Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Travel at Home - Reach Air Canada Altitude status without leaving home

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2020, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
APRIL 26 2020
Post 182 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32327089-post182.html
Contains screen shots of all of the detailed T&C on the Travel at Home Promo as per this Aeroplan link
https://www.aeroplan.com/travelathome.do
If you find that something in this version does not match any info you have, please post updates.

Discussion of how some terms were retroactively modified on April 23/24:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32322298-post179.html
Print Wikipost

Travel at Home - Reach Air Canada Altitude status without leaving home

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC 75K, Marrott Platinum, BW Diamond, AP Diamond
AMEX Plat Transfer

Originally Posted by Flyingbunny88
I'm confused now.. I just called Aeroplan operator and they told me that my understanding is incorrect..

Here's the situation:
1. I'm an SE-100K
2. I purchased 150,000 miles, and got 172,500 miles, 50% of the 322,500 miles (which is 161,250 miles) will count towards the promotion of "Elite 75K and Super Elite 100K members who cross the 250,000 threshold will receive 25,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles that will count towards Air Canada Million Mile recognition.".
3. Then, I'm short of 88,751 miles to achieve that.
4. I would like to transfer my AMEX MR points from my platinum account to Aeroplan for let's say 90,000 MR to 90,000 miles (with 1:1 ratio).
5. I should then surpass the 250,000 threshold and be eligible for 25,000 Bonus Aeroplan miles that will count towards Air Canada Million Mile recognition, isn't it?

My understanding is that credit card points transfer is included as 'earned' miles, but the Aeroplan operator I talked to seems to be sure that credit card points transfer is not eligible for this promotion.

Can the experts help on this? Adam Smith canadiancow

This will determine whether I should convert my AMEX MR points or leave as is and forget about the 25K miles towards Million Mile promotion if I'm short almost 90K miles.. Or, maybe I should talk and confirm with different operator before doing the conversion / points transfer?

Below is the TC that in my opinion, credit card points transfer is included as part of "All Other Activity".

Eligible Aeroplan Miles”: means Aeroplan Miles earned by an Eligible Participant through Aeroplan Activities during the Offer Period. The following Aeroplan Activities will count towards the Offer as follows:
  • Aeroplan credit card welcome bonus: The welcome bonus for a new Aeroplan credit card acquired by an Eligible Participant, provided the credit card was acquired during the Offer Period and in conformity with the applicable credit card terms and conditions.
  • Aeroplan credit card spend: All Aeroplan spend-based earn shall include only Aeroplan Miles credited to the Eligible Participant's Aeroplan account during the Offer Period, in-cluding Aeroplan Miles credited on the June 2020 statement. The applicable credit card terms and conditions shall apply.
  • eStore: Purchases must be made on the eStore during the Offer Period to qualify for the Offer, and in compliance with the eStore terms and conditions.
  • All other activity: Unless otherwise stipulated, all Aeroplan Miles credited to the Eligible Participant's Aeroplan account based on activity during the Offer Period shall qualify for the Offer.

Aeroplan Activities” shall be defined as any accumulation of Aeroplan Miles earned in conformity with the Aeroplan terms and conditions and the Aeroplan program.

I transferred 250K Amex miles a few weeks ago when the promotion started and I received notification about a week ago that I was upgraded from 50K to 75K Altitude status. I haven't received my bundle in the mail but my status has changed on-line. I also was able to make my pick in my bundles and my wifes 35K nomination went thru in a few days.
Old May 12, 2020, 10:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Star Alliance - Gold, Bonvoy-Titanium, Hilton-Gold, Avis-President's Club
SE->250K miles threshold

Just wanted to share my activities to achieve 250K miles travel at home promo in order to get the 25k bonus aeroplan miles toward MM recognition.

1. Purchased 150,000 miles, received (115%) 172,500 bonus miles, total of 322,500; 50% counted towards TAH promo, 161,250 miles

2. Transferred 83,000 miles from AMEX to AE

3. Purchased 7,000 miles, received (65%) 4,550 bonus miles, total of 11,550; 50% counted towards TAH promo, 5,775 miles

Total achievement: 161,250+83,000+5,775 = 250,025 miles; just over 250,000 miles.

