Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition, 2019 edition, 2020 edition and 2021 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Adam Smith & tcook052
AC Forum Co-Moderators
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Happy belated St. Patrick's Day... oops.
I walked by a local business as the owner was hoisting a St Patrick's Day flag at 5:00 PM on the 17th......almost oops.

His wife was on CBC's Still Standing this week showing off her "To Die For" Muffins. They run a funeral home.
yyznomad and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:39 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Too lazy to make Friday after work cocktails so going to make it a problem for the professionals. What could possibly go wrong?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Happy Spring Equinox
Old Mar 20, 2022, 9:55 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Just back from a week in Ireland and had an absolute blast. Great place and crazy St Paddys celebrations. Temple bar area was nuts and almost impassable. Oh and no masks anywhere. Very thankful that we tested neg on our Antigen test after spending every evening in crowded pubs/restaurants, full tour buses, St Paddys parade, etc.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Bohemian1 and I had a nice breakfast together in YYT this morning!
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:49 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
codfather - thanks again for the last minute pico-Do!
Yhztraveller and codfather like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:31 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Too lazy to make Friday after work cocktails so going to make it a problem for the professionals. What could possibly go wrong?
The wife and I did the same. Not surprisingly for a bar in a Fairmont hotel, we felt it was overpriced and nothing special. Should have just gone to Smith Cocktail Lab

Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by codfather
Bohemian1 and I had a nice breakfast together in YYT this morning!
Did you have the eggs and cod-tongues??
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Dear Spotify playlist curators,

A song released in the early-1980s that appears on a "Best Of" album made in the late 1990s, does not belong in a "songs from the 1990s" type of playlist.
Oh, and a lot of your playlists suck.

Warmest Regards,

- yzznomad
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Did you have the eggs and cod-tongues??
I had Eggs Benedict and Bohemian1 had the Banana Bread French Toast. There were fish cakes on the menu as a side dish, but the thick cut bacon caught my eye instead.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Banana Bread French Toast.
I'm not a foodie, so excuse the food-ignorance... (not that one needs to be a foodie)

is this a local-type of item, or just something interesting on the menu?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:57 pm

I'm not a foodie, so excuse the food-ignorance... (not that one needs to be a foodie)

is this a local-type of item, or just something interesting on the menu?
Just something interesting on the menu, but it looked outstanding. I just decided to go with my classic option for when I go to a restaurant for breakfast or brunch.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just something interesting on the menu, but it looked outstanding. I just decided to go with my classic option for when I go to a restaurant for breakfast or brunch.
Everything you mentioned certainly sounded delicious. Far better than tasting AC Y earbuds.
smallmj likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Far better than tasting AC Y earbuds.
Well, I suppose that would depend on whether or not those earbuds were new or previously seasoned.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Croptop
Well, I suppose that would depend on whether or not those earbuds were new or previously seasoned.
No earwax bits or butt turd were evident, although I've never tasted earwax before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.