FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2067362-accelerate-your-way-status-2023-2022-promo-see-wiki-if-promo-not-posted.html)

canadiancow Feb 1, 2022 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Tax Dude (Post 33955435)
The T&Cs imply 2500. I think their intent is to double the SQx you'd normally earn. Here's the fine print:
  • The number of Bonus SQM/SQS/SQD will depend on the fare option, booking class and distance travelled for each individual Eligible Scheduled Flight flown. Learn more about how to earn on Air Canada flights.

But how is that different? The 100% SE bonus will depend on the fare option, booking class, and distance travelled too. If you book domestic Standard, the 100% bonus is 25% of the distance. If you book Flex, it's 100%. If you book Latitude, it's 100%, not 125%.

If they wanted it to mean "double", they could say "double". But they said "100% bonus".

If you fly 1000 miles in Latitude, the base is 100%, and there's a 25% bonus, for a total of 1250. Based on existing Aeroplan bonuses, another 100% bonus would bring that to 225%, not 250%.

Duff76 Feb 1, 2022 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 33955522)
But how is that different? The 100% SE bonus will depend on the fare option, booking class, and distance travelled too. If you book domestic Standard, the 100% bonus is 25% of the distance. If you book Flex, it's 100%. If you book Latitude, it's 100%, not 125%.

If they wanted it to mean "double", they could say "double". But they said "100% bonus".

If you fly 1000 miles in Latitude, the base is 100%, and there's a 25% bonus, for a total of 1250. Based on existing Aeroplan bonuses, another 100% bonus would bring that to 225%, not 250%.

I don’t think it is clear, but they could have said “100% of base miles”, or something similar, if that is what they meant. I don’t think that is what is meant.

100% bonus can also be interpreted as 100% of what you received, including fare class.

canadiancow Feb 1, 2022 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Duff76 (Post 33955579)
I don’t think it is clear, but they could have said “100% of base miles”, or something similar, if that is what they meant. I don’t think that is what is meant.

100% bonus can also be interpreted as 100% of what you received, including fare class.

It can definitely be interpreted that way, but the elite bonus says:

Choose this Select Benefit and earn bonus Aeroplan points on eligible flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada Rouge, Copa Airlines and United.
So we have precedent for what a 100% bonus means.

I, too, would like it to mean "double". But I'm definitely assuming it's a 100% bonus on the base.

YXXFlyer Feb 1, 2022 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by kalderlake (Post 33955500)
Do limited flight passes earn SQS/SQD/SQM?

Eg. The ten credit BC Commuter.

I've never purchased one, and I can't find the answers on AC's site.

And if so, would those SQxs qualify for this promotion?

They do earn SQS/SQD/SQM. When you click through on the pass details it will say how much. The SQD varies depending on the airport taxes and thus will always be less than the purchase price per credit.
As to whether they qualify, the consensus seems to be "they should". I have not seen the bonus posted yet for travel done on Flex FP Jan 24/25. T&C say 6 weeks so may have to report back in quite a while.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...78baa0f37f.png

folkart Feb 1, 2022 5:14 pm

How about flight passes?

I would like to assume that the promotion would apply to my last and future flight pass flights. Anyone have clarity on that? It makes sense that Cash booking means any non reward booking but that's not really clear.

BlondeBomber Feb 1, 2022 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by folkart (Post 33955651)
I would like to assume that the promotion would apply to my last and future flight pass flights. Anyone have clarity on that? It makes sense that Cash booking means any non reward booking but that's not really clear.

I would think that based on past history:tu:, all non-unlimited flight passes would count. My unlimited flight passes have never counted for these promos but individual flights on all other flight passes have counted towards such promotions.

and reading the detailed terms:

"Economy Basic fares, Unlimited Flight Pass purchases, and Aeroplan flight rewards are not eligible for this Offer B, including Points + Cash reservations."

indicates to me that flight pass flights other than unlimited should be AOK.

