Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Woman left on Air Canada aircraft after arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Woman left on Air Canada aircraft after arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why interrupt a good night sleep anyway? I think I would have made myself comfortable and gone back to sleep until morning...
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:23 pm

How appropriate that it was Air Canada.

Does anyone recall the Air Canada television ad (at least in UK) the theme of which was that an AC flight was so enjoyable that passengers wouldn't want to get off?

As I remember there was shots of the passengers partying in the aircraft while the terminal was shutting down for the night and the lights being turned off.
wrp96 and Giantlonglegs like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by 5mm
Except you can't take them past security. I have had 5 taken away already.
What mAh capacity are your banks? I normally travel with 2 and I have (to date) NEVER had them taken away. One is a 15600mAh TP-Link bank, and the other is a 2600mAh fuel rod.

Maybe it's because I work at the airport......
ffsim, wrp96, canadiancow and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
How?....They had to walk past her.
With their eyes glued on to their phones no doubt.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
What mAh capacity are your banks? I normally travel with 2 and I have (to date) NEVER had them taken away. One is a 15600mAh TP-Link bank, and the other is a 2600mAh fuel rod.

Maybe it's because I work at the airport......
I've flown with 2 x 14.4v 3.6Ah batteries for a Dewalt drill in my carry on. Those were NiMH and not Li-ion and they got an inspection by TSA but were packed properly so were allowed on.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:02 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stranger
Why interrupt a good night sleep anyway? I think I would have made myself comfortable and gone back to sleep until morning...
Maybe self upgraded the same time.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Who knew there were lie flat seats on such a short flight?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
The FAs responsible to check the aircraft before they deplane. We all can joke about being stuck inside an aircraft and trying to start the engine etc but it is no joke to be inside and locked inside anything let alone an aircraft for someone especially who is not in the aviation industry.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Stranger
I think I would have made myself comfortable .
Impossible, it's Rouge.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:50 pm

I’m on my phone and am too lazy to look, but this story seems like déjà vu to me. I swear there was a very similar story 3-5 years ago.

Regarding power banks, I regularly travel with 2 (1 “large” one for my iPad and a smaller one for my phone) and CATSA/TSA haven’t even batted an eye. Neither did security in the EU when I was last there last year.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
PVG did inspect my power bank but found it small enough. The sign said they do not allow power banks with undeterminable capacity. If there is no legible label, they treat it as if it is excessive.
I've almost been in this situation on the TTC subway, thanks to overhead announcements that the train was going out of service, but nobody checking for deaf people...
I would be very unhappy to be left on a plane.
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
PVG did inspect my power bank but found it small enough. The sign said they do not allow power banks with undeterminable capacity. If there is no legible label, they treat it as if it is excessive.
I've almost been in this situation on the TTC subway, thanks to overhead announcements that the train was going out of service, but nobody checking for deaf people...
I would be very unhappy to be left on a plane.
China also disallows them if they don't have a serial number... Had that happen to me in Beijing (was an old bank that had the serial number rubbed off and I had another so didn't really mind).

As for the TTC, I've been woken several times by cleaners who think it's funny to wake people by scaring the bejeezus out of them or roughly kicking people's feet... The thought of just a gentle tap on your shoulders seems alien to some of them... And they wonder why people take those embarrassing photos of them.
​​
windscar likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
I'd love it. Scrounge for some food, sit in the cockpit, play with the switches, find a blanket and pillow, have a good sleep, wait until someone came to retrieve the aircraft (Surprise!) and have a great story to tell for the rest of my life.
Dolphin2, DaveS, Hankle and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Badenoch
...wait until someone came to retrieve the aircraft (Surprise!)...
The surprise might be that nobody comes for the plane for another 24 hours or so.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I know I must not be a normal person, because when I first read this article, I was a little confused about why it framed the experience as a "nightmare." My reaction was, "Oh, this is so cool! I wish this would happen to me! It's so 'From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler!'" You'd get to run around the plane, explore the cockpit, and basically have free-reign on a passenger jet which you don't get very often. People's constant fear of everything ruins their enjoyment of everything.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/21/73493...darkened-plane

Anyway, sorry I'm a weirdo.
-Hank
The Lev, trooper, wrp96 and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.