FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2067362-accelerate-your-way-status-2023-2022-promo-see-wiki-if-promo-not-posted.html)

yyckerr Feb 2, 2022 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by quinzinho (Post 33958041)
Ok, so since I don't have an aeroplan credit card this promo is not applicable to me? I find it strange and disappointing.

Holding a premium credit card is only 1 qualifier out of 5 options, where you need 3 total. You still have 4 other ways to participate in this.

The clarity you seek is all above 👆

FlY2XS Feb 2, 2022 12:50 pm

Ok, so since I don't have an aeroplan credit card this promo is not applicable to me? I find it strange and disappointing.

Link Uber, Link Starbucks and buy a coffee.
I read the offer a couple of times because it seemed the slackest requirements for a good bonus I could remember.

24left Feb 2, 2022 1:03 pm

@quinzinho
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Did you read the AC promo offer in detail, did you read the OP with some details and the link to the promo itself, or post 59 with the screen shots of the promo details and T&C, or any of the recent posts just above? :)

canadiancow Feb 2, 2022 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 33958144)
@quinzinho
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Did you read the AC promo offer in detail, did you read the OP with some details and the link to the promo itself, or post 59 with the screen shots of the promo details and T&C, or any of the recent posts just above? :)

They literally quoted the T&C while asking the question.

The terms technically say you're not eligible for offer A unless you're a primary cardholder.

I suspect they mean just for the cardholder part.

But a strict reading of the terms say you need to be a primary cardholder for offer A.

shawneve Feb 2, 2022 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by FlY2XS (Post 33958112)
Many can't get the apps to play nicely. Worked for me on the desktop AE site no issues.

How did you do it on the website?
When I look, the instructions involve using your phone.

zorn Feb 2, 2022 2:27 pm

So that makes my RBC Avion J redemption to OGG worth over 30,000 EQM I guess.

With credit card spend that's E50K for another year and I should make the 60k threshold gift. And E35K for TLMZ to boot.

painintheuk Feb 2, 2022 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 33958153)

The terms technically say you're not eligible for offer A unless you're a primary cardholder.

But a strict reading of the terms say you need to be a primary cardholder for offer A.

Agreed. Primary cardholder plus 25k or more status (on last day of promo). This is just for Offer A. You can still take advantage of B and C without a card or status.

FlY2XS Feb 2, 2022 3:40 pm

I read ( and by read I mean the one pronounced REED) it the same as Cow did originally. Only Primary cardholders get that activity credit.
Otherwise, it should say be Primary Card holder and do 2 things. No?
Credit card is not listed in Eligible participants, just status.
Given it is tucked 2/3 down in continuity with what does or doesn't qualify for an activity rather than in the intro further underscores that to my understanding.

Originally Posted by shawneve (Post 33958213)
How did you do it on the website?
When I look, the instructions involve using your phone.

Apologies, I must be confabulating. I certainly started from the AE site, and did use my phone for 2 part authentication.
But nothing in browser history.
I was doing work and this on the side when I did it. I am sure I did everything for Starbucks on the desk and have the browser hx to prove it.
Plus I don't have the app on my phone.

newfbc Feb 2, 2022 4:18 pm

So I assume all of these bonus SQD will apply towards earning Priority rewards? If so, that's great!

Ron.

shawneve Feb 2, 2022 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by FlY2XS (Post 33958614)
Apologies, I must be confabulating. I certainly started from the AE site, and did use my phone for 2 part authentication.
But nothing in browser history.
I was doing work and this on the side when I did it. I am sure I did everything for Starbucks on the desk and have the browser hx to prove it.
Plus I don't have the app on my phone.

No worries.
When trying to link Uber on my phone using the instructions on the website I get a message that 'we're unable to link your account to this loyalty program right now' With a "Got it" button to acknowledge and that button doesn't even work.
Great app dev...
Oh well, I can meet the three requirements without it.

quinzinho Feb 2, 2022 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 33958153)

Yeah I just chanced it , did the uber and Starbucks account link and I'll make sure to have some activity on those accounts. Then I'll see what happens, but find it very strange that non-credit card holders would be ineligible to offer A.

cozysuite Feb 2, 2022 5:19 pm

Did anyone without Aeroplan Credit Card (as a primary member) receive this promotion email?

Without referring T&C, the email says as one of the ways "to get closer to Status with everyday purchases" :

Hold : your core or premium Aeroplan credit cardhttps://res.mail.aircanada.com/res/a...od3/spacer.gif

---- That implies you already have the credit card. Otherwise they would write "Open" and then "You may already be eligible for this offer." like Starbucks/Uber Link.

<Edited>
.....Sorry #59 shows another expression "Don't have one yet?..." in case you don't have it yet. So you maybe eligible as far as you receive this type of email even if you don't have the card.

24left Feb 2, 2022 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by cozysuite (Post 33958768)
Did anyone without Aeroplan Credit Card (as a primary member) receive this promotion email?

Without referring T&C, the email says as one of the ways "to get closer to Status with everyday purchases" :

Hold : your core or premium Aeroplan credit cardhttps://res.mail.aircanada.com/res/a...od3/spacer.gif

---- That implies you already have the credit card. Otherwise they would write "Open" and then "You may already be eligible for this offer." like Starbucks/Uber Link.

<Edited>
.....Sorry #59 shows another expression "Don't have one yet?..." in case you don't have it yet. So you maybe eligible as far as you receive this type of email even if you don't have the card.

The email is an invitation to participate. Right there in the T&C for Offer A are these exact words.

Open or hold a Primary Eligible Core or Premium Aeroplan credit card

quinzinho Feb 2, 2022 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 33958807)
The email is an invitation to participate. Right there in the T&C for Offer A are these exact words.

Open or hold a Primary Eligible Core or Premium Aeroplan credit card

Yes I saw that. The point is that further down it reads "Only PRIMARY CARDHOLDERS or PRIMARY BUSINESS CARDHOLDERS of Eligible Core or Premium Aeroplan credit cards are eligible for this Offer A" .
I guess it's poorly written and I just have to hope I'm lucky. I'll stop spamming this thread, my apologies.

frogoutofwater Feb 2, 2022 5:56 pm

Wow, I might actually reach 35K this year (first-time status at this level on AC - I've had similar or higher status on BA and United before). I've got 2 YYZ-YVR return flights booked in J before April 30, plus another YYZ-YVR PE/J flight coming up in June (not eligible for promo but will still count towards status for tye year). And I should qualify for the Option A promo as well (credit card, Uber link, Starbucks link).