Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Put me in coach, JETZ begin mainline service June 1 in YYZ-YUL-YOW triangle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2020, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS

In the YYZ-YUL-YOW triangle, AC 490-499.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...nada-jetz.html
Old May 21, 2020, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC 75K
These flights are being sold as Premium Economy only.
Old May 21, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
Interesting. Will they provide meal service, or water only? How will they ensure social distancing?
Old May 21, 2020, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
Interesting. Will they provide meal service, or water only? How will they ensure social distancing?
Meal service in PY on a 60 minute flight? I doubt it.
Old May 21, 2020, 6:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Interesting that they're selling these as PE when it's J seating, and there's really no J service to speak of on flights that they're selling as J.
dr_torch and canadiancow like this.
Old May 21, 2020, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
With only 58 seats on a 319, I don't think it's a concern. On the standard 319 there are 21 rows between J/Y (excludes row 1). Going with middle seat blocking, that allows for 84 pax. Deduct a few pax for mid-cabin emergency exit and you're at 82 pax (assuming all seats in J are full).

Density on Jetz aircraft is far less than what they're selling on other aircraft of the same type, plus I doubt the aircraft will be at full capacity.
tcook052 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by YEG USER
On the standard 319 there are 21 rows between J/Y (excludes row 1). Going with middle seat blocking, that allows for 84 pax.
Middle-seat blocking does not come even close to two-meter distancing. In a 319, even with only two people per row (in the window seats), an FA cannot make it through the cabin while maintaining the mandated distance.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:29 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
That looks awesome! I have heard of Jetz aircraft being subbed in sometimes for random routes, but it is interesting for them to actually advertise this.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC Elite
I remember the pleasant surprise of getting on a YWG - YOW flight about 15 years ago to find it was a 2 - 2 all business class layout. Was it called Jetz back then? Pretty sure it was a 737.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:47 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Middle-seat blocking does not come even close to two-meter distancing. In a 319, even with only two people per row (in the window seats), an FA cannot make it through the cabin while maintaining the mandated distance.
Social distancing to the two-meter standard isn't really feasible on an aircraft. Blocked middle seats seem to be where the industry has landed. In J, the space in between the two seats seems to have been deemed sufficient. So a Jetz 319 is basically just the same as the J cabin of a regular 32x.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Cloud Lounger
I remember the pleasant surprise of getting on a YWG - YOW flight about 15 years ago to find it was a 2 - 2 all business class layout. Was it called Jetz back then? Pretty sure it was a 737.
Pretty sure it was and has been around since '01 so may have been subbed in on that route that day.

Guess this news isn't a huge surprise as the major pro sports in N.A.Jetz has been contracted to in the past are all idle or have limited restart plans.
Old May 21, 2020, 8:01 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Social distancing to the two-meter standard isn't really feasible on an aircraft.
Exactly. Which is why I called out the poster who said it would work.

Blocked middle seats seem to be where the industry has landed.
And there is absolutely no difference between blocked middle seats and no blocking at all. It's "safety theatre" to appease the masses of people who are gullible enough to believe it makes a difference.
Old May 21, 2020, 8:19 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Seat Map shows Rear-Facing seats in row 11:
Attached Images  
Old May 21, 2020, 8:20 pm

Social distancing to the two-meter standard isn't really feasible on an aircraft. Blocked middle seats seem to be where the industry has landed. In J, the space in between the two seats seems to have been deemed sufficient. So a Jetz 319 is basically just the same as the J cabin of a regular 32x.
Plus my understanding of the 2m rule is that it is the minimum distance recommended when there is no PPE in use. With the mandate that all pax wear face masks the 2m rule can likely be reduced (at least from the perspective of the airlines).
Old May 21, 2020, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Cloud Lounger
I had a similar experience about 8 years ago. YEG-YVR diverted to YYC. Subbed in a Jetz plane for those who actually ended up continuing to YVR (many pax were able to take alternate flights from YYC).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.