Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by tracon
....."Fixed" by the same organization that's having a "sale."

See, now I understand. They extended the sale and it broke other stuff.

Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:40 am

I sent in another webform mentioning that multi city wasn't working.
I didn't specify wether I was using points or cash. Cash is what I was trying to use.
I will send in another form specifying cash.
Got a reply this morning.

Thank you for contacting us regarding booking multi-city flights. I am happy to assist you with your request.

Multi-city reward bookings are not available online at this time, however, we look forward to introducing this option over the course of 2021.

In the meantime, please note that multi-city flight rewards may be booked by contacting the Aeroplan Contact Centre at 1-800-361-5373.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused, and we thank you for your understanding. We hope you will continue to be safe and healthy, allowing us a future opportunity of welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

Customer Relations
Old Jun 14, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
Anyone seen this one?

I booked some of those super cheap P fares a few weeks ago, and there was what the website is calling a Schedule Change, but was really just an aircraft swap (to a pair of surely beat to hell old 321s from the Max 8 and A220). The app and website both say there are changes, the website offers me the change to view and select alternate flights, but when I try to, I just get the spinny red airplane of doom, and the "unable to process at this time. Try again later." message

Is that because it's not actually a legit change, and the system is actually enforcing the rules? I mean, I guess I could just phone in and try to change, but thought I'd ask the crowd before waiting on hold for an hour. The "change" may also raise a few eyebrows, as I'm shooting for the moon and trying to get on widebody service.

I know I could just accept, and then do a same day airport change (P fare), but thought this would be easier if it worked.

Appreciate any suggestions...other than to not look a gift horse in the mouth, and fly my sub $500 transcon J fare in whatever crate AC tells me to... :-)
Old Jun 14, 2021, 4:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Were there any time changes at all?

That might be pushing it a bit if it's literally just a narrow-body to narrow-body, but:

1. You can certainly try
2. You'll likely have actual timing changes in the future, which would let you change
3. SDC is free on P fares within NA, so you can certainly just show up for an earlier wide-body (or before your flight, if the one you want is later) and do the free SDC. And that's assuming SDC in OLCI doesn't work for you (I suspect it will).
Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Aeroplan maintenance

Wow, finally after all these years, advance notice.

(this was on the app)

Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:00 pm

Has anyone had issues logging in using Firefox? I only ever get the spinning airplane. I can log in fine when I access the website using Opera.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:35 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by arf04
Has anyone had issues logging in using Firefox? I only ever get the spinning airplane. I can log in fine when I access the website using Opera.
Clear your cookies and disable any adblockers is the usual advice
Old Jun 25, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC-E50. Marriott Plat
sticking my toe back into air travel after 16 months... and just so frustrated with the website.
have tried three different browsers, firefox, Edge, chrome, keep getting kicked out when searching for aeroplan reward flights. Ready to scream.
I am not an expert on cookies, I am reluctant to clear all cookies since so many websites that I use regularly will need me to re-establish so much info.
I had never used Chrome before with Air Canada, so my info was not pre-loaded, I thought this might give me a fresh start but alas kicked out again. so very frustrated and I wish the people at the top of Air Canada knew how much they drive their customers to loathe them when they roll out a crap website like this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 6:52 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dirkster
I am not an expert on cookies, I am reluctant to clear all cookies since so many websites that I use regularly will need me to re-establish so much info.
Using private/incognito mode accomplishes basically the same thing, so if you're reluctant to clear cookies, you can try that. But if you had never accessed the AC website on a particular browser before, that shouldn't matter, since there wouldn't have been any AC cookies to worry about.

Sometimes the AC website just doesn't work. It sucks.

so very frustrated and I wish the people at the top of Air Canada knew how much they drive their customers to loathe them when they roll out a crap website like this.
AC is generally responsive to feedback submitted via the customer service web form. That doesn't go straight to the CEO, but if enough people voice their displeasure, the aggregate impact will eventually be noticed by people higher up the food chain.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:06 pm

Programs: AC-E50. Marriott Plat
thanks. Ironically it all worked well thru the app on my mobile phone. figures. I guess that is where they spend their energy. I did fill out the feedback form and explain my displeasure. booked three flights using aeroplan points via the app, fairly smooth process there. Too bad I wasted so much time trying to make the laptop browsers work. I guess old habits die hard. My wife says I'm old, all the cool kids use the apps on their phones.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by dirkster
sticking my toe back into air travel after 16 months... and just so frustrated with the website.
have tried three different browsers, firefox, Edge, chrome, keep getting kicked out when searching for aeroplan reward flights. Ready to scream.
I had never used Chrome before with Air Canada, so my info was not pre-loaded, I thought this might give me a fresh start but alas kicked out again. so very frustrated and I wish the people at the top of Air Canada knew how much they drive their customers to loathe them when they roll out a crap website like this.
This indispensible tool will at least let you search for flights, so you're prepared for when you can access AC's site:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...a-cowtool.html
Old Jun 27, 2021, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is Err-7?

Minor change in one of our bookings, one flight changed from 787 to an A330, hence now longer and departing ten minutes earlier. I got the e-mail, and the web sire offers the option of changing flights. However when trying to, after confirming the e-mail (good addition BTW), instead of offering alternate plans, there is an error:

We are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later. (err-7) RB_SEC_001
Any idea what the error -7 or 7 means?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:43 pm

"It is not possible to book with points right now, as we are not able to retrieve your points balance."
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Is the whole Flight Pass purchasing system down for everyone? They sent out an email about a new Coast-to-Coast Flight Pass but I haven't been able to see what it is....

I just get:

An error occurred while processing your request.Reference #97.ca2bf648.1625004920.776567c
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:18 pm

I'm also having about a 1 in 20 chance of being able to pull up a PNR (the other 19 times, it fails).

I'd assume "everything's down" right now. Check back later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.