Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Woman left on Air Canada aircraft after arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Woman left on Air Canada aircraft after arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy1978
i think a more apt comparison would be... "i fell asleep on the subway, the train went out of service. I woke up hours later on the Sunday in a dark subway storage yard/building which is a secure area requiring a security card to exit"

Clearly AC messed up but the victim must be a heavy sleeper!
Well that's my point. While I'm sure that's a massive inconvenience for everyone involved, I just don't see the civil liability.
ewok22 and 5mm like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Well that's my point. While I'm sure that's a massive inconvenience for everyone involved, I just don't see the civil liability.
I imagine there are memos from AC security claiming that the woman disrupted the flight, intentionally damaged the plane, stood in the aisle, gave out snacks inappropriately, and should be banned. I expect there's substantial liability to all of that. She owes them a lot of money!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Quite so. Did AC have a contractual obligation to wake her up? Or was she supposed to leave upon arrival? Easy to claim it's as much her fault as theirs and that there was no real harm anyway.
5mm likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
While I honestly struggle to understand how she was not spotted by crew, she sounds like a total hysterical person...
RangerNS and 5mm like this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:12 am

I hate this day in age...........what happened to just take some responsibility and ownership? A mistake happened regardless of who's fault it was and nobody got hurt.

I can understand if someone is harmed etc., because of the actions of someone else etc., but geesh where does it end.

I showed up at a store the other day and they were not opened. Apparently they didn't update their website - guess I should sue so they cover my fuel and hardship it caused me to mess up my plans for that day!

.....and seriously, is she really a "victim" here?
tcook052, taupo, windscar and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: Back of the bus
She is a victim here. She had to fly AC in economy class.
Twickenham likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by jazzsax
She is a victim here. She had to fly AC in economy class.
Even worse, ROUGE economy class!!
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
While I honestly struggle to understand how she was not spotted by crew, she sounds like a total hysterical person...
I honestly can't believe there is anyone that believe her verison 100%. Was she left on the plane? Yes. Was she "strapped in" her seat upright? No.

The part i have the most doubt in and where she is embellishing the most is the "complete darkness"

I saw this comment somewhere else on another fourm:

Even if they moved her plane to the remotest part of an airport, it is still an active area with more that enough noises, sounds and lights

The window shades 1) are not even remotely able to block out all lights, they don't seal 100% so they will always emit some light thru nooks and crannies and then 2) that would mean EVERY single window shade was down. So either AC made an announcement prior to landing that all passengers must lower all the window shades, which I have never had to being on the last flight of the night (and I took 3 in the past week on Delta) or a FA or cleaning crew did walk the plane and lowered them all, in which she would have been discovered in her seat.

Last edited by OneHourPhoto; Jun 26, 2019 at 11:25 am Reason: .
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Also "freezing cold".

In Toronto. In June. Jebus, even at 2AM with the APU off, she had a risk of melting, not freezing to death.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by marke190
even worse, rouge economy class!!
the horror
marke190 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: 35 K
The problem that concerns me is , what if she had a stroke or heart attack during the flight? Would it still have been up to her to ensure she deplaned by herself? Makes you wonder what world we live in.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Marriot Rewards, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by The Lev
In her own Facebook post she says "as someone with and anxiety disorder..." While like many here, my first instinct is to , I have never walked a mile in the shoes of somebody who has an anxiety disorder, so I would not be inclined to jump to conclusions about their feelings or actions.
My wife has an anxiety disorder. The last thing she ever wants is too much attention paid to her because it freaks her out.
I think Air Canada left her on the plane, and that sucks. I think her reaction is playing to get advantage.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
Just like seat selection you will need to pay extra for wake up service and a notice to get off the plane.

And if if anyone has an health issue and can’t get up to get off the plane it is your own fault anyway.

This is all true until you have the problem.

Reminds me of deflate gate. Passengers with other issues with AC are told it is their own fault. But if it happens to me, well that is different now.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Lovely to see so many infrequent AC FTers stop by to victim blame.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by marke190
Even worse, ROUGE economy class!!
And yet managed to sleep comfortably for hours...
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.