Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2023, 8:08 pm

For AP searches, I could have sworn you used to be able to move through the different day’s availability by tapping on a calendar bar at the top of page.

Now it looks as though the feature is only available for cash bookings. Does anybody know if this was a deliberate change or some kind of bug? Any idea when this started?

Presumably, a low fare corresponds with a low price for AC metal. But makes finding partner availability very challenging!
Old Jul 12, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: AC 75k
No idea if it is by design or the usual AC IT incompetence, but if you want to look at $ versus points, too bad. You get one points search, then everything bogs down. Clearing cache, history, different browser, or platform, none of them have helped me for months now.
Even the simple option of the day before or after are a non starter. Just delete and begin again. Zero excuse for this in 2023. Maybe they are all too busy making sure our SQx discrepencies are sorted by June. Wait ... is that now August?
If AC operation level was on the same tier as their IT interfaces, planes would be dropping from the skies daily.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 6:48 am

Working yesterday

Originally Posted by redhead_pt
For AP searches, I could have sworn you used to be able to move through the different day’s availability by tapping on a calendar bar at the top of page.

Now it looks as though the feature is only available for cash bookings. Does anybody know if this was a deliberate change or some kind of bug? Any idea when this started?

Presumably, a low fare corresponds with a low price for AC metal. But makes finding partner availability very challenging!
it worked for me yesterday still. I just wish they could have a fare calendar type view for points booking like they do for cash bookings
Old Jul 13, 2023, 8:59 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by warrens
Been having lots of trouble looking up flights today. About 50% of the time I can't progress past this first page. Anyone else seeing this?
Yes, I was seeing a lot of that last night, and continuing to see it this morning too. Managed to get through my booking with some browser switching and cookie clearing, but it was a slog.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 4:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
My Bookings on the Website

Did anyone notice that "My bookings" on the website no longer display your destinations and dates? Now just your PNR.

I have more than 30 PNRs in my bookings, and now it is pretty difficult for me to find out which booking relates to what trip. Also I am very stressed about missing a flight I forgot to cancel.

This is ridiculous. At least I can still see the date and destination on my mobile app (mobile app has a tons of other issues, though), although I am afraid this will be "optimized" out in the next update.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Changeup2000
Did anyone notice that "My bookings" on the website no longer display your destinations and dates? Now just your PNR.

I have more than 30 PNRs in my bookings, and now it is pretty difficult for me to find out which booking relates to what trip. Also I am very stressed about missing a flight I forgot to cancel.

This is ridiculous. At least I can still see the date and destination on my mobile app (mobile app has a tons of other issues, though), although I am afraid this will be "optimized" out in the next update.
Or pictures. But I suspect it's a bug, not by design.

But I have other issues. One Aeroplan booking that I cancelled still shows, but when I click on it, the thing goes back to the list and it tells me to request a refund. While the e-mail confirms the refund. This said, so far no sing of a refind on my amex. But the miles and the priority reward are back. On the app, the same reservation shows but only with the last leg (LH). Which also shows on LH,

(But them I also have a paid ticket that I cancelled when fee cancellation was offered, that still shows in the app but no longer on aircanada.com. No sign of a refund to my amex yet. And this was not supposed to go to the walelt, neither is it there.)
Old Jul 13, 2023, 11:04 pm

I just checked, my bookings still show destination, origin, and dates.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 1:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
3:36 AM EST - no ability to search for Aeroplan points tickets...log-in, search, get logged out, prompted to log-in again...tried this 3x, no-go.

Revenue tickets are searchable so appears to be limited to Aeroplan redemptions.

Pathetic. If I worked in IT at AC I'd wear a paper bag over my head.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 9:00 am

Could be middle of the night maintenance

Originally Posted by billdokes
3:36 AM EST - no ability to search for Aeroplan points tickets...log-in, search, get logged out, prompted to log-in again...tried this 3x, no-go.

Revenue tickets are searchable so appears to be limited to Aeroplan redemptions.

Pathetic. If I worked in IT at AC I'd wear a paper bag over my head.
mots still on them to put a banner to notify customers but often there is some admin or maintenance work on the site over night. It could just be affecting the code for rewards searching. Still a pain though and they should put a notice up
Old Jul 14, 2023, 9:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by OliP16
mots still on them to put a banner to notify customers but often there is some admin or maintenance work on the site over night. It could just be affecting the code for rewards searching. Still a pain though and they should put a notice up
Quite possibly, but it's not the middle of the night everywhere...AC runs a global 24/7 business but clearly doesn't have the systems to support it!

There are lots of ways to do 'maintenance' without affecting the live, production environment...and if it must, yes, the least they can do is put up a notice or re-direct you to a notice page.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: FB Gold Privilege
Here we go again:

We're sorry (no you're not)

An error occurred and we were not able to complete the process. Please try again.(Error code: [37181])
Interesting twist to this error. I called in and they suggested I try the app. Same error. Incognito same thing. The lady refused to book for free and started looking deeper into it.
She then stated saying that there is something wrong with my email. My email is [email protected] and the plus was glitching the system. After I removed the +aeroplan I completed the booking without issues. Their email validation is garbage.

Last edited by fjord; Jul 15, 2023 at 11:25 pm
Old Jul 14, 2023, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I just checked, my bookings still show destination, origin, and dates.
Indeed. These had disappeared for a while, but they have now fixed the bug.

They have also added buttons. Including "travel options." Although that does not seem to work for me. When you look, it tells you to call reservations.

Another one: suddenly yesterday I was suddenly unable to log on to aircanada.com using firefox. However Safari was still OK. I thught perhaps I had disabled ome more spyware (cookies). However today it is working again. Would not surprise me if the two problems would have been related.

Their web is way too (unecessarily) complicated for their own good. Usually favoring looks over functionality. Has been like that forever but they never seem to learn, reminds me of an old friend runnig a fancy edible stuff business, talking about his wife, "for her as long as the packaging looks nice, could be rotten inside."

Last edited by Stranger; Jul 14, 2023 at 10:33 am Reason: Added last paragraph.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC 75k
I spent most of an afternoon couple of days ago with the same points issues mentioned above. $$ bookings were fine. Completely bogged down with the never ending shark circle if you so much as glanced sideways under the points option.
Then after fighting through and going straight to the desired booking it just errored out repeatedly. Didn't look to be an issue of the price changing, as I could still find points fare when I looked for fun later.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Is it just not possible to change a paid flight online? I need to change the date on a transatlantic flight in a couple days but attempts to change it online result in zero flight options no matter the date or city pair selected. I even would be happy with a refund at this point, but despite multiple schedule changes since booking they want to charge me a cancelation fee.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 8:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by zymm
Is it just not possible to change a paid flight online? I need to change the date on a transatlantic flight in a couple days but attempts to change it online result in zero flight options no matter the date or city pair selected. I even would be happy with a refund at this point, but despite multiple schedule changes since booking they want to charge me a cancelation fee.
Did you accept the schedule change? If not, you will see in the website under your booking: "There has been a change to your booking and it is not possible to check in for your flight at this time." When you hit the "View your booking" button, you will see three options on the bottom: "Acknowledge changes", "Search for alternate flights" and "Cancel booking". You can choose the option suitable for you.

If you do not see the above, please let us know what you are seeing under your booking for us to identify the problem here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.