Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Aeroplan Reserve card has a offer of 10X points on grocery and eats/dining. 23 June -23 Sept. Upto 50K points. So spend $5K on groceries or dining and get 50K AE points.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Amex Aeroplan (Regular) has an offer of 5x points for the same thing, up to a max of 25k points.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 1:20 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
I am looking at the business reserve card. I see an omission: this doesn't give access to centurion lounges. Or does it?

But hey: preferential treatment at the Pearson Econo Short Term Daily Valet Express Garage Vicsount District look at me big shot
msat likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 6:24 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cur
I am looking at the business reserve card. I see an omission: this doesn't give access to centurion lounges. Or does it?
The top Amex Aeroplan card has never granted access to the Centurion lounge. It grants you access to the MLLs.

As far as I'm aware, none of the co-branded cards grants access to Centurion lounges. For example, despite being a "platinum" card, the Air Miles Platinum card also does not get you access.
cur, vernonc, Symmetre and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
Contemplating getting the Reserve. Anyone know the amount of referral points for Reserve vs. Regular?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: SE 100K MM,UA Gold, Marriott Titanium,Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade, National Exec Elite
Not sure which Regular one you mean but Reserve refers at 20K

Last edited by scotchmeup; Jul 21, 2021 at 3:05 pm
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
Thank you! By regular mean the $120 fee one.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by mimo123
Contemplating getting the Reserve. Anyone know the amount of referral points for Reserve vs. Regular?
Originally Posted by scotchmeup
Not sure which Regular one you mean but Reserve refers at 20K
Originally Posted by mimo123
Thank you! By regular mean the $120 fee one.
The Amex referral bonus for the reserve card is 20 K points, as noted above. The referral bonus for the mid-tier Aeroplan Amex (annual fee ~$120-150) is 10K points.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 12:30 am

AMEX Aeroplan Reserve - how to access MLL

I apologize for the basic question - I've just signed up for the AMEX Aeroplan Reserve card and am waiting on the cards in the mail, but have a flight in a couple days. I was wondering how you actually go about accessing the MLL. Do you need to show both a boarding pass and the credit card? Or now that I've linked my Aeroplan account and the AMEX Aeroplan Reserve card, will the access automatically be added to my Aeroplan account and they'll simply be able to look it up? This goes for all of the airport benefits I guess (the priority check-in and boarding). Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2021, 12:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K
Hey Trevor,

If you got the AMEX Aeroplan Reserve card, your account should automatically update and your boarding pass will be what gets you into the lounge.
Prior to receiving my reserve card but after having been approved, my boarding pass on the Air Canada app updated to show that lounge access was included. It'll display as an extra detail in the "more info" (or similarly worded) section of the boarding pass.

This goes for all other benefits - you'll see that your ticket is reflected to be zone 2 and that your bags will automatically be given priority status.

Cheers and enjoy! Though, to be fair, I'd temper my expectations of the lounges. They are nice but nothing particularly exquisite.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by mb4wong
Hey Trevor,

If you got the AMEX Aeroplan Reserve card, your account should automatically update and your boarding pass will be what gets you into the lounge.
Prior to receiving my reserve card but after having been approved, my boarding pass on the Air Canada app updated to show that lounge access was included. It'll display as an extra detail in the "more info" (or similarly worded) section of the boarding pass.

This goes for all other benefits - you'll see that your ticket is reflected to be zone 2 and that your bags will automatically be given priority status.

Cheers and enjoy! Though, to be fair, I'd temper my expectations of the lounges. They are nice but nothing particularly exquisite.
That's awesome thanks for the reply! That answers my question perfectly. Ya it's all a bit new and exciting for me, I anticipate I will be flying a lot for work coming up so thought the card would be worth it.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Trevor Leggat
That's awesome thanks for the reply! That answers my question perfectly. Ya it's all a bit new and exciting for me, I anticipate I will be flying a lot for work coming up so thought the card would be worth it.
Good chance you may have the card before you travel. They send them quickly via FedEx. You'll probably receive it tomorrow.

Ron.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 3:09 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by newfbc
Good chance you may have the card before you travel. They send them quickly via FedEx. You'll probably receive it tomorrow.

Ron.
Originally Posted by Trevor Leggat
just use the amex app.
and you get the card in your wallet upon approval.
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:47 pm

Does the AMEX Aeroplan Reserve card only grant access to the card holder or does it allow 1 guest (complementary), too?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by FFSaver
Does the AMEX Aeroplan Reserve card only grant access to the card holder or does it allow 1 guest (complementary), too?
Primary and Supplementary Card holders only. Guests can be admitted for a fee.

You can find this info on both the Amex site, and the AC MLL webpage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.