Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by 24left
@capedreamer
But, but, but, they are also non-meat meals for those so inclined.....when multiple choice was available.

That said, I went sifting through my years of AC meals and I present you with AC Pasta on a Plane

[...]

There was also an era where the chef had an obsession with mushrooms and there was one pasta dish with a heavy cream sauce and multiple varieties, none of which were edible. lol. I couldn't find the photo.
I'm all for including a pasta dish for those who don't eat meat. It's an easy and cheap way to check off the vegetarian box.

But if it's the only main offered, that's lazy and disappointing IMHO.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
Agreed it's lazy and a major disappointment to anyone who doesn't like/eat pasta.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I'm all for including a pasta dish for those who don't eat meat. It's an easy and cheap way to check off the vegetarian box.

But if it's the only main offered, that's lazy and disappointing IMHO.
I find it a little ironic that you're completely in favor of an easy and cheap solution to a problem ... as long as you're not impacted by it.

I like good pasta. I like good vegetarian meals. But if it's going to be bad either way, I'd rather have meat. Or at least a choice.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I like good vegetarian meals. But if it's going to be bad either way, I'd rather have meat. Or at least a choice.
I actually agree with this statement wholeheartedly, so not sure what’s ironic about my statement.

In my ideal world, I’d like AC to offer a choice of a high quality meat dish and a high quality vegetarian dish on every flight over a certain length. I’d like that vegetarian dish to not be pasta, but if it has to be, fine. I certainly wouldn’t summarize my position as “completely in favour”. But only offering a crappy pasta dish with no choice is really disappointing.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by capedreamer
In my ideal world, I’d like AC to offer a choice of a high quality meat dish and a high quality vegetarian dish on every flight over a certain length. I’d like that vegetarian dish to not be pasta, but if it has to be, fine. I certainly wouldn’t summarize my position as “completely in favour”. But only offering a crappy pasta dish with no choice is really disappointing.
I'm assuming (not having flown it personally), that you'll get a decent veg meal flying to/from DEL and BOM.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 10:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
Service on YOW-YYZ on the A220 and YYZ-YYC on the 789 today. The snack offering on the first leg consisted of a Greek salad and a bit of hummus with crackers and a bag of roasted almonds. Not bad for a 45-min flight. We were lucky enough to be parked next to C-GNBN, the only A220 in the Trans Canada Airlines livery. For the second leg, main was the spinach and cheese ravioli. As someone mentioned here before, the cold bread doubled as a blunt object. The Nanaimo bar was a bit too sweet for me so I couldn’t finish my wife’s. The snack was a bag of chips and some Lindt dark chocolate.

Old Jul 17, 2021, 12:28 am

YVR-SFO a week ago, on a CRJ-900. I was surprised by the glass and flatware (still plastic cutlery and paper napkins though). It has been half a year since my last flight, but on TATL J, meals were served boxed.

Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
for what its worth, was told Aug 3rd was the date for the return of milk/cream
Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Like, real milk? Or a Coffeemate pod?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by lcohen999
It was never so much about the lack of creamers for coffee and tea in J. It was the excuse about pandemic and touching pax and all that nonsense. No one was touching anyone. Somehow, the crew could manage to offer pax coffee, soda, juice, bubbles and the meals.

The bags of "They're just for the Crew" creamers were prominently visible in the galley, and early on, the SDs would apologize. On all of my flights in June, they just shrugged.

I made an issue out of it on this forum because it makes AC look silly. As we know, other airlines offered proper meal service all through the Now Times.

But hey no worries, I found a "supplier" or two and I can B.M.O.Cs if the mood strikes me.

P.S. I borrowed these from the awesome WS Elevation lounge..... where as some of you saw in my post, they seemed to be able to offer meals with proper cutlery, food served on plates and in really nice bowls, and coffee in mugs... while the MLLs......

Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by yyztozag
Like, real milk? Or a Coffeemate pod?
Straight from the cow
Old Jul 27, 2021, 5:19 am

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
Was in signature class today (YOW-YVR) and can confirm that this was the case. There was even an additional anti-septic wipe in the bag for your further sterilization pleasure.
Are mixed drinks back yet? Rumour was the end of July..... which is fast approaching
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by bcard519
Are mixed drinks back yet? Rumour was the end of July..... which is fast approaching
I don't believe there was yesterday on my flight out to YVR...however was too early for a drink (for me)

I'll check tonight on the return and try to reply
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by bcard519
No and still no milk.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
NO mixed drinks, no ice , sanitized sealed headphones were provided (last thursday Jul 22)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.