Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
If you have general questions about how to earn SQM/SQS/SQD, please see the status qualification thread.

If you have received an incorrect amount of SQx/points, please see the thread on missing/incorrect flight activity.

Calculator for SQM, SQD, and Aeroplan points
SQM/SQD Cowculator and its source code

canadiancow's TODO list:
  • SAS Go Light fares
  • Basic economy on any airline other than AC (is it just need a fare basis that ends in GT?)
  • Ineligible codeshares, like EY-marketed, EY-operated, AC-ticketed

Adam Smith's TODO list:
  • Add earning for VA
  • Check earning rates for AC basic economy
Print Wikipost

Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:05 pm

Datapoint: YYZ-IAH 1279 SQM
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:09 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Earning for Gulf Air has been added.

I'm still going to do VA at some point, but given that it's a bit tricky and there aren't likely a lot of AC flyers on these days, it's not top priority.

Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
Datapoint: YYZ-IAH 1279 SQM
Thanks for sharing

It will take a while before we're able to build out as deep a database as we had before the switchover, but hopefully with the contributions of many FTers, we'll get it there.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Earning for Gulf Air has been added.

I'm still going to do VA at some point, but given that it's a bit tricky and there aren't likely a lot of AC flyers on these days, it's not top priority.
Maybe I'll take a stab at it somewhere between my HOA meeting and dinner.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
YZV-YUL 476
YUL-BRU 3447? PE, N, got 4309 SQM minus 862 COS bonus got 1724 the other way on a economy K 50% fare.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Aselwyn
YZV-YUL 476
YUL-BRU 3447? PE, N, got 4309 SQM minus 862 COS bonus got 1724 the other way on a economy K 50% fare.
Cool, thanks. And yes, that makes YUL-BRU 3447
Old Aug 26, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
YYJ-YYZ is 2091 miles.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 7:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
YVR–HKG (AC 7) just posted for me as 6373 SQM for a Flex M fare. Calculator shows 6382.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
YVR–HKG (AC 7) just posted for me as 6373 SQM for a Flex M fare. Calculator shows 6382.
Thanks

Unfortunately the trend has been fairly consistent that AC is awarding slightly fewer miles.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
LX LHR-ZRH earned me 245 in P
LX ZRH-BER earned me 202 in P

This matched what was expected, but we can't draw any conclusions because it's only 50%.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 12:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K
Hey all,

First off wanted to thank the creators of the calculator. Very much appreciated and suspect that this tool will become a very regular part of my travel planning.

I'm a regular flyer between YYZ-YVR and have been noticing that while flying in Economy Standard (either as Class K or T), I'm only being credited 519 SQM (25% of the total mileage) instead of the 1038 SQM as outputted in the calculator and the 50% that the Air Canada website list. However, when I'm flying Flex (Q) I'm actually being credited both the expected (from the AC website chart) and the calculator value of 2076 SQM. Have I misunderstood the mileage that I'm supposed to be credited or is this a fault with the calculator?

Economy Standard - Class T
Old Sep 1, 2021, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by mb4wong
I'm a regular flyer between YYZ-YVR and have been noticing that while flying in Economy Standard (either as Class K or T), I'm only being credited 519 SQM (25% of the total mileage) instead of the 1038 SQM as outputted in the calculator and the 50% that the Air Canada website list. However, when I'm flying Flex (Q) I'm actually being credited both the expected (from the AC website chart) and the calculator value of 2076 SQM. Have I misunderstood the mileage that I'm supposed to be credited or is this a fault with the calculator?
There's some recent discussion about this over in Missing / incorrect flight activity. I'm actually unclear myself whether the change to 50% accrual for Standard fares actually happened this year.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 1:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
There's some recent discussion about this over in Missing / incorrect flight activity. I'm actually unclear myself whether the change to 50% accrual for Standard fares actually happened this year.
Thanks. Got in contact with a Air Canada agent... 50% for standard that's not domestic. sad.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by mb4wong
Thanks. Got in contact with a Air Canada agent... 50% for standard that's not domestic. sad.
Yeah, that's the same earning rate as before. There was some indication that it would be standardized to 50% for all Standard fares in 2021, but it looks like that didn't happen.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Those of you who are flying around and perhaps earning SQM on 100% fares, please feel free to share your data points for us to add to the calculator. @streetcircusdan, we don't have the new distance for YEG-YVR. @HerpaYvr, you seem to be flying around a bunch, maybe you've gotten some new ones? @supatight80, you said you flew YVR-ICN recently...

( @TTC900Rocket is totally crushing it at this game for the time being )
Sorry, missed this! YEG-YVR is 753 at the moment on 150% fare so that's in line with what was posted earlier.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
DFW-DEN is 960 on the UA/AC codeshare.

Don't ask but UA>AA on that route.
Adam Smith likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.