Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Travel at Home - Reach Air Canada Altitude status without leaving home

Old Apr 26, 2020, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
APRIL 26 2020
Post 182 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32327089-post182.html
Contains screen shots of all of the detailed T&C on the Travel at Home Promo as per this Aeroplan link
https://www.aeroplan.com/travelathome.do
If you find that something in this version does not match any info you have, please post updates.

Discussion of how some terms were retroactively modified on April 23/24:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32322298-post179.html
Print Wikipost

Travel at Home - Reach Air Canada Altitude status without leaving home

Old Jul 2, 2020, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dparkinson
5/3/20- Register for promo
5/18/20- 50,000 Amex Xfer to Aeroplan
I'd be tempted to Tweet them, but I suspect they'll just cite the terms that say "Aeroplan Member accounts will be updated with Altitude Prestige 25K status by July 31, 2020 and such Altitude Members will be notified by email."
Old Jul 2, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'd be tempted to Tweet them, but I suspect they'll just cite the terms that say "Aeroplan Member accounts will be updated with Altitude Prestige 25K status by July 31, 2020 and such Altitude Members will be notified by email."
I called and was told nothing they can do until end of July.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:35 am

Any update on status change, nothing here yet as of Thursday 8-06 after purchasing 100k miles back during the promo.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 4:06 am

Sorry to bring this thread back, I bought 115,000 miles in May for around $1000 USD, fortunate to get the 115% bonus. I was under the impression we would be eligible for the P25k status afterwards. Here is my sad dashboard on 8-17... Not flying anytime soon, just curious about the details, thanks and stay safe!

Old Aug 17, 2020, 10:48 am

Did you register for the promo, or did you just buy the miles?
Old Aug 17, 2020, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Did you register for the promo, or did you just buy the miles?
You are right, I never registered... Tough lesson, learn the hard way... Oh well, at least still with United Silver on the bright side, thanks for you help!!!
Old Aug 17, 2020, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by calculus1918
You are right, I never registered... Tough lesson, learn the hard way... Oh well, at least still with United Silver on the bright side, thanks for you help!!!
You could try Tweeting (or maybe calling). Explain that you didn't realize you had to register, you made a mistake, but you adhered to all other terms, etc.

No guarantees, but it could work.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: AC SE100K, 2MM
Hi,

Bringing this thread back again. I need some help to determine an answer from the Altitude Department.

So far, I have had a stunningly evasive back and forth with Customer Care regarding the awarding of the Lifetime Qualifying Miles associated with the 250,000 Aeroplan miles offer. This was for E75K and S100K members. *Altitude Super Elite 100K and Elite 75K Status Members who earn 250,000 Aeroplan Miles during this Offer and registered will receive 25,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles that count toward Million Miles recognition."

So, I received the 25,000 Aeroplan Miles back on May 19th. I understood it would take some time to post the LQM. Of course, they never did post so I reached out last week. I have now gone back and forth to try to get the LQM posted. This is the answer I received:

"He did indeed earn 25,000 LQM when the deposit was processed on May 19th. It was done is DM and the total Lifetime balance was transferred to iFly, so we won't see it as a separate 25,000 MM miles in iFly. We can confirm that this deposit has been added to his balance."

I can assure you, I did not receive the 25,000 miles to LQM, only the 25,00 miles to the basic Aeroplan account. But can't go back in time to prove this since I don't have any screenshots or any other method I know of that records LQM accumulation.

Any advice on what the above answer means, what else I can do, and/or who I can actually speak with to fix this?

p.s. too bad we can't have our annual YYZ/downtown Christmas DO. I miss the team

Thanks
diddy
Old Dec 8, 2020, 9:35 am

Huh. I thought it was obvious on the old Altitude dashboard, but I can't recall. Now it definitely only shows up as Aeroplan points. But my total is correct.

This is why I keep a spreadsheet.

Why are you so sure you didn't receive the MM miles?
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:37 am

Thanks cow. I am at the same MM total today as I was back in April. I haven't flown in the pandemic - so given the MM balance hasn't changed, the MM miles haven't posted - but I don't have a way to prove that through an "activity" tab on the new site, or via screen shots of my dashboard that I didn't take. Unfortunately, I'm relying on Altiude department to show me that the MM miles were credited, which so far they have not or can not.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by diddy
Thanks cow. I am at the same MM total today as I was back in April. I haven't flown in the pandemic - so given the MM balance hasn't changed, the MM miles haven't posted - but I don't have a way to prove that through an "activity" tab on the new site, or via screen shots of my dashboard that I didn't take. Unfortunately, I'm relying on Altiude department to show me that the MM miles were credited, which so far they have not or can not.
I think they can give you a record of all MM-eligible activity, which should add up properly. You might try asking for that.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 1:02 pm

I sent that message to them yesterday but no response yet. Let's see what happens. I will post back with a response when received. Thanks again.
canadiancow likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.