Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2023, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Another day; another issue. Tried to add my mom as a nominee. Got the below. Had to call Aeroplan to get her added.

Old Jul 20, 2023, 1:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
flight.blocked.departure.text

Just looked at my itinerary online and i see this message on my phone ??
Old Jul 24, 2023, 8:41 am

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
Currency error

Multi-city (multi-continent) reward booking dropped all selected AC seats with single aircraft change (luckily partner seats appear to be intact). When trying to reselect, system is now asking for a seat selection fee (SE). In Euros. I'm sitting in Canada on my usual notebook with a plain vanilla connection (no VPN etc) with flights originating and ending in Canada. Same house, different computer, travel companion gets a charge quoted in Pounds.

Do I wait? Or call and see if AP asks for $30 for human assistance in applying the correct currency denomination? I'm actually wondering if our previously selected bulkhead seats for our TATL leg are still occupied by us when looking at EF (despite seats no longer showing on the My Booking page)...
Old Jul 24, 2023, 8:55 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by YSJ8ed
Multi-city (multi-continent) reward booking dropped all selected AC seats with single aircraft change (luckily partner seats appear to be intact). When trying to reselect, system is now asking for a seat selection fee (SE). In Euros. I'm sitting in Canada on my usual notebook with a plain vanilla connection (no VPN etc) with flights originating and ending in Canada. Same house, different computer, travel companion gets a charge quoted in Pounds.

Do I wait? Or call and see if AP asks for $30 for human assistance in applying the correct currency denomination? I'm actually wondering if our previously selected bulkhead seats for our TATL leg are still occupied by us when looking at EF (despite seats no longer showing on the My Booking page)...
I don't why AE would charge you a fee for confirming the booking or assigning seats. That fee is just for new bookings.

I'd call.
YSJ8ed likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
The status counters and points amount haven’t updated for flights posted yesterday. Seems more things are broken.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Am I the only one that has had issues the last 3 days with trying to book flights on desktop.
Do one search maybe 2 and after that the wheel of death keeps turning
Old Jul 31, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by traacs
Am I the only one that has had issues the last 3 days with trying to book flights on desktop.
Do one search maybe 2 and after that the wheel of death keeps turning
In the last week have had
  • points miles total show as zero, then return to the right number
  • reward booking not possible (after selecting seats, entering CC number etc) due to insufficient points in account (38,000 needed ~360,000 in account)
  • reward booking not possible (after selecting seats, entering CC number etc) because they could no longer price it as shown (jumped by 40,000 immediately)
  • SQD not credited correctly for new flights
  • SQD for Feb flights adjusted after already being corrected so now manually tracking double credit for some flights so I know the right number for when they take them away again
  • Booking via matrix link give an itinerary with incorrect flight times (itinerary is correct in cowtool and UA, but not AC.com)
Old Jul 31, 2023, 5:20 pm

Booked a flight earlier on AC's website for next April (reward booking), and confirmation email shows different flight times (about an hour earlier difference for every flight, same flight numbers as when I booked) and the AC app also shows the original flight times I booked when selecting on AC's website. Has anyone seen this before? or know what happened?
Old Jul 31, 2023, 5:27 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by avgeek9995
Booked a flight earlier on AC's website for next April (reward booking), and confirmation email shows different flight times (about an hour earlier difference for every flight, same flight numbers as when I booked) and the AC app also shows the original flight times I booked when selecting on AC's website. Has anyone seen this before? or know what happened?
Probably some daylight savings conversion bug, likely in the email.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 5:40 pm

Programs: Mileage plus
Hey folks,

tonight flight status is not working on the app. Hell of Air Canada, they re getting bad in all aspects. Not reliable….
Old Aug 1, 2023, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by avgeek9995
Yes. Has happened to me and this has been discussed here. Probably in this very same thread.

I have had a paid ticket for myself, reward for my wife, same flights, but showing different times, by one hour. Fixes itself eventually. Not sure how/why this happens, something between AC and amadeus? Seems to affect flights to Europe, possibly with LH legs.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Clicked the "Manage my booking" link in a booking email.

Old Aug 16, 2023, 3:24 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Can't book anything through the website right now. App works, but I want to use a PR.

Edit: Ugh. That was painful and time consuming but it finally didn't time out.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Aug 16, 2023 at 5:51 pm
Old Aug 20, 2023, 7:55 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
The My Bookings pages contains useless information
How hard would it be to put dates, departure point and destination on the cover?
With eight bookings, I do not remember the PNR for each flight, hard to remember one
Cas23 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 10:56 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Bonvoy Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by taupo
The My Bookings pages contains useless information
How hard would it be to put dates, departure point and destination on the cover?
​​​​​​
You mean like this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.