Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Routes do you wish AC flew?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by Smiley90
YVR-SIN or YVR-BKK for sure. I believe it's been mentioned in the Dreamliner thread too, that should definitely be doable...
As much as I too wish this could happen, BKK is maxed out and SIN is rationing slots. Perhaps alternative airports could be considered; Utapao, while tainted by its proximity to the sexpat destination of Pattaya, will soon be connected to BKK by a fast train: 45 minutes and voila, one is in the Big Mango.
I am not a big fan of Vietnam, but I expect that getting a few landing slots there might be easier than anywhere else and Vietnam's beach resorts are coming on strong. Another option would be to pick a Japanese airport as a new asian hub, adding routes to Haneda. Nothing says a perfect airport experience than Japan. I'd also be happy if AC expanded service to ICN, or another Korean airport, using it as an Asian hub.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
LAX-YOW. Interestingly, I was on a LAX-YYZ flight a few weeks ago that diverted to YOW due to a ground stop in Toronto. 3 YOW destined pax were extremely frustrated they couldn't get off and had to go back to YYZ, so the demand is definitely more than me. This would be a great 220 route and open up an interesting connection point if YOW-FRA/LHR goes 788.

BUR-YYZ on the 220 would also be excellent.
They really wouldn't let people off in YOW? It's not like they don't have CBSA facilities there.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by jcamp028

yyz-txl
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
Rouge already flies this route?
Originally Posted by jcamp028
Exactly.
I was going to say YYZMCO for the same reason.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
YYC-DEN. I fly this on United all the time for work, but missing out on the AQDs!
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:16 pm

Speaking of YOW, can we get YTZ-YOW? Porter is always delayed.
qrctraveller likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
They really wouldn't let people off in YOW? It's not like they don't have CBSA facilities there.
We never made it to the gate, just sat in the de-icing area and refueled. Pilot radioed and asked but because the flight was still bonded from the US they wouldn't let them off. Stairs were brought to the aircraft so the pilots could do a walk-about and CBSA sat 20 meters away to make sure no one got off.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:22 pm

YUL - BEY
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
As much as I too wish this could happen, BKK is maxed out and SIN is rationing slots. Perhaps alternative airports could be considered; Utapao, while tainted by its proximity to the sexpat destination of Pattaya, will soon be connected to BKK by a fast train: 45 minutes and voila, one is in the Big Mango.
I am not a big fan of Vietnam, but I expect that getting a few landing slots there might be easier than anywhere else and Vietnam's beach resorts are coming on strong. Another option would be to pick a Japanese airport as a new asian hub, adding routes to Haneda. Nothing says a perfect airport experience than Japan. I'd also be happy if AC expanded service to ICN, or another Korean airport, using it as an Asian hub.
You mean Phu Quoc? I'm definitely hearing more about it amongst my group of friends. However, is there enough demand? It's not like the Vietnamese community is that big in Canada. I still think SIN makes the most sense, but if you're saying that they're rationing slots, then maybe it won't happen after all?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
If we are wishing for a better world, I'd move all YUL TB and INTL flights to YHZ.
shadowspar and jhartley15 like this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
YYC-DEN. I fly this on United all the time for work, but missing out on the AQDs!
Not going to happen. This route is highly competitive (UA, WS, and F9) and I can't imagine the yields are very good.
gcashin likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titan
YTZ to BUF
briantoronto and nnanlno like this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
Not going to happen. This route is highly competitive (UA, WS, and F9) and I can't imagine the yields are very good.
Can you please tell me why that route is so competitive?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
I got my original wish of YVR-MEL. But, my next with would be YVR-SCL
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM
Originally Posted by YXELLB
YUL - BEY
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/thomas..._12445398.html
YXELLB likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Based only on my flying habits:
YOW-MIA
YOW-YSJ
YVR-BKK (old CP route)
YVR-SIN (or YVR-KUL)
YOW-AMS (tulip capitals)
oiboy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.