FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993153-newly-redesigned-air-canada-mobile-app-fall-2019-a.html)

Genetk44 Feb 9, 2020 1:48 pm

Sorry...I still say the new app is a step backwards in usability, functionality compared to the old app. Its cumbersome, requires more multiple steps to accomplish the same thing as the old app...if that actual function even exists on the new app, which most seem not to.

Stranger Feb 9, 2020 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Genetk44 (Post 32052239)
Sorry...I still say the new app is a step backwards in usability, functionality compared to the old app. Its cumbersome, requires more multiple steps to accomplish the same thing as the old app...if that actual function even exists on the new app, which most seem not to.

Same as happened to aircanada.com over the last 20 years or so. Ever more unnecessary steps and less functonality.

Adam Smith Feb 9, 2020 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by lcohen999 (Post 32048155)
This was an interesting little data point. Was flying home via ORD last night. AC had an earlier flight than mine and I was able to get UA to rebook me and push the ticket over to AC.

Once that was done, refreshing my flights under the new app the flight came up instantly.

This has been the case pretty much since they introduced the new app. Changes flow through almost instantly. When I'm on the phone with AC, I can sometimes monitor their progress just by constantly getting updates from the app as they make each change.

Adam Smith Feb 10, 2020 4:18 pm

The near-instant updates to the app also happened this morning when I selected seats via the LH and LX websites, respectively, for two PNRs that I booked through Aeroplan but don't have any AC segments on them.

Not that the app can show you what has changed, in that case, since it doesn't have seat numbers, but the app knows that something has changed!

Jebby_ca Feb 13, 2020 4:33 am

New app update on iPhone - I can now see my selected seats, and it is now easier to select seats! Still just opens a webpage to select seats though, instead of doing it natively in the app.

Aselwyn Feb 13, 2020 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca (Post 32066475)
New app update on iPhone - I can now see my selected seats, and it is now easier to select seats! Still just opens a webpage to select seats though, instead of doing it natively in the app.

yeah that sucks it seems they are just switching to being a web app for everything

canadiancow Feb 13, 2020 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Aselwyn (Post 32066519)
yeah that sucks it seems they are just switching to being a web app for everything

No, it seems like they're responding to feedback in the quickest way they can.

ffsim Feb 13, 2020 9:26 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 32067460)
No, it seems like they're responding to feedback in the quickest way they can.

Agreed. I'd rather have the app open a webpage that not have it natively in the app for the duration of the development stint.

Adam Smith Feb 13, 2020 9:44 am

Sadly, it doesn't appear that the Android app has been updated with this new functionality yet.

pstaples Feb 13, 2020 5:00 pm

The App, as sad as it was, was showing all my bookings and allowing me to check in etc. Over the past 2 weeks, Ive not been able to see any of my bookings (but can see them on aircanada.com). Anyone having this issue? If I try to add them to the app it gives an error.

canadiancow Feb 13, 2020 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by pstaples (Post 32069463)
The App, as sad as it was, was showing all my bookings and allowing me to check in etc. Over the past 2 weeks, Ive not been able to see any of my bookings (but can see them on aircanada.com). Anyone having this issue? If I try to add them to the app it gives an error.

I think that's a common issue, just not being experienced (or at least reported) by many FTers.

Do they show up on the website?

canadiancow Feb 13, 2020 8:29 pm

Seat information is definitely nice to see.

The meal information, while basic, is also useful. However, it's not showing up for any of my flights booked in I class. This one is in R.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...176baa459c.png

Adam Smith Feb 13, 2020 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 32070118)
Seat information is definitely nice to see.

The meal information, while basic, is also useful. However, it's not showing up for any of my flights booked in I class. This one is in R.

What version of the app is this? Google Play is still telling me that 5.1.7 is the most up to date and it doesn't have that. Or have you gone over to the dark side and gotten an iPhone? ;)

canadiancow Feb 13, 2020 8:42 pm

5.2.0. It's a staged rollout, so not everyone gets access at once.

musicmtl Feb 14, 2020 5:57 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 32070150)
5.2.0. It's a staged rollout, so not everyone gets access at once.

Nice. Downloading now.