Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: AC*SE, Wyndham Dimond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat CND & USA, active military, Yoga teacher.
will they be posting the new game at midnight EST time?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LesDorgo
will they be posting the new game at midnight EST time?
In the past several versions, they have announced later in the day with effect from the prior midnight (and I was a completely lucky beneficiary on at least 2 occasions, having coincidentally made bookings the previous late night after 12). However, I am assuming nothing this time and will wait until I see the rules. Ya never know.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by chriscol1
Still working on a new EYW name while I wait and wait and wait for Monday, but I do have a few contenders (which I will share when the time comes).
In spite of the potential amusement and in the spirit of respect of intellectual property, I will not be using a deliberately similar or derivative name, so drunkercargo, canadianc0w (conodioncaw?) are out.
So these name are out too?

24kitkat
zzznomad
hippie1
mrandmrssmith
canadianhamburger
99yroldsuperelite
expat7777
RangerBob
Yhztoddler
ShakyAT
philsuperduperelite
superangrykitten
waytoomuchkids
tcookiemonster
dnawarlock
bringbacktheNords
snoopiesnemisis
drunkincargopants
jasdont
largenk
ruthmore (yeah, I know, original)
gcashin, Bohemian1, jasdou and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Yhztraveller; Sep 7, 2019 at 12:25 pm Reason: I thought of a few more
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Still working on a new EYW name while I wait and wait and wait for Monday, but I do have a few contenders (which I will share when the time comes).
In spite of the potential amusement and in the spirit of respect of intellectual property, I will not be using a deliberately similar or derivative name, so drunkercargo, canadianc0w (conodioncaw?) are out.
I won't be offended if you choose snailmj
chriscol1 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The reason he's been "selfloadingcargo" on EYW is that they block naughty words. Like "drunk".
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The reason he's been "selfloadingcargo" on EYW is that they block naughty words. Like "drunk".
Sorry, but selfloadingercargo just does not work at all for me....and chriscool is also so out of the running.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:28 am

We're hard at work on the cowgorithm tonight.

We've improved handling of direct flights (like that pesky YOW-YQR-YXE-YOW), we've removed a big chunk of code that was useful in v3 but not so much any more, and we're optimizing the rest of it so it can run much faster.
douglasr and YYC3722 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:45 am

We still need to validate the results, but initial tests show it's still accurate, and cowgorithm 2.0 is twice as fast.
WaytoomuchEurope and ecc like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:19 am
ecc

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
Originally Posted by canadiancow
We still need to validate the results, but initial tests show it's still accurate, and cowgorithm 2.0 is twice as fast.
You don't happen to post your code on GitHub/GitLab do you? Would love to take a look.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by ecc
You don't happen to post your code on GitHub/GitLab do you? Would love to take a look.
It's on GitHub in a private repo.

EYW is a zero sum game. Can't share it with the world.

Also:

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I know this is usually a solo thing, but if someone works out some good itins and wants to wingrun with me, I'll pay for 25% of your ai fare just for the companionship. Have homes in YVR, YTO, YUL, SFO, LAX and NYC so any of these places are preferred for overnight. Sorry, no spare bedrooms tho... I'm tango/flex friendly, nexus/ge/prechk 100%, and know how to shut up in Y cabin. =)
​​​​​​​It's worth money to other FTers
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:09 pm
ecc

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
Eh, I'm not hugely interested in EYW, as much as I am in the APIs you're using to pull timetables and where I can get access. The Amadeus api is...not amazing.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:44 pm

I have a spreadsheet with "EYW 2019" in cell A1 and ...umm..that is it. So, nogorithm is still a possible name....
canadiancow and ecc like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Wyndham Dimond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat CND & USA, active military, Yoga teacher.
past midnight here in the center of Canada and still not EYW. Why did I stay up, I will spend the day at work waiting for the game to start.
douglasr likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:58 pm

It always starts during business hours at AC HQ.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
.....still nada

........sun is coming up....birds are chirping....... the center of Canada is waking up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.