Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2023, 2:42 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
This:

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Of course, if eUps were just valid 12 months from earning, we wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Of course, if eUps were just valid 12 months from earning, we wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense.
The Chase waitlist and small business program eUps prove that they can absolutely do this, and it's just a decision on their part.

If I were AC, I'd make the status core and select eUps valid for the current benefit year (so selecting late would have no advantage), and then all other eUps, including thresholds, valid for exactly 1 year from date of earning.

But this issue has been raised for as long as I've been on FT, so I don't see it changing. Though maybe I'll raise it next time I talk to someone in person. I think my approach eliminates the gaming*, and is still very fair to everyone involved.

*Other than leaving your Aeroplan number off flights and retro-crediting later, but that's also much less of a deal with this approach, since there's no hard deadline for an extra year of validity
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Meanwhile, my DL rollover MQM showed up sometime between about 10AM on January 1 and 10AM on January 2 (Mountain time).
I would be fascinated to know what it is about AC's systems that make this take four to six extra weeks.

Preach, brother!
Old Jan 18, 2023, 4:09 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWgary
I would be fascinated to know what it is about AC's systems that make this take four to six extra weeks.
Sometimes the punchcards get creased, and that can really gum up the machine.
mountainboy likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
You would think that this issue would be a priority as it has impact on many travelers.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by canopus27
My dad has years of FORTRAN experience, and is available for consulting...
painintheuk and canopus27 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 5:42 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by YOWgary
My dad has years of FORTRAN experience, and is available for consulting...
canopus27 is your dad? That is so cool!
canopus27 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:51 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
canopus27 is your dad? That is so cool!
I was about to say ... I have Fortran experience!
Old Jan 18, 2023, 8:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Last year, the eUps rolled over 2(?) days after the old ones expired, so I have a bit of hope for it happening by end of week.
From 2022:

Jan 24 - eUps from Threshold deposited based on SQM rollover
Jan 27 - Rollover eUps deposited from unused eUps

If 2022 is anything to go by, I would expect to see some eUps being deposited before the end of January.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 9:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I expired over 170 eUps a few days ago.
. . .
I can empathize but at least I have 70 eupgrades sitting in my account (50 more to come from rollover).

I expired 164 on the 16th of January. Nothing new here--flying one class (or some say classless) planes or buying business class. Only used a few upgrades last year. This year might be different.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:46 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Originally Posted by canopus27
That is the reason for the delay. Some forward thinking IT exec has hired interns to colour the card with an HB pencil instead, so they don't get creased! Much more reliable.
I can remember the dilemma of waiting in line for half an hour to get to the punch machine versus just colouring with a pencil when a Fortran assignment was due and you had to wait in another line to test your code on the 1130.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 2:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Rollover now appearing

Just checked my account and the rollover SQM are there. No threshold bonuses yet but it seems they have steamed out the creases in the punch cards

HometoYYZ and Preo like this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Yep. Rollover SQM are in for me, as are threshold points earned by those rollovers.

Threshold eUps are "checked off" on the list of thresholds, but haven't posted yet. And rollover eUps have yet to show up, of course.

Now if only some of my 2023 flights (aside from one TG segment) would post, I'd have an almost-accurate picture of where I'm at.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 6:59 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
Yep. Rollover SQM are in for me, as are threshold points earned by those rollovers.

Threshold eUps are "checked off" on the list of thresholds, but haven't posted yet. And rollover eUps have yet to show up, of course.
Same for me.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 7:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
It is listed as adhoc activity and no specific amount is posted. Like a makeshift effort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.