Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:58 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I got he 40,000 welcome Aeroplan points (I would have received 50,000 points, if I did not already have t
I got the same points posted as yours. I was told I would get 50K points and the missing 10k will be posted next statement with the buddy pass. If not I should call back in.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 10:03 am

I hit my threshold last statement on Dec. 23. TD VIP - nothing in my account yet.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 3:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
New Amex Aeroplan Reserve Referral?

I have not been able to find a link to refer this new card.
When logged into Amex and use the refer a friend link I can only refer from my other cards, not the AP Reserve.
Any insight?
Old Jan 7, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
Same for me. I can refer from my Cobalt, but not from my Aeroplan Reserve. Maybe they just haven't set it up yet?

Also, I have about a dozen offers currently on my Cobalt, but have only received 1 on the Reserve, for Spotify, which I didn't get on the Cobalt. Seems like an odd marketing strategy to treat one of their top tier cards like an ugly stepchild.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
yeah i don't see any referral either. i just got mine a week ago and i don't even have any offers yet my Amex gold has 9
Old Jan 10, 2021, 7:23 pm

I called Amex about this last week. After some research the agent got back to me with an answer that a referral offer was in the works, but couldn’t provide any guidance as to when.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 5:19 am

Yup can’t see it for mine either.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Any updates for anyone on this?

I signed up early December for the TD card, only put on $800 in my first statement...my last statement just posted with about $8700 in purchases. I've received all bonus points but NOT the pass. I called TD who said it was an Aeroplan issue after 5-minutes, they forwarded me and had no idea which pass I was referring to...after awhile they said it is a TD issue as TD has to authorize it from their side
Old Jan 19, 2021, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I got my bonus points in December, but still don't have the buddy pass from TD.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
It looks like only CIBC has posted the Buddy Pass relatively quickly. TD and AMEX are lagging behind. Then again the delay does add additional time to use it so there is a positive to the delay.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
It looks like only CIBC has posted the Buddy Pass relatively quickly. TD and AMEX are lagging behind. Then again the delay does add additional time to use it so there is a positive to the delay.
...except when you are waiting to book a trip to use it

This is too bad
Old Jan 19, 2021, 2:29 pm

Programs: AC SE
I'd signed up for a new Aeroplan Amex in November and received the buddy pass very soon afterwards. I don't recall the exact dates, but I think I got the buddy pass a few days after meeting the spend requirement for the pass back in November. Amex was quicker than I expected in posting it for me.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
AMEX AP card received in late November

Buddy Pass received mid-December
Received the 9,000 Bonus Points as well as 2,500 additional bonus points and monthly 1,000 bonus points in mid-January
Waiting for 5,000 bonus points for signing onto the wait list
Old Jan 20, 2021, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
AMEX AP card received in late November

Buddy Pass received mid-December
Received the 9,000 Bonus Points as well as 2,500 additional bonus points and monthly 1,000 bonus points in mid-January
Waiting for 5,000 bonus points for signing onto the wait list
Similar timing to you - but, received the 5000 waitlist bonus on 1st statement. The 9000 comes this month after meeting minimum spend.
I also got that 2500 additional bonus for December spend and 2 x 1000 monthly spend bonus on my 1st statement.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by robsaw
Similar timing to you - but, received the 5000 waitlist bonus on 1st statement. The 9000 comes this month after meeting minimum spend.
I also got that 2500 additional bonus for December spend and 2 x 1000 monthly spend bonus on my 1st statement.
Well, that is interesting with the 2 x 1,000 monthly spend. The T&C stated 1,000 monthly for six months on a $500 a month minimum spend. I guess it's a total of 6,000 points if you spend 6 x $500. I did my $1,500 in the first two months so the 9,000 bonus points were awarded in statement two as the T&C stated 9,000 points with $1,500 spend over three months. Not sure about the 2,500 bonus points, but I will take it.

I do struggle with this card as the AMEX Gold gives me more points on more purchases than this one. My TD AP Card is free because of my account with TD and gives me the same, a little more than the AMEX AP. Giving this card one year trial to see if it's worth it. Not sure why the 5,000 Waitlisted bonus did not kick in right away?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.