FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993153-newly-redesigned-air-canada-mobile-app-fall-2019-a.html)

Bokehman Apr 17, 2020 1:45 pm

I cancelled an Aeroplan rewards trip (via the website) on March 31st. The app (iOS 5.3.0) didn’t update until about 10 days later.

canadiancow Apr 17, 2020 3:17 pm

Did it actually cancel, or did it get put in the 10 day processing queue?

Bokehman Apr 18, 2020 7:28 am

Hmm. Not sure. I received confirmation emails from Aeroplan almost immediately. The app didn’t change at all from what I could see. It also continued to show my old reservation # (before the Amadeus update), so it displayed two separate trips.

Anyhow, the app now shows zero trips.

YVRtoYYZ Apr 27, 2020 8:31 am

I just did a restart on my phone (Android) and the AC app has been removed; Aeroplan app remains.

Anyone else experience this?

lcohen999 Apr 27, 2020 8:45 am

Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ (Post 32328357)
I just did a restart on my phone (Android) and the AC app has been removed; Aeroplan app remains.

Anyone else experience this?

I think it is just you. I just checked for updates and there were none for AC.

Aeroplan app received an update but nothing on AC.

YYC traveler May 10, 2020 8:46 am

Hey AC IT, what version is it? Also, how does one determine that the app is only suitable for age 4+? Are there any 4 year old super elites?

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d3f97853d7.png
Am I version 5.5 or 5.4.1?

canadiancow May 12, 2020 7:12 pm

5.5 has a new feature:

• Schedule changes: We've made it easier to identify and review pending schedule changes to your upcoming flights.

marke190 May 13, 2020 1:44 pm

Has anyone else noticed that, as of recently, the aircraft type doesn't show when viewing upcoming trips in the app? Not a huge thing but what's the harm in including it? I find that sometimes noticing an aircraft change is the difference between having a good seat and a lousy seat.

canadiancow May 13, 2020 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by marke190 (Post 32372505)
Has anyone else noticed that, as of recently, the aircraft type doesn't show when viewing upcoming trips in the app? Not a huge thing but what's the harm in including it? I find that sometimes noticing an aircraft change is the difference between having a good seat and a lousy seat.

Seems like the API is only sending it down occasionally. I just checked a bunch of PNRs. The FP PNR has the type, but the Aeroplan PNRs do not. I don't have any others to test with.

marke190 May 13, 2020 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 32372606)
Seems like the API is only sending it down occasionally. I just checked a bunch of PNRs. The FP PNR has the type, but the Aeroplan PNRs do not. I don't have any others to test with.

My data points are all Aeroplan PNRs. If the FP PNRs are showing the type I'd expect the same for normal bookings but it's never certain with AC IT.

mileageking May 15, 2020 9:39 am

Originally Posted by marke190 (Post 32372901)
My data points are all Aeroplan PNRs. If the FP PNRs are showing the type I'd expect the same for normal bookings but it's never certain with AC IT.

All my AC revenue flights (non FP) show aircraft type. My Aeroplan flights don't.

ride red May 15, 2020 7:51 pm

My two Aeroplan trips show the aircraft for the Rouge segments but not the mainline segments.

canadiancow May 15, 2020 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by ride red (Post 32379253)
My two Aeroplan trips show the aircraft for the Rouge segments but not the mainline segments.

I find they're also showing for Express.

I'm not seeing the cabin listed for Aeroplan bookings either.

I wish it would show the fare class in addition to just the cabin though.

I also wish it would show more information about the passengers (like FF numbers), and let you update those.

canadiancow May 16, 2020 1:36 am

It doesn't show aircraft type for non-AC flights either. I have a PNR with a bunch of AC and some LH, and the AC shows up fine, but not the LH.

Adam Smith May 16, 2020 6:19 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 32379666)
It doesn't show aircraft type for non-AC flights either. I have a PNR with a bunch of AC and some LH, and the AC shows up fine, but not the LH.

What aircraft type(s) on the LH segment(s)? I have an Aeroplan booking that has SQ and BR. The SQ flight is on a 359, and the type isn't listed. There are two BR segments, one on a 333 and the other on an 77W. Both of those are shown. If I were guessing based on that data alone, it displays the type for OAL if it's a type that's operated by AC (and therefore perhaps listed in whatever database the app pulls the name from?), but that's a guess.