Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:12 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by wrldtrav2013
Anyone get their 5/5/5 bonus yet?
While I know it’s an ongoing issue for some (many?) I believe lots, including myself, have.

I wonder if it’s a specific one of the criteria that is taking them longer to verify or if it’s just random? I got mine ages ago, but I did complete 4 of the 3 criteria (CC, Uber link, Starbucks link, earned through partners). Did those that are still waiting complete just the minimum 3? I wonder if it’s the partner earn that’s holding things up since I imagine the linked accounts and CC would be very quick to query.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:17 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
Originally Posted by wjw
While I know it’s an ongoing issue for some (many?) I believe lots, including myself, have.

I wonder if it’s a specific one of the criteria that is taking them longer to verify or if it’s just random? I got mine ages ago, but I did complete 4 of the 3 criteria (CC, Uber link, Starbucks link, earned through partners). Did those that are still waiting complete just the minimum 3? I wonder if it’s the partner earn that’s holding things up since I imagine the linked accounts and CC would be very quick to query.
i qualified using the same criteria
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:11 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by newfbc
I get excited everytime I see a new post in this thread. But.. nothing for me either.
Originally Posted by Bindy Johal
same here dude
If a number of members are feeling this way, perhaps those who have nothing new to report would consider not posting in order not to get their fellow members' hopes up.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:53 am

I got my 5-5-5 Bonus, but it didn't show up as recent. Even though it didn't get applied until recently, I had to scroll back back back through my activity to see it. The posted date was around the time I actually fulfilled the requirement.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Zhariak
I got my 5-5-5 Bonus, but it didn't show up as recent. Even though it didn't get applied until recently, I had to scroll back back back through my activity to see it. The posted date was around the time I actually fulfilled the requirement.
As have many others previously posted. The common posting date appears to be April 20.

Ron.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:34 pm
wjw

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If a number of members are feeling this way, perhaps those who have nothing new to report would consider not posting in order not to get their fellow members' hopes up.
Understand the feelings about not adding to the 5/5/5 question with no new info, but the thread isn’t specific to only that component of the promotion. There will be continued interest in how far along AC is on posting Euro double SQx so members can get a sense of when those might post.

It has been useful for me to know that June 5th flights appear to have posted, but not June 10th onwards. I think those waiting for this component to post will be interested in further data points and this thread seems to be the place.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
And if there weren't so many "me neither" posts, that data might still have been on the last page of the thread.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:44 pm
wjw

Originally Posted by canadiancow
And if there weren't so many "me neither" posts, that data might still have been on the last page of the thread.
Or, worse, those that already did get it and just didn’t scroll back far enough to see…
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:50 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by wjw
Understand the feelings about not adding to the 5/5/5 question with no new info, but the thread isn’t specific to only that component of the promotion.
But my comment was.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
(Like some, I will be maxing out everything this year - currently 330K SQM and will be 350K soon enough)
However, after a bit of thinking, I chose simply to play a team game, rather than individual, for all the various rollover/double-up/cc promotions

With some pride, therefore, I would like to announce that "Mrs Chriscol1" has just achieved Super Elite status, having only ever achieved 25K status for the first time in December 2021 (ok, ok, also mainly my doing).
She still does not really care much, but I do.
BlondeBomber, m.y, ffsim and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by chriscol1
My SO (and I) can relate to that!
chriscol1 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by chriscol1
(Like some, I will be maxing out everything this year - currently 330K SQM and will be 350K soon enough)
However, after a bit of thinking, I chose simply to play a team game, rather than individual, for all the various rollover/double-up/cc promotions

With some pride, therefore, I would like to announce that "Mrs Chriscol1" has just achieved Super Elite status, having only ever achieved 25K status for the first time in December 2021 (ok, ok, also mainly my doing).
MrsITAG (SE) says hello.
chriscol1 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Platinum
It may sound like a question from a month ago, but are there still people waiting for the COS bonus from February?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K (1st timer!)
Anyone have any DPs on how long the 100% bonus for flights to Europe is taking to post to accounts?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by lcfowler
Anyone have any DPs on how long the 100% bonus for flights to Europe is taking to post to accounts?
This thread is littered with data points...scroll up.
canadiancow and wjw like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.