Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:44 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by codfather
This goes back to an oft repeated thing on FT; those with lower or no status should not have lounge access. The reality of the situation is that these new credit cards are likely generating a lot of profit for AC. I agree that Z2 boarding and lounges are getting busier, but it’s not the end of the world.

I’ll be very happy one day if I don’t re-qualify and am still able to access the lounge and priority boarding (amongst other benefits) with a $600 dollar credit card.
IT's Zone "1" and 2 that are getting busier , because AC always has zone 1 and 2 together, if not, very little time between zone 1 and 2 , or the gate area is jam packed that you feel like a DYKWIA if you try to get by the crowd !
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by YVR4Ever
The Cafe is sort of a step in that direction, though the lack of drinks makes it a less desirable place to hang out. The SS is the opposite, more akin to the lounge in the FCT for Lufthansa. I guess Lufthansa has more passenger density to be able to segment their offerings more than AC. In terms of reducing congestion, mixing Star Gold and J would still meet the objective, I think.
the Cafe (when its actually open) you can enter as a 35K but only because of the Amex Reserve and other "Black level" cards otherwise it is this is the same with 35k's in international MLL's
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Which check-in counter can premium card holders without status use at YYZ?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
American Express Air Canada Card

I haven't been able to find much, but I believe this is the card that was rumored to offer 50K status, Signature Suite access, and who knows what else.

https://www.chubb.com/ca-en/business...rtifcates.html is the only thing I can find that actually refers to it.

The fully insurance certificate is at https://www.chubb.com/content/dam/ch..._Insurance.pdf, effective April 5 2022.

An example of the "premium-ness" of this card, comparing the insurance limits for the Aeroplan Reserve Card:

to the Air Canada Card:

Anyone else have any information?

Last edited by Adam Smith; May 26, 2022 at 9:18 pm Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:04 pm

I don't believe Air Canada don't let SE go to ACS but let a credit card holder in.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
If it exists it's behind the scenes as it's not currently listed with Amex, nor did it come up in conversation when I just called to inquire about it.

None of the current AC cards with Amex offer status by default, just the "spend XX to get YY"
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: hahaha
Also nothing on my end when I called AMEX to ask about it. I asked if they could produce the 3-char alphanumeric "marketing" code for the Aeroplan cards and they were able to provide it with some research, but nothing came up for this "Air Canada" card
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:23 pm
Suspended

could it be a credit card for the US market that doesn't use the term "aeroplan?"

https://www.finder.com/chase-air-canada-card
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:24 pm

No, it's definitely Canadian. Read the insurance policy. "Amex Bank of Canada".
ricardo galimatias likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:55 pm
YXU

Programs: AC 50K, Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA Silver
The insurance benefits look identical to those of the Centurion card. Making me believe this card will be invite-only for those with high spend.
I think this is what Mark Nasr was referring to in the Miles and Bling chat the other day, when mentioned that premium credit cards will give higher status through high spend.

Last edited by YXU; Apr 27, 2022 at 5:56 pm Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by YXU
The insurance benefits look identical to those of the Centurion card. Making me believe this card will be invite-only for those with high spend.
I think this is what Mark Nasr was referring to in the Miles and Bling chat the other day, when mentioned that premium credit cards will give higher status through high spend.
No, that comment was in reference to earning 1k SQM per $5000 (or $10000) spent.
asovse1 and Bindy Johal like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:55 pm
YXU

Programs: AC 50K, Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
Which check-in counter can premium card holders without status use at YYZ?
There are 2 dedicated counters in Aisle 2/3 for premium cards. They're right next to (or across) from the 25k/35k check in counters.
WildcatYXU likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 9:24 am

I am about 1000 SQM short of reaching 50K before my next trip, and I also owe the Canada Revenue Agency a little over $1000. I am wondering if I will get SQM credit for payments to the Canada Revenue Agency. (I know I'll have to pay a processing fee to pay by credit card, but to reach 50K status for a $1000 payment before my next trip it seems worth it.) What do you think?

Edited to add: I'm at about $4K in new Amex spend since my last SQM boost with Amex, so the $1K spend for my taxes should put me over the $5K threshold for earning more SQM before my next trip.

Last edited by frogoutofwater; May 2, 2022 at 10:16 am
Old May 2, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by frogoutofwater
I am about 1000 SQM short of reaching 50K before my next trip, and I also owe the Canada Revenue Agency a little over $1000. I am wondering if I will get SQM credit for payments to the Canada Revenue Agency. (I know I'll have to pay a processing fee to pay by credit card, but to reach 50K status for a $1000 payment before my next trip it seems worth it.) What do you think?
You get 1000 SQM with every $5000 spend, no?
Old May 2, 2022, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by guessaaa
You get 1000 SQM with every $5000 spend, no?
Correct. I should have clarified in my original post that I'm about $1K short of the next $5K spend threshold for earning SQM. (I've corrected my original post.) It's about the timing. If this spend counts toward the $5K threshold, then I should get those SQMs and reach 50K status before my next trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.