Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Average. There wasn't enough mushrooms, and of what there was, they were very thin, small slices. Like as if the chef had a quota ceiling and spent all night slicing them paper thin.

"Rice bowl with mushrooms"
Sounds similar to the ginger beef bowl at the YYZ MLL. Very thin beef strips and WAY too much bland rice. Then again these are suppose to be "hot snacks" instead of hot meals.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
YYC MLL is absolutely dead at the moment.

The to-go bags are pre-made and sealed with tape, so if you want two wraps and no potato salad, for instance, it can be a challenge.

Disappointing that there's zero choice in terms of main, given that tuna salad is pretty polarizing.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:26 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith

The to-go bags are pre-made and sealed with tape, so if you want two wraps and no potato salad, for instance, it can be a challenge.

Disappointing that there's zero choice in terms of main, given that tuna salad is pretty polarizing.
That's definitely a change from Sunday when I was there. I was given a choice of what I want and could even get doubles/triples of whatever item. Are they still giving out the Village Ice Cream? I asked and got 2 to eat within the terminal...
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:31 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
That's definitely a change from Sunday when I was there. I was given a choice of what I want and could even get doubles/triples of whatever item.
They did ultimately make me a custom bag, but he had to go searching around in the kitchen for the stuff.

Are they still giving out the Village Ice Cream? I asked and got 2 to eat within the terminal...
I didn't ask. The cart is still there, but I just assumed they didn't have it anymore since it wasn't listed anywhere, and I didn't really feel like ice cream right now anyway.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

A good way to waste I guess. So you just dump the potato salad, or give it to a brick-inspecting CATSA employee.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:38 pm

A good way to waste I guess. So you just dump the potato salad, or give it to a brick-inspecting CATSA employee.
Tuna salad is disgusting. And I'm allergic to fish. So I actually got a bag with just potato salad and cookies. Just need enough to tide me over to the YVR MLL.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Tuna salad is disgusting. And I'm allergic to fish. So I actually got a bag with just potato salad and cookies. Just need enough to tide me over to the YVR MLL.
That makes sense. Annoying to have to do that every time if your stay is longer.
So did they have lots of signage making a big deal of eating outside and the only thing you can do in the MLL is breathe?
Can you even lay a tight coil in the MLL (lav)?
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:42 pm

So did they have lots of signage making a big deal of eating outside and the only thing you can do in the MLL is breathe?
There's a sign in a pedastal outside the lounge mentioning the restrictions, and the staff at the desk also mentioned it to someone as they were coming in.

The menu at the food area also mentions that they're to-go.

Can you even lay a tight coil in the MLL (lav)?
It didn't look like the lavs were closed.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a sign in a pedastal outside the lounge mentioning the restrictions, and the staff at the desk also mentioned it to someone as they were coming in.

The menu at the food area also mentions that they're to-go.
I see.

It didn't look like the lavs were closed.
I would've laid a tight one. Maybe leave the stall door open to stink up the main lav area a bit.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:58 pm

You'll definitely have a "kick" out of those breakfast nachos. The oatmeal isn't bad. French toast is very sad...The cold "to go" items at breakfast are decent. Overnight oats along with yogurt and granola.
Well, I booked the breakfast flight for Monday. Last time I chose the chia cereal to go and actually quite liked it.

Breakfast nachos should totally be a thing, though it's hard to picture the egg part. Someone else posted about one of those plastic things, and that's all that I can think of!

I'll have to do a longer run this weekend to build up an appetite for eating several of them like yyznomad seems to do!

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:06 pm

Well most oatmeal I consume is "bland" so I didn't mind it. Don't need all the brown sugar and bits mixed for me to enjoy it for breakfast.
Oatmeal is not 'bland'. It is 'subtle'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...g_Championship, https://www.goldenspurtle.com/. It's one of my standard breakfasts.

Agreed on that egg. That's why I said PITUK would get a "kick" out of it. Not sure how it remotely resembles a "Sunnyside" egg in the first place.
I'm going to run more for a couple of days and get there early to try them all - and just to see what this is like! I HATE food wastage, so will eat what I order.

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by painintheuk
Well, I booked the breakfast flight for Monday. Last time I chose the chia cereal to go and actually quite liked it.

Breakfast nachos should totally be a thing, though it's hard to picture the egg part. Someone else posted about one of those plastic things, and that's all that I can think of!

I'll have to do a longer run this weekend to build up an appetite for eating several of them like yyznomad seems to do!

Dr. PITUK
The egg part will quicklly become an egg fart.
The cold items are better at this time for breakfast. But yeah give the hot stuff a try and let us know what you think of the rubber French Toast.

The other day I overheard a couple behind me who had just ordered and received their hot stuff...
Hubby: This is French Toast?
Wifey: That's what it says.
painintheuk and D582 like this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:49 pm

YVR just brought me one set of utensils for three dishes, and one salt + pepper
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

YVR just brought me one set of utensils for three dishes, and one salt + pepper.
Yeah I had to explicitly ask for more sets. And wetnaps as they rarely ever gave it when serving hot food.
You have the post-Charlie crew and I find them subpar. Ferdinand is ok.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:54 pm

The teriyaki thing isn't horrible, but way too much rice relative to the mushrooms, green vegetables, and sauce. They should just cut the rice back by ~50% and it might work.

The mac and cheese is decent though.

Yeah I had to explicitly ask for more sets. And wetnaps as they rarely ever gave it when serving hot food.
Back in October when I was here all the time, they always brought a set with every dish.

You have the post-Charlie crew and I find them subpar. Ferdinand is ok.
I don't know either of those people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.