Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm somewhat impressed with the United Fauxlaris lounges. If you'd normally be eligible for Polaris, you get a card that lets you get anything from the bar for free.

It would be a little challenging for AC because they don't have anything they normally charge for, but maybe AC needs a zone 1 section with priority entry and champagne...
Old Aug 29, 2021, 8:41 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
No line at YVR MLL just now, for once.

Originally Posted by zappy312
For what it's worth the system rejected my arrival boarding pass for arrival lounge access as a 50k member back in mid July. Lounge dragon had to override something in her system and mentioned it's happened a few times.
Arrival BP did not automatically grant access a minute ago either. Agent looked at it and let me in, but whatever popped up on her screen wasn't saying I should have access. I think that's the first time I've ever had an issue with that.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
If there issues with lines at the MLL at YYZ and at YVR, simply (if you are eligible) go to the Plaza Premium lounges.

On Sat Aug 14 , I went from YVR to YOW- 1:15 pm flight departure.

Around 11;30 pm - I would say at least 20 people in line for YVR domestic MLL.
I went to the Plaza Premium lounge in Terminal A - no lineups (and I can argue, perhaps a wider and better selection of food than at MLL).

Coming from from Terminal A to Terminal C- I noticed a new "satellite" open air Plaza Premium lounge open in Terminal C- just past the security zone of Terminal C.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Over the next few weeks, they'll be reopening 1 or 2 lounges per week, per Mark Nasr.

They'll continue the current food ordering mechanism for a quite a while, but no guarantees it will last forever.

The really want to open hub international lounges, then spoke cities within Canada. Not looking great for TB

It takes 4-8 weeks to open once they make the decision to open. In large airports, 200 eligible passengers per day are sufficient.

TB will open before the Cafe.

Signature Suites will be last.

Are they announcing or posting on the AC web site when these lounges are to open (similar to when UA announces on its web site when the United lounges re-open, post covid closures - and on that web site - UA has the list of UA lounges worldwide which are already open).

I am wondering when the YOW MLL will open (and perhaps as an added incentive for that lounge to open - since the YOW MLL serves both as a domestic and international MLL -when will YOW will open to international (overseas non TB flights).

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 29, 2021 at 10:32 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Coming from from Terminal A to Terminal C- I noticed a new "satellite" open air Plaza Premium lounge open in Terminal C- just past the security zone of Terminal C.
Unless I'm missing something, that's been there for years.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 4:27 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is there any lounge, MLL or otherwise available for passengers departing YYZ for the USA?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Here are a few pictures from my most recent visit to the YUL Dom MLL while on my way back to NL from PEI.

They called this "Charcuterie"

I know this was one of the to-go options, but come on. Two pieces of deli meat and one piece of cheese with a bunch of raisins. I would never get this again.

Tuna Poke and Grilled Cheese w/ Brisket

There were about three pieces of Tuna in this and they all tasted fishy and not fresh at all. If you order the brisket grilled cheese, I would definitely order two because they only give you half of one (why though?). This actually didn't taste too bad, I would get this again.

Cauliflower Soup and some dessert

The cauliflower soup was good, but it needed a little more seasoning. Dessert was pretty good also, though I forget what it was called.
marke190 and 24left like this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by codfather
I would definitely order two because they only give you half of one (why though?). This actually didn't taste too bad, I would get this again.
I think this is the sweet spot AC has been aiming for (successfully, IMO): Give out tiny portions and add friction through slow servers to reduce the ability to consumer + make the food bad enough to reduce the desire to consume.

In no context other than air travel would what AC is currently putting out in its lounges qualify as a 'premium' product of any kind.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 4:26 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Last night, Mark Nasr said the CDG MLL opened a few days ago, and has a really good deli plate. Self service, not the online ordering system.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Last night, Mark Nasr said the CDG MLL opened a few days ago, and has a really good deli plate. Self service, not the online ordering system.
Great news thank you so much for the heads up

I'll sent a update on the lounge and deli plate next week.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:06 am

Programs: AC SE
wonder when LHR will open.
Vessel18 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
Originally Posted by codfather
Dessert was pretty good also, though I forget what it was called.
Passion fruit panna cotta?
Old Aug 30, 2021, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Wonder when FRA will open.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 9:46 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
codfather - I agree about the tuna poke. Absolutely the worst.
codfather likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by frenchkiki
Passion fruit panna cotta?
Yup that is it! Thanks for jogging my memory.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
codfather - I agree about the tuna poke. Absolutely the worst.
I absolutely love tuna poke, but I guess I am too used to enjoying it with nice chunks of fresh tuna bursting with flavour. I had some fresh PEI Bluefin at a restaurant in Charlottetown while I was there, so this was quite the downgrade haha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.