Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Hopefully once things normalize, we'll go back to self-pour. It's so much more pleasant.

plus it propagates / amplifies staff laziness to the actual serving part
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've also been told N drinks is the absolute limit. Or N drinks per hour.

It's agent nonsense.

Fight it next time.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've also been told N drinks is the absolute limit. Or N drinks per hour.

It's agent nonsense.

Fight it next time.
i probably will.

i do have a theory but I'll discuss during the Saturday do.
its not really good for Ft given the RCHHMP outposts.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tried all the new hot food in the YVR MLL, except for the dessert.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
And? Reviews? Photos?

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:31 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The dessert is hot?

I assumed "warm" gingerbread pudding meant it would be room temperature to lukewarm.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:33 pm

The dessert is hot?
Creme brule? Sticky toffee pudding? Lava cake?

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by painintheuk
And? Reviews? Photos?

Dr. PITUK
Well, MillennialMiles already posted photos so I didn't bother taking anything comprehensive.

I thought the loaded potato and turkey/brie flatbread dishes were quite good. I ordered multiples. (i.e. they weren't plastic and they actually had taste and nice texture)
I also liked the top half layer of the mac & cheese but it gets watered down on the bottom half. I ordered two just to make sure one wasn't a fluke.

I also tried all the YYZ breakfast and some of the lunch/dinner items.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:35 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Have they added anything to replace them?
When I was there this past weekend, I didn't see any replacements. Just additional variety of chips. They also got rid of the KitKats from the YYC MLL.

Yeah it's weird. She's been manning the serve area the last while and the only thing I got was a chamomile tea from her.
prior to that I ordered a bunch of hot food and got a green tea.
this was the only drink order I was going to make here, but now I kinda want to ask for another... but I've decided it's not worth it to make a fuss. I dont recognize her and think she's new. I'm assuming she's just doing her job and is erring on the side of caution.
Is this the Filipino one? Rosa and some other lady in the morning/early afternoon are gems in the YYZ MLL. Who knew after a few drinks they would refer to me as their "friend"

And? Reviews? Photos?

Dr. PITUK
I think yyznomad was impressed with my pics and review above that they decided not to take any
painintheuk likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The dessert is hot?

I assumed "warm" gingerbread pudding meant it would be room temperature to lukewarm.
Creme brule? Sticky toffee pudding? Lava cake?

Dr. PITUK
Lol, maybe I should've used a new sentence.
I tried all the hot food.
I did not try the dessert.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:39 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
The dessert is hot?

Why yes it is. It comes out warm and the sauce they use is melted over the gingerbread "pudding"
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Is this the Filipino one? Rosa and some other lady in the morning/early afternoon are gems in the YYZ MLL. Who knew after a few drinks they would refer to me as their "friend"
Well, this was the YVR MLL so neither.
But regarding YYZ, Rosa is fine. She remembers me everytime. I think mainly because she saw me every day for several months a few years ago, so we always do small talk.

I think yyznomad was impressed with my pics and review above that they decided not to take any
Yep, and it saved us from having to take more pics and posting them.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why yes it is. It comes out warm and the sauce they use is melted over the gingerbread "pudding"
Oh ok it's actually warm. I saw someone else eating it and it looked warm-ish, if something can look that.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:48 pm

Oh ok it's actually warm. I saw someone else eating it and it looked warm-ish, if something can look that.
It was also good when I had it the day after after taking it "To go" in the grab bag....probably one of the better deserts they've served. The new YYZ one is not that good.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:51 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Is the lounge in YWG open, or is it shut down?

Last edited by tcook052; Dec 18, 2020 at 1:46 am Reason: politics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.