Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:22 am

I received an interesting secondary cardholder offer today on my Reserve card which I think is the best offer I've seen yet from them. 15,000 points each for up to 2 secondary cardholders added when they spend $2,500 in the first three months. I've only seen 10,000 offered in the past which is basically breakeven at 2 cpp.
meepmix likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:09 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by greg898
I received an interesting secondary cardholder offer today on my Reserve card which I think is the best offer I've seen yet from them. 15,000 points each for up to 2 secondary cardholders added when they spend $2,500 in the first three months. I've only seen 10,000 offered in the past which is basically breakeven at 2 cpp.
Got the same offer on my Amex Plat FWIW
meepmix likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 6:58 am

It seems several AC transactions on my reserve card only posted at 1.25x instead of 3x points this month. Contacted Amex via chat and they said it was a known issue for transactions between April 7 and 15, and that they were working on a fix. So FYI if this impacts you, we should see an adjustment 'soon'.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 9:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Same thing happened to me. In fact I had booked 6 trips with AC on Apr 14 so the points error was significant. the agent I spoke to 3 days ago was unaware of the
situation so I may have been one of the first to call in. Agent said it would be fixed in 5-7 business days.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 3:22 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
"Aeroplan Elite Status members can unlock a one-time perk of 20 Bonus eUpgrade credits & 15,000 Bonus Status Qualifying Miles (BSQM) by acquiring a new American Express Aeroplan Reserve card and earning 20,000 Aeroplan points through base and category accelerators by July 31, 2024."

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...s-offer.html#/
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWgary
"Aeroplan Elite Status members can unlock a one-time perk of 20 Bonus eUpgrade credits & 15,000 Bonus Status Qualifying Miles (BSQM) by acquiring a new American Express Aeroplan Reserve card and earning 20,000 Aeroplan points through base and category accelerators by July 31, 2024."

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...s-offer.html#/
AC: "We don't like churners"
also
AC: "We keep making these lucrative sign up offers on the same card"
YOWgary and vancouver25k like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.