Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Put me in coach, JETZ begin mainline service June 1 in YYZ-YUL-YOW triangle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Put me in coach, JETZ begin mainline service June 1 in YYZ-YUL-YOW triangle

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: Back of the bus
You know if AC would put these puppies on some of the mainline routes and even the carribean I would pay a premium to fly on these and feel much more comfortable.

Wondering about the economics...
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by jazzsax
You know if AC would put these puppies on some of the mainline routes and even the carribean I would pay a premium to fly on these and feel much more comfortable.

If there were enough travellers out there willing to pay that premium, then airlines probably would have done it already. Sadly, there are probably more people who would be willing to ride in the overhead bin for a $50 discount on their ticket price. We'll see if post-COVID changes passenger behaviour and what they're willing to pay for, but if the majority of travellers have historically been driven by price, I don't see that changing in the long term.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by jazzsax

58 seats in a Jetz 319, 120 (total) in a ML 319. So, for napkin purposes the average ticket would have to be twice as expensive.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RangerNS
58 seats in a Jetz 319, 120 (total) in a ML 319. So, for napkin purposes the average ticket would have to be twice as expensive.
Also bearing in mind that they lose 14 J seats, so 14 seats are going to be cheaper, meaning the other 44 would have to make up that difference.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 5:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I wonder how much value there is to AC in not having to carry a 3rd FA on these flights and whether that factored in to the decision to put this service out there.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 1:20 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I wonder how much value there is to AC in not having to carry a 3rd FA on these flights and whether that factored in to the decision to put this service out there.
Probably also less seats to disinfect and clean between turns. Or putting these in opened up maintenance options on the mainline birds?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I believe the equipment-level crew minimum on a A319 is 3 anyways, so no savings.
ChrisA330 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.