Waiting on my 25k bonus aeroplan miles and also aqm towards MM recognition since i’m an SE. Will update the thread when i receive it.

anybody in this forum received 25k bonus aeroplan just yet who’s in the same boat as me other than Cow’s friend (previously mentioned above)?
Old May 12, 2020, 10:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy

Waiting on my 25k bonus aeroplan miles and also aqm towards MM recognition since i’m an SE. Will update the thread when i receive it.

anybody in this forum received 25k bonus aeroplan just yet who’s in the same boat as me other than Cow’s friend (previously mentioned above)?
I'd give it at least two weeks to post. I did multiple transfers on April 21st and mine posted on May 5th dated May 4th. You will see the entry listed as "TRAVEL AT HOME AE BONUS" for 25,000.
Flyingbunny88 likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They've only done the one sweep, and it was on May 4 a little before 1800 PDT.

​​​​​​Everyone who got anything got it then.
Plumber likes this.

Last edited by canadiancow; May 13, 2020 at 10:48 am Reason: EDT -> PDT
Old May 13, 2020, 4:25 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by canadiancow
They've only done the one sweep, and it was on May 4 a little before 1800 EDT.

​​​​​​Everyone who got anything got it then.
I thought they would do a weekly sweep, but they have not done so.

I was surprised the last sweep was done during the day and not overnight.

Yes- I received my 25K towards MM in the sweep on May 4 as described by Canadiancow.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 15, 2020, 10:48 pm

How the heck has this fallen to the second page. What the heck have we all been talking about?

Still no new sweep. Quite disappointing.

TAH was announced April 20 and the first sweep was May 4 which was two weeks later. So maybe May 18?
Old May 16, 2020, 12:10 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
How the heck has this fallen to the second page. What the heck have we all been talking about?

Still no new sweep. Quite disappointing.

TAH was announced April 20 and the first sweep was May 4 which was two weeks later. So maybe May 18?
I was thinking they'd wait for the mile sale to end so yeah hopefully soon.
Old May 16, 2020, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I was thinking they'd wait for the mile sale to end so yeah hopefully soon.
This is the kind of thing I'd expect instant gratification for. Why do sweeps at all? Or at least daily.
Old May 16, 2020, 12:29 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
This is the kind of thing I'd expect instant gratification for. Why do sweeps at all? Or at least daily.
Because,

Air Canada.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 18, 2020, 12:30 pm

For those still looking to transfer to Aeroplan there is a new Marriott promo that started today. Buy or gift points and get 60% bonus. Marriott T&Cs state points purchases will be processed up to 7 business days after purchase so if one does in the next few days it should still work to transfer towards Aeroplan Travel at Home promo May 31st end date.

Buy/Gift 100,000 + 60,000 Bonus = 160,000 Marriott points

https://storefront.points.com/marrio...US/buy?irgwc=1
24left likes this.
Old May 18, 2020, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Hey, that would require some sort of rework of the backend. that's too much to ask for.
Old May 18, 2020, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Hey, that would require some sort of rework of the backend. that's too much to ask for.
Would it? They were able to do a sweep in a very small window 13 days ago, meaning it's not a manual process.

So instead of clicking a button, why not just something like this:

Code:
0 3 * * * ~/process_travel_at_home.sh
Old May 18, 2020, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Would it? They were able to do a sweep in a very small window 13 days ago, meaning it's not a manual process.

So instead of clicking a button, why not just something like this:

Code:
0 3 * * * ~/process_travel_at_home.sh
Maybe the one person in charge of pressing the sweep button only works one day a month?

I'm assuming it's like Marriott where status sweeps somehow have to be done manually and happen whenever they feel like it.
Old May 18, 2020, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Maybe the one person in charge of pressing the sweep button only works one day a month?
Which is exactly why putting "the sweep button" behind a simple cron job makes sense. Then that person doesn't need to work at all.
Old May 18, 2020, 2:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
As a SE., I transferred 250,000 AMEX points to Aeroplan 8 days ago. I also registered for the promotion.

When will I see the 25,000 miles added to my million dollar account?

I already know from a previous post, that I will not earn 25,000 AQM for this transaction.

Will I earn 25,000 Aeroplan (not AQM) miles, for the transaction?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.