Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Paid revenue seats on J AC YVR-YYZ switched to AC Rouge J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Paid revenue seats on J AC YVR-YYZ switched to AC Rouge J

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:13 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by expert7700
I should not have joked/minimized the value of the coupon without at least doing a better job explaining to those who haven't followed other threads

The 10-30 % "off of 1%" is still a frequent pain point (AC might designate $600 of a $700 fare as fuel surcharge and taxes, so coupon does not reduce by much). Granted, it affects economy class international flyers on bargain fares in higher proportions. The goodwill coupon codes have a value in the hundreds or thousands of dollars on other itineraries such as paid business routes that aren't on sale.
Thank you

Don't get me wrong, I'm as frustrated as you that AC thinks it's appropriate to exclude YQ (totally in the carrier's discretion) from discount codes. I can understand them not wanting to discount true 3rd party charges like AIFs, ATSC, etc, and that would be reasonable.

But there's a certain contingent here (which you're not part of ) that loves to constantly denigrate everything about AC, with special hatred for the discount codes. And yeah, if you apply a 10% off coupon to a one-way YYC-YVR in Basic, the code might be essentially worthless, but it's pretty easy to get hundreds of dollars of value from them, especially if purchasing paid J fares like the OP does.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
I had to re-read the OP--I misread yesterday and assumed the OP was on EVA for the first leg...

OP mentioned (contract) agents at the counter in TPE forcedbthe Rouge connection in YVR. In hindsight, OP had access to (by virtue of their paid J ticket) AC concierge assistance in person at TPE. Two of the best Air Canada concierge agents in the world in were at the checkin counter/gate. They would have undoubtedly moved OP to whatever connection was desired.

Last year without asking AC TPE concierges have helped us in many ways, some documented on the Thanks Concierge thread.

Dang, now this topic makes me want to visit TPE a couple times before Feb29....
While paid J customers do have access to concierge services, those who aren't either SE or FT members have no way to find this out. Years ago (10+ so it has probably changed) when I got to fly full paid J as a 50k/'Elite', I had to PM members here to get a number to deal with IROPS. Nobody from AC ever told me about it. While it is a publicly advertised benefit, the contact details are not public.

Unfortunately, getting Rouged is not justification for compensation - for better or worse - unless the OP ended up in Y.

Dr. PITUK
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by painintheuk
While paid J customers do have access to concierge services, those who aren't either SE or FT members have no way to find this out. Years ago (10+ so it has probably changed) when I got to fly full paid J as a 50k/'Elite', I had to PM members here to get a number to deal with IROPS. Nobody from AC ever told me about it. While it is a publicly advertised benefit, the contact details are not public.

Unfortunately, getting Rouged is not justification for compensation - for better or worse - unless the OP ended up in Y.

Dr. PITUK
So, how do you get hold of a concierge if you're flying AC J but not a Super Elite ?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:15 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yulsee
So, how do you get hold of a concierge if you're flying AC J but not a Super Elite ?
If you're not SE, you're technically only entitled to concierge access at the airport. So you get hold of them by going to the office or when they come find you, as they did for the OP.
painintheuk and canadiancow like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.