Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Travel at Home - Reach Air Canada Altitude status without leaving home

Old Apr 26, 2020, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
APRIL 26 2020
Post 182 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32327089-post182.html
Contains screen shots of all of the detailed T&C on the Travel at Home Promo as per this Aeroplan link
https://www.aeroplan.com/travelathome.do
If you find that something in this version does not match any info you have, please post updates.

Discussion of how some terms were retroactively modified on April 23/24:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32322298-post179.html
Print Wikipost

Travel at Home - Reach Air Canada Altitude status without leaving home

Old May 7, 2020, 10:15 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
EXT. MARKET STREET (SFO) – DUSK – WIDE SHOT, SLOW PAN

A throng of crazed zombies is overflowing the street. Their movements are chaotic, milling and flailing around.

SUPERIMPOSE: “San Francisco, May 2020”

CROWD P.O.V – SUBJECTIVE CAMERA, JERKY HANDHELD

Chaotic blurs of zombie arms and heads. Faces are anguished and distorted. Mouths are open (indistinct moans, calls for ‘brains’) and drooling. Movements are stiff and jerky. Between the bodies and limbs, glimpses can be seen of the long street ahead and some form of large but indistinct red line drawn on the road.

EXT. MARKET STREET – WIDE SHOT

The crowd is still milling about but there is some form of disruption in the middle of the throng. There’s a person pushing their way through the crowd towards the end of the street.

MAN P.O.V – SUBJECTIVE CAMERA

The man is using his arms to fight off the zombies as he slowly pushes forward with great effort. He is hitting them with some form of cylinder (wet clanging) in his right hand, while carrying a clear glass jug half full of amber liquid in the other.

The disruption in the throng is more obvious as the man advances. PUSH IN to man, in tatters and bloodied. Still fighting his way forward, we can see that he occasionally pauses to tip the jug back guzzling some of the liquid before resuming his battle (wet clanging).

CLOSE UP – MAN’S FACE

The man’s face is covered in grime and blood and almost unrecognizable. As he takes another swig from the jug, we briefly see the word ‘Bacardi’ on the label. As he wipes his face off with his right hand, we see that hand gripping an apparently empty cylinder of Coke Zero syrup. He resumes his battle (clanging).

MAN P.O.V – SUBJECTIVE CAMERA

The man continues his fight pushing forward (clanging and moaning) but he is now almost at the front of the crowd. We can see the large red line clearly now and the zombies seem almost afraid of it, stopping short of actually crossing the line.

EXT. MARKET STREET – MEDIUM SHOT

The zombies are still milling around short of the red line. The man seems mired and almost smothered by the crowd, but with one final push he emerges out in front of the zombies. After a brief pause, he staggers over the line and turns to consider what he has just overcome. PUSH IN to view the man, heavily panting as he drops the cylinder (sharp clang) on the road. He stares down at his feet, well back on the other side of the red line from the hoard.

CLOSE UP – MAN’S FACE

The man is no longer panting as hard as he takes a long gulping swig from the jug, almost draining it. As he wipes his face off with the tatters of his shirt, we see that it is @CANADIANCOW. He breaks into a grin, looks upwards and shouts

@CANADIANCOW

Million Miler!

@CANADIANCOW collapses onto the street, still clutching his jug, still grinning, apparently staring at the red line.

FADE OUT
Okay, I'm being overly dramatic. But this sounds more exciting than the reality of sitting at a computer and clicking a mouse. And now that we're not flying, we need all of the excitement we can get.

Congratulation Cow and the other folks who have crossed the xMM threshold due to this promo!
Old May 7, 2020, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Okay, I'm being overly dramatic. But this sounds more exciting than the reality of sitting at a computer and clicking a mouse. And now that we're not flying, we need all of the excitement we can get.

Congratulation Cow and the other folks who have crossed the xMM threshold due to this promo!
Thank you

But I don't have the miles yet, and the status hasn't been recognized yet... hopefully I'll have something to celebrate at the do.
Plumber and Bohemian1 like this.
Old May 7, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dgparent
Any idea how long it takes for the areoplan miles to affect your Altitude status?
My wife transferred Amex points on the first day, April 20, and got E25K on May 1.
dgparent likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Originally Posted by ride red
My wife transferred Amex points on the first day, April 20, and got E25K on May 1.
Thanks !
Old May 7, 2020, 10:26 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Okay, I'm being overly dramatic.
Are you thinking of switching careers to become a screenwriter?
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 10:28 am
Suspended

Newbie question: I have zero status at the moment but if I bought 100k miles (before the bonus), that would be enough to qualify for Prestige 25K right?
Old May 7, 2020, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by mcbg1
Newbie question: I have zero status at the moment but if I bought 100k miles (before the bonus), that would be enough to qualify for Prestige 25K right?
You need 100k AFTER the bonus to qualify. You can certainly buy more than that, but it will not help you in the TAH promotion.
Old May 7, 2020, 10:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You need 100k AFTER the bonus to qualify. You can certainly buy more than that, but it will not help you in the TAH promotion.
With my current balance and what I bought + bonus (55k + 90%), I have 155K miles in my account right now.
Old May 7, 2020, 10:43 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Are you thinking of switching careers to become a screenwriter?
Final Draft the FT forum editor is not.
Old May 7, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Someone give me the TL;dr:

As an SE the best I can do with the couple of promos going on is (from cash, having ~0 other points elsewhere) is to get 25k MM and maybe some discounted spendable aeropesos?
Old May 7, 2020, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by mcbg1
With my current balance and what I bought + bonus (55k + 90%), I have 155K miles in my account right now.
Your balance is irrelevant, but a purchase+bonus of over 100k will qualify.
Old May 7, 2020, 11:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Your balance is irrelevant, but a purchase+bonus of over 100k will qualify.
Ok thanks. So I guess I'm good to qualify.
Old May 7, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by RangerNS

As an SE the best I can do with the couple of promos going on is (from cash, having ~0 other points elsewhere) is to get 25k MM and maybe some discounted spendable aeropesos?
And some Eupgrade credits expiring 2022.

And some likely useless AQD.
Old May 7, 2020, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

@RangerNS

There is more than one thread for the various concurrent promos but I'll just add my answer here:

I did not participate in any of them.

Some reasons are:
* I am SE MM
* I have status for 2020 (such as it is)
* I have status for 2021 (extension courtesy of AC)
* I have TWO banked years SE (from 2018 and 2019)
* I don't have any need or interest for some of the other offerings such as gift someone status or earn miles that will count toward MM
* I do not need or want anymore eUpgrade credits

I have enough Aeroplan miles to do what I want but using them is contingent on the countries I want to travel to, opening their borders AND contingent on not requiring proof of vaccination or an "immunity passport" - IMHO, a very less than exact science right now.

We can all assume or speculate that there will be a devaluation of the value of the miles because the press releases have all used the phrase: "Your Aeroplan miles will transfers 1:1 to the new program". My Aeroplan miles may not be bananas and eventually spoil, as it were, but they are not necessarily going to be worth the same tomorrow than today.

In the end, everyone on AC FT who chose to participate in these promos, or chose not to, had their own reasons.
jasdou and kenlor like this.
Old May 7, 2020, 11:49 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver

Basically, yes. You could get 4,500 AQM and 1K AQD, which may not matter much given what's going on this year. And the 20 eUps. Good until 2022, but as an SE, you may not have a ton of need for those anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.