"All Eligible Activities must be completed during the Offer Period, with the exception of linking of Starbucks® Rewards, Uber and Uber Eats accounts and opening/holding a Primary Eligible Core or Premium Aeroplan credit card, which may be completed prior to the Offer Period, provided that such Eligible Activities are maintained until the end of the Offer Period."

That was the easiest (and cheapest) $500 SQD and 5000 SQM I have ever earned!:D

Tax Dude Feb 1, 2022 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 3395559)

I, too, would like it to mean "double". But I'm definitely assuming it's a 100% bonus on the base.

I’m still predicting double, just seems more likely to be what they intended - we’ll know in 6-8 weeks!

Aselwyn Feb 1, 2022 5:45 pm

wow a promo i don't even need to do anything to complete for part 1 and part 2 think i will move a planned may trip into April and get the extra SQx while we are at it :)

24left Feb 1, 2022 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber (Post 33955705)
.....That was the easiest (and cheapest) $500 SQD and 5000 SQM I have ever earned!:D

Originally Posted by Aselwyn (Post 33955727)
wow a promo i don't even need to do anything to complete for part 1 and part 2 think i will move a planned may trip into April and get the extra SQx while we are at it :)

Love your enthusiasm. Especially during ❄️❄️❄️ season. :D

Flynn58 Feb 1, 2022 7:47 pm

One thing most people haven't noted here is that Offer 1 is only eligible to those who hold at least Aeroplan 25K status by the end of the offer period. Check the Terms and Conditions:

• Eligible Participants for Offer A are all Aeroplan Members in good standing who hold Aeroplan Elite Status (25K, 35K, 50K, 75K or Super Elite) at the end of the Offer Period.

So if you're like me and you thought you were about to get more SQM and SQD to get closer to 25K, it looks like we aren't eligible for Offer A.

painintheuk Feb 1, 2022 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Flynn58 (Post 33955992)
One thing most people haven't noted here is that Offer 1 is only eligible to those who hold at least Aeroplan 25K status by the end of the offer period. Check the Terms and Conditions:

So if you're like me and you thought you were about to get more SQM and SQD to get closer to 25K, it looks like we aren't eligible for Offer A.

I had my mother trying to link to her (non-existent) Starbucks account until I saw that. That said, if you fly 25+k between now and April, you would end up with 50k for the rest of the year and next!

Flynn58 Feb 1, 2022 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by painintheuk (Post 33956003)
That said, if you fly 25+k between now and April, you would end up with 50k for the rest of the year and next!

I don't think I can get enough vacation time in the next three months alone to fly 25k miles.

theranj Feb 1, 2022 9:01 pm

Wow...I was offline most of day and sitting in MLL catching up and saw this...I think this means roughly $2,850 SQD and an extra 20 SQS... this should easily get me to 75k status this year... very nice

24left Feb 1, 2022 10:09 pm

Speaking of 6-8 weeks....the wording in Offer A says:

"Upon completion of at least three (3) Eligible Activities, the 5,000 SQM, 5SQS and $500 SQD will be deposited in the Eligible Member’s account within 8 weeks following the end of the Offer Period."

I interpret that to mean within 8 weeks of April 30, 2022 at 23:59 EST, so possibly anytime before, or.....

Oh look, just as I'm writing this post, the "Accelerate your way to Status" email arrived. :D I also note that the points showing in the email is the amount before yesterday's shopping at the LCBO 🍷

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0bd4053110.png

quinzinho Feb 1, 2022 10:34 pm

In the T&Cs they state:
  • Only PRIMARY CARDHOLDERS or PRIMARY BUSINESS CARDHOLDERS of Eligible Core or Premium Aeroplan credit cards are eligible for this Offer A; Aeroplan account and Aeroplan credit card account must be open and in good standing through the end of the Offer Period to be considered Eligible Activities for this Offer A. Secondary cardholders are not considered eligible for this Offer A.
With "Primary Cardholders", do they mean Aeroplan members or a credit card holder? I don't understand why for offer A one would have to have an Aeroplan credit card?