Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Meals .... at home

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:28 pm

If you want good molten lava cake like the one I had on AC18 about 10 years ago..... Domino’s Pizza actually sell it similar for ~$3 ea.

best part is they will heat it up for you just like AC in a oven!!!!!!

All you need is some semi frozen berries on the side. Remember semi frozen, not fresh!!!
Old Mar 27, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
24left I'd have been happy with a simple.... use 4% cottage cheese, mix with chives, bake in small ramekins at 325F for 20 min

Or whatever the recipe might be...
Chives? Far too adventurous/gourmet. 😊
Old Mar 28, 2020, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Time for mid-flight snack and oh look, emergency provisions have arrived

Bonus, I will enjoy my mid-flight tea in this awesome gift from @Dorian (May 2015 YVR Do if anyone doesn't remember)

Old Mar 28, 2020, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: AC SE
The Omelette - Save us the menu, we know it off by heart now, its very un-offensive, hence I dont mind it too much

The Desert, Baileys and Ice Cream in the coffee Mug in DOM/TB J

Warm Nuts - When sitting in 1A they are so hot they almost burn your mouth
Old Mar 30, 2020, 11:07 am

Curious if actual AC meals could make a sustainable concept restaurant. I know they do exist for other airlines like Air Asia.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
Curious if actual AC meals could make a sustainable concept restaurant. I know they do exist for other airlines like Air Asia.
Air Asia meals (the limited samples I had) were tasty. AC's in general aren't.

I think the best inflight AC meal is some kettle chips and single-malt.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by entropy
Air Asia meals (the limited samples I had) were tasty. AC's in general aren't.

I think the best inflight AC meal is some kettle chips and single-malt.
Fair enough. But it could be something to experiment with for addition revenue... Could also maybe, possibly help as focus groups to try new dishes and not have to pay for it.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Inspired by 24Left:

Amuse is courtesy of Trader Joe’s with an appropriate serving dish (text in French). Not necessary to be warm since it is fresh.

The desert is one up on Hawksworth. Individual molten cake with a “surprise” inside. Following 24Left’s example my grandmother’s damask linen napkin and plated on her Minton china. No frozen or even semi frozen fruit in sight.

24left likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:51 pm

Hah!

Thanks to all you SE/SM...

Will miss the job even more with the layoffs. Hopefully will be back by the summer with more parsley omlette and general tao chicken and rice.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 9:49 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I bought butter at the grocery store today and it was frozen. Perfect accompaniment for a dried out bun. Don't forget to leave the crumbs around your seat.
colombianbrew likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Tonight, we did AC-style hockey puck beef at home.

One of our high value customers in J suffered substantial bleeding from the mouth halfway through meal services.

A few minutes after ruling out the ER due to Covid exposure risk (and insurance deductible), we found out why-- the steak ripped out a "12year" molar.

Although age is borderline in this case, a customer service gesture of goodwill in the form of cash compensation or bonus miles will be provided under pillow overnight.

Last edited by expert7700; Mar 31, 2020 at 10:33 pm
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:43 am

noooo...... for hockey puck steaks you get a 20% discount code for another steak the next time they come back!!!!!

Originally Posted by expert7700

One of our high value customers in J suffered substantial bleeding from the mouth halfway through meal services.

A few minutes after ruling out the ER due to Covid exposure risk (and insurance deductible), we found out why-- the steak ripped out a "12year" molar.

Although age is borderline in this case, a customer service gesture of goodwill in the form of cash compensation or bonus miles will be provided under pillow overnight.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs

Inquiring minds want to know. Did the customer have to request the 'white form' or was it provided without question?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: AC SE
Do you have a recipe to share for AC-style hockey puck beef? If I wanted an AC hockey puck steak to be ready at 7 PM, how long should I cook it for? Any preparation tips?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.