Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition, 2019 edition, 2020 edition and 2021 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Adam Smith & tcook052
AC Forum Co-Moderators
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Can you imagine, though, first time again, playing with your own deck.?
Sigh........
Old Dec 8, 2022, 2:38 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Can you imagine, though, first time again, playing with your own deck.?
I know I will regret this, but that was part of the issue - my deck was sagging so much that play wasn't really an option.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I know I will regret this, but that was part of the issue - my deck was sagging so much that play wasn't really an option.
It's no good when your wood gets soft.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Day 8 is hurting me. Test data is OK, but even knowing the answer I can't see my mistake.
Day 9 and it was my turn to be frustrated. I essentially finished the code in <20 minutes ... but it took another 90 minutes of thought & debugging to get the correct answer. The test data worked just fine - but the "actual" data was generating the wrong result. Finally fixed, and I got both stars.

Spoiler

Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Is there a German word for when your last flight of the year, the one you needed to requalify your status, happens to be the 1 out of 100 that doesn't post automatically?
canadiancow and YOWgary like this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Is there a German word for when your last flight of the year, the one you needed to requalify your status, happens to be the 1 out of 100 that doesn't post automatically?
schadenfreude
Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:52 pm

Flugmeilenprogramm

Or, from chatGPT:

The name "Aeroplan" is a made-up word that combines the words "aero" (referring to the aviation industry) and "plan" (referring to the program's focus on travel planning and rewards). In German, the name of the program would likely be something like "Aeroplan" or "Flugmeilenprogramm von Air Canada".
eigenvector likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:52 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Dsfgenirlne.
pewpew and eigenvector like this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
speaking of ChatGPT
"The entire points & miles (blogger) gang is officially on notice"

is good stuff

Last edited by expert7700; Dec 9, 2022 at 8:45 pm
Old Dec 9, 2022, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
God kill me now.

The blogs were bad enough when people had to write new posts.
Bohemian1 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
God kill me now.

The blogs were bad enough when people had to write new posts.
"Do not worry, dear cow. While AI is certainly making strides in many areas, it is not yet at the point where it can dominate a forum such as Flyertalk. Flyertalk is a community of individuals who come together to share their experiences and discuss a wide range of topics. AI may be able to assist with some tasks on the forum, but it is not capable of dominating it. So there is no need to worry about AI taking over Flyertalk."

-- chatGPT
Old Dec 9, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
The hardest part about configuring AIs like this is getting the right driver to load for "Sycophant.dll"
Old Dec 10, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Day 10, got the right answer for pt1 pretty quickly, and cranked out pt2 in another 20 minutes. But somehow managed to break my Pt1 answer, and pt2 has... vhold issues. Either way, 2 stars.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Ugh I'm 5 days behind now.

All my spare coding has been going into a new feature on one of the lesser known cowtools (my beta testers might be able to find it), so I hope no one complains about my lack of FT coding 🤣
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 11:49 am

Two more stars for me today, too ... fun little puzzle, although it took me more time to understand the instructions than it did to write the code (I missed a key point regarding the sprite which confusled me)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.