Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Miles Sales - May 7-15th 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Miles Sales - May 7-15th 2020

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
shows 24K +21k bonus in my transactions, but total miles unchanged and cc not charged.

Originally Posted by kalderlake
I got a message telling me the transaction had failed and my credit card had not been charged.

But the points are showing up on my AE home page.

Limbo.
Credit card charge pending.

Twice.

Hell.

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I've now reached the payment page twice, and have had the payment fail to process twice.
Four times for me.
Old May 7, 2020, 8:35 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by SFO777
I'm shocked that I got 115% at 7:09a.
Wondering if they actually sold more than 10M at 115% considering all the numbers posted above... in the small FT universe.
I had the same thought. After all, they were probably using one of these, left over from EYW:

unclepants and SFO777 like this.
Old May 7, 2020, 8:35 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Paupaaa
Whom would you seek out for Housekeeping though? Do I look to points.com? AC? Do I file a claim with Amex since I technically was not granted what I purchased? Sorry for such elementary questions ... But this is my first time doing anything of this nature..
I say try to go through Aeroplan first.
They will have internal ways of getting in touch with the right dept. at Points.com

This is based on previous experience dealing Alaska mileage purchase.
Granted my issue was resolving account blocked due to the purchase being flagged and wouldn't posted after the said purchase.
Old May 7, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Four times for me.
I feel half as bad for myself now. :P

I'm still trying...
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 8:38 am

Deleted

Last edited by mileageking; Mar 25, 2021 at 2:42 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SFO777
I'm shocked that I got 115% at 7:09a.
Wondering if they actually sold more than 10M at 115% considering all the numbers posted above... in the small FT universe.
Given how quickly the 115% ran out, I doubt they sold much more than 10MM. Most people weren't buying 250K, they were buying a lot less.

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
shows 24K +21k bonus in my transactions, but total miles unchanged and cc not charged.
Usually with Aeroplan, you need to sign out then sign back in for it to be reflected in your balance.
canadiancow likes this.

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Ugh... still trying to go in.

Just want to get 200K miles so 50% = 100K which means prestige 25k?
Old May 7, 2020, 8:39 am

Whom would you seek out for Housekeeping though? Do I look to points.com? AC? Do I file a claim with Amex since I technically was not granted what I purchased? Sorry for such elementary questions ... But this is my first time doing anything of this nature..
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
I say try to go through Aeroplan first.
They will have internal ways of getting in touch with the right dept. at Points.com

This is based on previous experience dealing Alaska mileage purchase.
Granted my issue was resolving account blocked due to the purchase being flagged and wouldn't posted after the said purchase.
I might start at the info in the FAQ/receipt:
Purchased and/or gifted Aeroplan Miles are issued for loyalty program purposes only and as part of the Aeroplan Program. The terms and conditions specific to the purchase and/or gifting of Aeroplan Miles can be found here and amend and supplement the General Terms and Conditions of the Aeroplan Program that can be found here . Accordingly, purchased Aeroplan Miles in an Aeroplan account expire if the Aeroplan Member has not accumulated or redeemed Aeroplan Miles for a period of 12 consecutive months. For questions or inquiries on the purchased and/or gifted Aeroplan Miles, within Canada, USA and the Caribbean please contact 1-800-361-5373, within United Kingdom please contact 0800-756-3865 and within all other areas please contact 1-514-395-0300 or please visit the FAQ page here . Aeroplan Miles are purchased and/or gifted through Points.com Inc. with “GST Registration Number 86696 5676 RT0001”, an authorized reseller of Aeroplan Miles under an agreement with Aeroplan Inc.
Old May 7, 2020, 8:39 am

What an epic fail been trying for 25 minutes, if you are going to do a sale like this at least be ready for the traffic.
Old May 7, 2020, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DCA1983
I do think the issue is with Air Canada's IT though -- it seems to be erroring out when the page at aeroplan-bg-sso.points.com hosted by points.com is checking with login.aircanada.com for something (whether that's account credentials or whatever...)
If that's the case, then I agree, but I was having no issue logging into Aeroplan, and the request that is currently timing out for me is to aeroplan.points.com, not login.aircanada.com.

What grounds would you have if the page didn't say you were getting a bonus? If it says you're getting 100k miles for $3000, and you received 100k miles for $3000, did you not get what you were entitled to?
Old May 7, 2020, 8:41 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Thanks for the tip; just tried now, but only viewable in the transactions.

Edit to say that the balance is updated, finally. Thanks, Adam Smith!

Originally Posted by Adam Smith

Usually with Aeroplan, you need to sign out then sign back in for it to be reflected in your balance.
Old May 7, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: TK E+, AS Gold
Got to the payment page at 115% on my phone, but errored out during payment. Finally got through at 10:30 for 90%. Miles + bonus posted within a minute. Bummer, but at 90% and 1.1cpm, I can't complain.
Old May 7, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by extremeromance
What an epic fail been trying for 25 minutes, if you are going to do a sale like this at least be ready for the traffic.
But that would mean investing money back into their IT...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.