FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Is a three month ticket refund window standard with Air Canada?
Old Nov 20, 2020, 2:40 pm
farnorthtrader

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Now at 108 days and counting. Despite my desire to remain patient, I finally gave in and sent them an email today. Their response was that they expect to review it Nov 26, 135 days after it was submitted. Even that date was 71 days after the flight was cancelled because they managed to lose the original refund request, so if I can actually believe what they are telling me, I will wait at least 206 days for my refund. Looking back, I would have been really happy with 3 months!
In answer to my own question posed earlier, yes, they actually are slowing down. From 102 days for my first refund requested at beginning of May, to 108 days for another poster shortly after that, to 125 days for the end of May refunds, to an estimated 135 days for middle of July requests.
AC must have gotten an inheritance from a Nigerian prince, they have processed my refund "early". Received emails today to advise that they have been processed, just 200 days from when the Aeroplan tickets were cancelled, and 129 days after the second time that the refund was requested. Hey, at least the CDN$ has strengthened since when I should have received my refund, so I get a few more US$ back!