the US count as a valid credit card?

Chase Aeroplan should be included :

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ification.html
  • Eligible Core or Premium Aeroplan credit cards include:
    • TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card,
    • TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card,
    • TD® Aeroplan® Visa* Business Card,
    • American Express®* Aeroplan® Reserve Card,
    • American Express®* Aeroplan® Card,
    • American Express®* Aeroplan® Business Reserve Card,
    • CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card,
    • CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card,
    • CIBC Aeroplan® Visa* Business Plus,
    • CIBC Aeroplan® Visa* Business,
    • Chase Aeroplan® Card.

24left Feb 2, 2022 8:27 am

Originally Posted by willflyforfood (Post 33957132)
......Apologies for the seemingly naive question, but the T & C's page is hanging, and I have handled disputes for less - but my reading assumes that ANY fare higher than "Economy Standard", including all Premium Economy and all Business Class fares, should qualify?
Cheers

While I'm sure many would think a link to an AC page would be all that is needed :D, I've found it helpful to have the actual original wording of a promo posted in screen shot form, as aside from tech issues, wording in the T&C can change as noted by AC.

This is the promo info available on Feb 1 2022 [within spoiler]:

quinzinho Feb 2, 2022 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by illico (Post 33957202)
primary credit card holder

Ok, so since I don't have an aeroplan credit card this promo is not applicable to me? I find it strange and disappointing.