Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Woman left on Air Canada aircraft after arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K

Someone has got some serious explaining to do.

https://onemileatatime.com/passenger...-canada-plane/
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Too early to victim blame and shame?
It's her fault that she fell asleep! How dare she!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan
You'd think that the groomers would have noticed her when they cleaned the plane.......... oh never mind.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Well now I feel less bad for always plugging my phone in when I fly or have 5 minutes in a lounge - never know when you'll need it.

I'm not sure I would have handled that situation much differently. I'd like to think I know how to arm the door, so I at least could have deployed the slide

I wonder if I'd be able to get the radio working.

I'm sure she'll be banned from AC for being a stow-away or attempted hijacking or something.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: AC SE
I recommend everyone should travel with at least a small battery bank, they're cheap and relatively small depending on the battery capacity.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: Back of the bus
Wonder if she was drunk at the rock festival a buddy of mine went to that weekend.... LOL

If it was me, I would have been searching through the galley for food and booze and just slept it off!
Goaguy likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by northerncoalminer
I recommend everyone should travel with at least a small battery bank, they're cheap and relatively small depending on the battery capacity.
I can use my laptop to charge my phone, and I always travel with it.

As much as I agree having a charged phone is always good practice, I really don't think that should be the lesson here.

It would have saved her what... 30 minutes? Maybe? She still would have been left on the plane for hours.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jazzsax
Wonder if she was drunk at the rock festival a buddy of mine went to that weekend.... LOL

If it was me, I would have been searching through the galley for food and booze and just slept it off!
With "just (barely) enough" catering (apologies to "just in time" parts inventory management systems), there wouldn't have been anything left.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:01 pm
5mm
Suspended

Except you can't take them past security. I have had 5 taken away already.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
I usually have a EPIRB / PLB in my carry on bag as I enjoy a hike at my destinations and due to the Malaysian airlines incident. In this case I would have just activated the EPIRB, grabbed a soda, watched the chaos at the airport, and waited. I wonder if she could have done the same with a PLB / EPIRB on board.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by 5mm
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by 5mm
You have my sympathy but that has never happened to me once in the past decade.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I am not a big fan of litigation, but to me this is negligence on a scale with the Dr. Dao / United thing. It makes a mockery of the constant claim that the employees are primarily here for your safety, etc... Air Canada ought to be dragged through the courts on this one.
Symmetre and Annalisa12 like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by OUTraveling
I usually have a EPIRB / PLB in my carry on bag as I enjoy a hike at my destinations and due to the Malaysian airlines incident. In this case I would have just activated the EPIRB, grabbed a soda, watched the chaos at the airport, and waited. I wonder if she could have done the same with a PLB / EPIRB on board.
I kept a few fireworks in my camping bag back in the day and they made it into my travel bag nowadays with small pack of water proof matches.

I wonder which seat she was in. I could only understand this if she was last one or two rows and window seat.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by 5mm
Perhaps you should bring smaller battery banks, ones that are less than 100WH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.