Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Is a three month ticket refund window standard with Air Canada?

Question: Is a three month ticket refund window standard with Air Canada?

Old Sep 12, 2020, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by hitek0007
Refund still hasn't posted to my credit card. How long has it taken for refunds to actually show up?
Once you get the refund confirmation email, a few business days.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:44 am

Programs: AC 75k
For reference, we filed for multiple refunds 2 months ago, and were told our credits were on the way. My wife woke up and freaked out due to an email today that basically said, "We have received your request, your reservation xxx##xx# has been cancelled; we will be in touch." With important reservations in play for the next 2 weeks which have been altered unilaterally by AC, she was unsettled thinking "Our flight LLL##LL# has been cancelled!!!". Thankfully not our upcoming flights, but just another "award of excellence" that AC was able to recognize our request for a refund 2 months after we made it. They still haven't done spit about it mind you.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Small miracle today - Aeroplan tickets that have been 'open' since 27th of May finally hit the card after a manual refund. No notification from AC but I ll take it!

Title of thread should be changed to 4 months being standard for AC
Old Sep 30, 2020, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by hitek0007
My refund request from May 15 was finally processed today by Air Canada. It only took them 108 days.
Still haven't gotten the refund to my credit card after 28 days... should I be worried? My ticket is showing as "closed" now.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:38 pm

Now at 108 days and counting. Despite my desire to remain patient, I finally gave in and sent them an email today. Their response was that they expect to review it Nov 26, 135 days after it was submitted. Even that date was 71 days after the flight was cancelled because they managed to lose the original refund request, so if I can actually believe what they are telling me, I will wait at least 206 days for my refund. Looking back, I would have been really happy with 3 months!
In answer to my own question posed earlier, yes, they actually are slowing down. From 102 days for my first refund requested at beginning of May, to 108 days for another poster shortly after that, to 125 days for the end of May refunds, to an estimated 135 days for middle of July requests.

Last edited by farnorthtrader; Oct 30, 2020 at 12:44 pm
Old Oct 31, 2020, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
I received two refunds to my card within 48 hours.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finally progress on ecoupons requested Jun 15 for a partially used ticket in March.

It only took 2 weeks for customer service to reply that yes indeed I made the request, and gift cards were to be issued, but somehow didnt...🙄 And I ll be getting an email with them "very soon"

Good news is they ecoupons are somehow for $600ish on a $750rt even though the outbound was flown

Should ve chargebacked these in March, missed the window, and had to deal with this garbage airline.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Now at 108 days and counting. Despite my desire to remain patient, I finally gave in and sent them an email today. Their response was that they expect to review it Nov 26, 135 days after it was submitted. Even that date was 71 days after the flight was cancelled because they managed to lose the original refund request, so if I can actually believe what they are telling me, I will wait at least 206 days for my refund. Looking back, I would have been really happy with 3 months!
In answer to my own question posed earlier, yes, they actually are slowing down. From 102 days for my first refund requested at beginning of May, to 108 days for another poster shortly after that, to 125 days for the end of May refunds, to an estimated 135 days for middle of July requests.
AC must have gotten an inheritance from a Nigerian prince, they have processed my refund "early". Received emails today to advise that they have been processed, just 200 days from when the Aeroplan tickets were cancelled, and 129 days after the second time that the refund was requested. Hey, at least the CDN$ has strengthened since when I should have received my refund, so I get a few more US$ back!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.