Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2024, 11:58 am

Programs: AC, BA, DL, AA, JL
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Are you entering anything into any fields that is not a letter, number, space, or dash? Looks like it could be a name, address, or phone validator?
I’m not, but one of the airports is in St. John’s, which has both a period/full stop and an apostrophe in its name. The name of that city is, of course, pre-populated by Air Canada’s booking engine and isn’t something that I can edit or change. Perhaps that’s responsible for this glitch.

Alternatively, Air Canada puts parenthesis around area codes in phone numbers. I can delete the phone number and see if that’s causing the booking engine to trip up.

Thank you very much for chiming in, Cow!
Old Jan 8, 2024, 12:02 pm

No joy, Cow.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 11:24 pm

Well this is a new one -- for me. I'm trying to make a change to a Latitude Award and there's a $0.40 extra to charge. I'm seeing "32399 - The card used has been declined. Please choose a different card". But I'm getting it for any card I try.

I'm actually really confused here. It's saying I'm due a refund of $34.75CAD and also owe $0.40CAD. I wonder if the web site is trying to charge -33.35 and getting an error.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:52 am

SGN-BKK-BAH-CDG-YUL-YYZ, Aeroplan 014 ticket, business class lowest the whole way.

TG was able to issue GF BPs and tag the bag to final destination, but could not issue AC BPs. No problem, can just AC OLCI, right?

AC OLCI does not allow check in for the AC segments, displaying only "Your trip starts with another airline. Please check in with the first airline of your journey. They will be able to check you into all your flights." This remains even a couple hours after the previous non-AC segments were flown. The only remaining segments are AC yet AC OLCI is not an option because the AC website and app think there are still preceding partner flights.

I took a look at AC's Manage My Booking and now understand the confusion. It seems Thai and Gulf Air now fly to, and within, Canada

If that's not strange enough, I managed to change seat on the YUL-YYZ via the otherwise broken OLCI, received an email confirmation of same ("You’ll be seated in Business Class, seat 1F on Air Canada flight AC429, departing from Montreal on Wednesday, January 10."), yet per reloading the OLCI page or cowtool, the change did not actually stick. Suffice it to say, something in the back end is very broken.

All hail AC IT.

(Very thankfully, the above is moot after finding a human in CDG and being proactively offerred a free change to the earlier CDG-YYZ direct, as yet another reminder that the most redeeming feature of AC is its people.)
YOWgary likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 7:10 pm

Password Change

A week or so I changed my AC password, thinking my PC may have had a virus aound the time I logged in. Luckily it turned out to be a false alarm after numerous scans.

After the password change the AC app on my mobile devices (Android phone & tablet) continued to work (showing my digital card, status tracker and e upgrade history), without requiring reauthenication (i.e. the new password). Since there are a lot if IT people on this forum, I assume this is definitely not a best practice? Its also alarming that if I ever lost one of my mobile devices a password change may not protect me.

TIA for any feedback.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've had this discussion at work. It's a tough call.

What if it's the bad actor doing the change. Should YOU be logged out?
Joeyjo likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:31 pm

Fair point and a perspective I hadn't considered. Logging me out may/should alert me that something is wrong, but by keeping me logged in I should notice anything wrong in either my bookings or account.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 11:12 am

In the end, I managed to make a reservation through the website, but it was unpaid, it was unticketed, and it wasn’t entirely obvious that the reservation had been secured. I had to call in and get the payment processed manually.

Yes, something is messed up with the code and if I were a gambling man, then I might put some money on it having to do with payments and how they’re (not) processed. This is all anecdotal, of course, but there might be an issue there.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
When looking at my "Activity", transactions are sorted with the most recent ones at the bottom of the window regardless of me selecting either the Date-ascending or Date-descending sort order.

My expectation is that this sort order would actually behave as described. Something is fubar here.

EDIT: I take that back, the sort order is just bonkers. Flight rewards just float to the top regardless:

I have this same issue. Flight rewards always on top, regardless of date. Only on the website...App displays properly.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 6:05 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Bonvoy Gold, Hotels.com Gold

What if it's the bad actor doing the change. Should YOU be logged out?
The answer is yes -- but a password change should require multi-factor authentication.
CdnFlier, Joeyjo and Wigg like this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 7:17 pm

Agreed. My preference is option to log out all devices when making a password change. That gives the user security when they’re doing a password change for a real security related reason. But is much more usable for the many cases where password reset is because they’ve forgotten the password and don’t actually want to relog in everywhere.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why do I only get an endless circling motion when trying to search Aeroplan awards?

I was at Aeroplan site after transferring 1K from Chase so to extend the account balance by another 18 months, to make sure the transfer going thru. It did.

Since I was at Aeroplan site, I decided to just do a few random searches... However, each search just produced endless circling motion of the search engine.

Routes to search
ZRH-MIA or FLL or YYZ or YUL,
YYZ-FLL.

Everyone of them just returned the red non-stopped circle!

Browser used was Firefox. No idea if this is the culprit. Or the time being Sunday evening is not a good time to find anything on Aeroplan?

This is kind of disturbing to say the least, that you have to find something on UA then call Aeroplan and hope the agents there could see it?
Old Jan 15, 2024, 5:23 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Several PNRs causing me to be logged out by the system

I have a couple of PNRs where the logo spins and then logs me out of the AC website. My other upcoming PNRs encounter no such issues.

Any ideas as to what may be happening? Plane swap, schedule change?

A dummy booking using the same flight numbers reveal no changes. I'll call it in when I have free time and update this post when I find out.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 6:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've seen a lot of PNRs like that in the past few days. Their backend is returning a 403.

Nothing wrong with the PNRs, just with the website.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Thanks; I asked the agent to send me a PDF of the itineraries, just in case. Everything appears to be in order and in the fare class at the time of booking, but one can't be too certain with AC.

I've seen a lot of PNRs like that in the past few days. Their backend is returning a 403.

Nothing wrong with the PNRs, just with the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.