Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Have they added anything to replace them?

No, they had Snickers and one or two other things. Maybe Aero was one of them? Been a few weeks since I was last there, so it's all fading.
No replacemtent that I was aware of or cared for
Mars and Aero were two I used to get
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Here's a first for me... I just made my first alcohol request (double of JW Black) and the staff member/server said that she's only serving me this and I'm not having anymore after this.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
No replacemtent that I was aware of or cared for
Mars and Aero were two I used to get
Hmm, you may be right about the Mars rather than Snickers.

Here's a first for me... I just made my first alcohol request (double of JW Black) and the staff member/server said that she's only serving me this and I'm not having anymore after this.
What?!?
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm, you may be right about the Mars rather than Snickers.

What?!?
Yeah it's weird. She's been manning the serve area the last while and the only thing I got was a chamomile tea from her.
prior to that I ordered a bunch of hot food and got a green tea.
this was the only drink order I was going to make here, but now I kinda want to ask for another... but I've decided it's not worth it to make a fuss. I dont recognize her and think she's new. I'm assuming she's just doing her job and is erring on the side of caution.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Yeah it's weird. She's been manning the serve area the last while and the only thing I got was a chamomile tea from her.
prior to that I ordered a bunch of hot food and got a green tea.
this was the only drink order I was going to make here, but now I kinda want to ask for another... but I've decided it's not worth it to make a fuss. I dont recognize her and think she's new. I'm assuming she's just doing her job and is erring on the side of caution.
You absolutely should make a fuss. One double is not acceptable.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You absolutely should make a fuss. One double is not acceptable.
i get you, but I'm not you.
Perhaps I should, but is it worth the trouble for me? Probably not. Might be for you.

(But like I said, this was my only planned drink order for the night anyway)
painintheuk and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:32 pm

i get you, but I'm not you.
Perhaps I should, but is it worth the trouble for me? Probably not. Might be for you.

(But like I said, this was my only planned drink order for the night anyway)
Not worth it for you? I've seen you consume like eight triples and still be completely coherent. I feel like if any of us is going to be impacted by this in the longer term, it's not the guy who rarely drinks any of the dreck available in the MLL
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not worth it for you? I've seen you consume like eight triples and still be completely coherent. I feel like if any of us is going to be impacted by this in the longer term, it's not the guy who rarely drinks any of the dreck available in the MLL
my way to let it out was to simply post it here... in the grand scheme of things, this is a one-off.
I'll say this - if this happens again in a future visit, then I might raise it.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:41 pm

my way to let it out was to simply post it here... in the grand scheme of things, this is a one-off.
I'll say this - if this happens again in a future visit, then I might raise it.
Just remember that the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:53 pm

Exactly. I'm a big fan of the dreck, and am not a fan of not having self-pour - especially with a limit of 1 tiny double!

That said, I'll add to my list - no drinking games with yyznomad .
Dr PITUK
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by painintheuk
Exactly. I'm a big fan of the dreck, and am not a fan of not having self-pour - especially with a limit of 1 tiny double!
Hopefully once things normalize, we'll go back to self-pour. It's so much more pleasant.

That said, I'll add to my list - no drinking games with yyznomad
I don't know whether his powers extend beyond JW Black - if you get him drinking something else, maybe you'll have better luck
painintheuk and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just remember that the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
I assure you that I do speak up against evils such as racism.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:04 pm

I assure you that I do speak up against evils such as racism.
Was racism why you could only get one double?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was racism why you could only get one double?
lol no
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:09 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
That is simply brilliant! Especially given the quote in question was originally delivered during a sermon about the evils of alcohol.

Well played Sir!
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.